FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

1,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 495

By Alex C., Senior Member on 6th October 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2012, 08:59 AM |#1001  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehsan021

In your previous Version (SuperOSR-chacha-2.5-20120319-2308) vpn work fine but on your last version it doesn't !!

I can confirm that it was working. I didn't know anything had changed since PPTP was failing, but I just tried connecting to my work and it seems to be working 100%. That's really good - I can stop using connectbot to set up dodgy SSH port forwarding and can access the intranet properly.

Not sure when the VPN was fixed, but it's really good news.

I won't switch to the latest build if the VPN is broken, but it's a bit surprising as it sounded like there was just a call screen fix.

EDIT:
When I got the VPN working above, I had about 5 domains being managed by the VPN. Just now I added another one, and then the VPN failed to connect. I tried about 4 or 5 times, and it failed every time. The error doesn't say anything about 'too many domains', but that appears to be the problem. When I delete the extra domain (well actually I deleted another domain) the VPN started working again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicois For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicois Ad-Free

31st March 2012, 10:53 PM |#1002  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,766

Donate to Me
More
Do you know how I could easily test if vpn is working and see what is happening if is not working? I mean, should I try to setup a vpn at home? Is there any easy to setup vpn on Linux?
1st April 2012, 09:52 AM |#1003  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

Do you know how I could easily test if vpn is working and see what is happening if is not working? I mean, should I try to setup a vpn at home? Is there any easy to setup vpn on Linux?

apt-get install pptpd

should be a good start. I think you can use OpenVPN too, but I would start with pptpd. If you get stuck I can make a virtualbox VM or something and get it working locally, but pptpd might just work for you without any complications.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nicois For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nicois Ad-Free
3rd April 2012, 03:19 PM |#1004  
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey, i've just installed SuperOSR-chacha-2.5-20120329-0005 and at the top of the sreen i've a blue line who looks like a glitch.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5...3462023291.png

Looks like the sreen isn't calibrated correctly. One pix under the correct grid.
Or is it normal ?
3rd April 2012, 04:43 PM |#1005  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorto

Hey, i've just installed SuperOSR-chacha-2.5-20120329-0005 and at the top of the sreen i've a blue line who looks like a glitch.

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/5...3462023291.png

Looks like the sreen isn't calibrated correctly. One pix under the correct grid.
Or is it normal ?

It's normal, it's the battery indicator. You can change it in SupSetup Parts. It was already reported in this thread btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2012, 05:47 PM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

It's normal, it's the battery indicator. You can change it in SupSetup Parts. It was already reported in this thread btw.

I got an idea for a feature, when you first install SuperOSR why don't you give the user choice to pick if they want the battery bar and other features.
4th April 2012, 09:06 AM |#1007  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
There is a choice, under settings - you can : turn it off.

sent usin' tapatalk innit.
4th April 2012, 10:49 AM |#1008  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert456

There is a choice, under settings - you can : turn it off.

Yes I know the is. But I mean when the user first boots the rom during the process of signing in to Google it would be nice to have UI settings shown what you want such as circular battery icon, blue battery line and others.

Sent from my XOOM 2 using XDA
4th April 2012, 08:27 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Ah, I get you- like in initial setup up?

4th April 2012, 08:28 PM |#1010  

More
Yea that's what I meant
5th April 2012, 09:40 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
how to assign f-button in cm7?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles