Daydream Compatibility

Search This thread

wren2k

Jul 5, 2010
Ok so I got this phone expecting to be able to install and run daydream apps and games. Looking on the play store aside from the official daydream app none of the other apps appear to be compatible. I could understand if some developers put device/screen restrictions on their apps but I don't see every app being that way. Is there something I'm missing or some change I need to make for the daydream compatibility?

** side note I just double checked and the official daydream app by google says incompatible device as well.

Last edited:

wren2k

Jul 5, 2010
Ok so I got this phone expecting to be able to install and run daydream apps and games. Looking on the play store aside from the official daydream app none of the other apps appear to be compatible. I could understand if some developers put device/screen restrictions on their apps but I don't see every app being that way. Is there something I'm missing or some change I need to make for the daydream compatibility?

** side note I just double checked and the official daydream app by google says incompatible device as well.

Ok so looking a little closer at the matter it appears as if Google is "automatically" giving daydream certification to most phones without LCD screens. As far as I can tell, however, the IPS screen in the G7 meets all of google's requirements. I wonder if they haven't gotten around to certifying the G7 or if they are hands down declining cert for any phone with an LCD screen. On that note does anyone know of a way without root to get daydream working on "incompatible" phones without root. I have to admit I enjoy root, but with all the manufacturers working to lock down their devices I'm trying to move away from root for the features I'm looking for. Unfortunately that means upgrading my phone more often, but alas that is the goal of the manufacturers.

tsmith154

May 27, 2010
philadelphia
I've been looking as well. Powerful phone but no good vr app?
I'm stumped on what to do. I tried to return my lg g7 thinq for the Galaxy because I am finding the Galaxy is being excepted with compatible software and yhe lg is getting passed by.