FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

1,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 495

By Alex C., Senior Member on 6th October 2011, 09:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th January 2012, 03:22 PM |#501  
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

Actually the video recording also works :), but it lags a lot in "high" def. It records fine in low def. Same 90º bug.

The cm7 wildfire s port had the same issue with video recording when alquez first got the camera to work, then he worked out a tweak to fix video.

Why don't you ask him how he got video to record smoothly.

I'm sure he wont mind giving you some advice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to intel007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift intel007 Ad-Free

5th January 2012, 03:59 PM |#502  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 1,766

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by intel007

The cm7 wildfire s port had the same issue with video recording when alquez first got the camera to work, then he worked out a tweak to fix video.

Why don't you ask him how he got video to record smoothly.

I'm sure he wont mind giving you some advice.

Thanks, you just gave me a possible fix .
6th January 2012, 12:17 AM |#503  
Flag Kent/London
Thanks Meter: 459

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda

Thanks, you just gave me a possible fix .

No problem, you guys deserve some luck, you all been really patient and worked hard on this.
6th January 2012, 05:18 AM |#504  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I've installed SuperOSR on my ChaCha and I'm pretty happy with how it runs, except that when I partition my SD card and enable apps2sd in SupSetup, and reboot, I get lots of errors. It's like some apps have been shifted across to the card but then aren't visible. So I get lots of popups about the keyboard app freezing, and I can't even load up SupSetup anymore until I restore from a backup.

Not sure if this is anything to do with this build, or if it's a more general thing.

It was also a bit disappointing that the PPTP VPN doesn't work - it's worked fine with the stock HTC firmware.

Overall I really like it, and thanks for your work so far. I'll be happy to test out any updates :)
6th January 2012, 09:17 PM |#505  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Is it intended for SuperOSR to have a build fingerprint of the Nexus One's 2.3.4 update? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it set to the Chacha's 1.54.401.2 fingerprint?
6th January 2012, 11:54 PM |#506  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by qzfive

Is it intended for SuperOSR to have a build fingerprint of the Nexus One's 2.3.4 update? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it set to the Chacha's 1.54.401.2 fingerprint?

Indeed . I already have it on my todo list... It's a legacy line I guess .
I haven't tried that line though on SuperOSR. Have you? Any side effect? I guess it should work ok or even better ...

The lines from my stock rom are:

ro.build.id=GRI40
ro.build.display.id=GRI40
ro.build.description=1.15.401.2 CL70651 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=htc_europe/htc_chacha/chacha:2.3.3/GRI40/70651:user/release-keys

What are they for 1.54.401.2 ?
7th January 2012, 12:33 AM |#507  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
A backup of my 1.54.401.2 build.prop shows the following:

ro.build.id=GRJ90
ro.build.display.id=GRJ90
ro.build.description=1.54.401.2 CL189894 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=htc_europe/htc_chacha/chacha:2.3.5/GRJ90/189894.2:user/release-keys

I haven't tried changing them and thought I'd ask about it first :P
Might try changing the values before my battery next dies and see if it affects the Market, etc.

--
Slightly off-topic: If it's not too much trouble, could you help me with a kernel building/booting issue? I'm trying to merge the CPU values found in this Wildfire S kernel to the SuperOSR kernel source, but after booting, the additional values aren't found, or I get a failed boot.

I'm wanting to attempt a slight overclock too, but I wanna make it boot first :P - The reason I'm trying to do this, is that I prefer more "fine" control over the CPU frequencies.

Would this be more suited talking about in PM?
7th January 2012, 07:34 PM |#508  
Flag Copenhague
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Hi adlx.xda

Do you remember, in november a patch in CM7 fixed the rotation problem for the preview mode. Maybe a similar solution could be applied to the snapshot mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
7th January 2012, 07:52 PM |#509  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd.bx

Hi adlx.xda

Do you remember, in november a patch in CM7 fixed the rotation problem for the preview mode. Maybe a similar solution could be applied to the snapshot mode?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I don't remember, I thought I found a fix like two days ago, but it was only fixing the rotation of the preview. Maybe it was the same way... Anyway, I believe I've found were to change the code to have it right this time, I just need time to try it...
7th January 2012, 11:48 PM |#510  
Recognized Developer
Flag Madrid

Donate to Me
More
Fix for Camera's 90º bug
Here is a fixed Camera.apk to be used with the latest SuperOSR 2.3 build:

http://www.mediafire.com/?k9q6pgvxlwiua87

It fixes the 90º rotation issue (both pictures & videos)

No success yet with movie recording lag, so workaround: use low quality movies.

BTW: users of SuperOSR, maybe you'd be interested in following me on Twitter (check my signature for link). Thx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2012, 07:47 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can anyone help? I always get fc when using any camera. I tried lowering the resolution and picture quality to normal but still fc. Im using superosr btw.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)