8th August 2012, 10:30 PM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by henbone11

its not that I am partial to one or the other. just stating all that ive tried

---------- Post added at 03:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

maybe I missed something, but was this bit removed from the process...

Code:
Testing superuser...
uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1009(m ount),1011(adb),
1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_bt_admin),3002(net_bt),30 03(inet),3006(net_bw_stats)

uid and gid should both be 0.
Are they? (y/n):
because I havent seen that once while attempting to root my infinity. I do, however, remember seeing this when rooting my gf's infinity.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

ok, I ran the package located at <REDACTED LINK, not the latest version and no credit given to XDA, root developer, or tool developer>

I get the uid/gid must be 0 dialog using that one, and both are 0. it completed, and stated that I was rooted. again, I am not...or the superuser apk in that one is messed up for me as well.

when I run root checker it says that busybox is not installed and that sudo is not found. I tried to install busybox but it failed. no root. I guess I am done messing with it until something else comes along or I get the urge to continue with this.

I included that link because it is included in the [RESOURCES] thread here in the dev forum...just thought id throw that out there before somebody freaks out. thanks for everyone's help.

I removed that manual process in favor of an automatic check, and as far as the su binary is concerned, you have root, so it is completely on the superuser app side, I'm just not sure what that issue is as I have never seen that issue.

9th August 2012, 01:00 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
"ok, I ran the package located at <REDACTED LINK, not the latest version and no credit given to XDA, root developer, or tool developer>"

lol I am not going to get into a pissing contest with anyone here but it's ok for the link to be posted with none of the same credits given here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1798586 but I post it and it gets redacted. typical.

also, "I included that link because it is included in the [RESOURCES] thread here in the dev forum...just thought id throw that out there before somebody freaks out. thanks for everyone's help." so yeah, I did give credit to xda, since HERE indicates xda.
9th August 2012, 01:19 AM |#503  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

"ok, I ran the package located at <REDACTED LINK, not the latest version and no credit given to XDA, root developer, or tool developer>"

lol I am not going to get into a pissing contest with anyone here but it's ok for the link to be posted with none of the same credits given here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1798586 but I post it and it gets redacted. typical.

also, "I included that link because it is included in the [RESOURCES] thread here in the dev forum...just thought id throw that out there before somebody freaks out. thanks for everyone's help." so yeah, I did give credit to xda, since HERE indicates xda.

That was nothing on you and it was not official, I just redacted it in my post because I do not like sites that do not correctly site their source because it makes it harder for users to find updates and help later on.
9th August 2012, 01:38 AM |#504  

More
right on. its all good man. so I, in a fit of desperation, unlocked the bootloader. still wont root. I also checked my gf's infinity and it doesnt have root either. so I guess the same thing happened with hers and I just never double checked it. so frutrating.
9th August 2012, 01:51 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

right on. its all good man. so I, in a fit of desperation, unlocked the bootloader. still wont root. I also checked my gf's infinity and it doesnt have root either. so I guess the same thing happened with hers and I just never double checked it. so frutrating.

Sorry for not being able to help, I see the same issue over in one of the other infinity threads as well. I should get my new infinity from BestBuy (through prime trade) in a day or 2 so maybe I can troubleshoot this issue then, if nobody has figured it out by then.

Since you do technically have root, you can always get the unsecured version of su (it lets all apps have root access without prompting) and run the tool again with that version. This would avoid the issue of the app not working properly, but I would not personally go that route as it leaves the device open to a breach.
9th August 2012, 06:42 PM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Prompt Confusion ?????????
Hello,

I am trying this root method but it just hangs on this screen

Waiting for device to be detected
* daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

I have ASUS drivers installed, running build number IML74K.US_EPAD-9.4.2.28-20120525.

I am running windows 7 and ADB installed.

USB debugging is enabled.

Connect as MTP checked

Just confused and cant seem to find anyone in the similar situation.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Cheers
9th August 2012, 07:03 PM |#507  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjlk

Hello,

I am trying this root method but it just hangs on this screen

Waiting for device to be detected
* daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

I have ASUS drivers installed, running build number IML74K.US_EPAD-9.4.2.28-20120525.

I am running windows 7 and ADB installed.

USB debugging is enabled.

Connect as MTP checked

Just confused and cant seem to find anyone in the similar situation.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Cheers

Usually this means that the device is not connected properly, since you said USB debugging is set we can rule that piece out. So, that usually leaves the drivers.

2 things you can check; first, run the command, adb devices. Does it show your device in the output?
In windows device manager, do you see your device listed as an adb composite interface?
9th August 2012, 11:26 PM |#508  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkym3

Sorry for not being able to help, I see the same issue over in one of the other infinity threads as well. I should get my new infinity from BestBuy (through prime trade) in a day or 2 so maybe I can troubleshoot this issue then, if nobody has figured it out by then.

Since you do technically have root, you can always get the unsecured version of su (it lets all apps have root access without prompting) and run the tool again with that version. This would avoid the issue of the app not working properly, but I would not personally go that route as it leaves the device open to a breach.

hey, its cool man. thanks for trying. I am sure at some point someone will come up with why its failing. good luck getting your infinity.

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjlk

running build number IML74K.US_EPAD-9.4.2.28-20120525.

hmm x.x.x.28 is out? also, the date on that x.x.x.28 is 5/25. the date on my x.x.x.26 is 7/20. odd?

**EDIT**
sharky, I have tried with 5 different versions of the superuser.apk. from beta 4, through 3.2 rc2. shows no root on each. but again, if I command prompt from your package folder and do adb shell/su it does show #. just remembered to share that.
10th August 2012, 04:12 AM |#509  
Flag NW Florida
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hey sparkym3, I have a question for you. Here in this post, somebody overcame a timeout issue that was due to "adb wait-for-device" by switching it to "pause". However, I noticed that in your batch file, you use both "pause <CON" and "@pause <CON". Were someone to encounter the same problem as that poster, which do you think would be a good alternative to the "wait-for-device"?

Please note, this is not for you to have to change your script, it is merely for a "list of possible solutions" thread I'm working on.
10th August 2012, 06:15 AM |#510  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienedd

Hey sparkym3, I have a question for you. Here in this post, somebody overcame a timeout issue that was due to "adb wait-for-device" by switching it to "pause". However, I noticed that in your batch file, you use both "pause <CON" and "@pause <CON". Were someone to encounter the same problem as that poster, which do you think would be a good alternative to the "wait-for-device"?

Please note, this is not for you to have to change your script, it is merely for a "list of possible solutions" thread I'm working on.

LOL alienedd, thank you so very much for bringing that to my attention. just ran everything manually as per burningcf's instructions and I now have root. I have never been a huge adb fan because of all the memory (mind) related stuff, but now I have to say I love it. thanks again.

**EDIT**
Just rooted my girlfriends infinity with the manual procedure and it worked as well. One thing though, for some reason if I update Superuser from within the app things start breaking and some apps cannot get root access. So, I deleted cache and uninstalled Superuser then reinstalled from the Play Store and all is well again. Also, had to install busybox from the Play Store in order for some apps to work properly (Titanium Backup namely).
10th August 2012, 08:24 AM |#511  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alienedd

There should be no difference between the pause that starts with @ and the one that doesn't (as far as this is concerned), I don't know how both got in there.

The reason that I added <CON to the end was because the script was ignoring the pauses and just continuing anyway (because it already had input stored in the buffer). The <CON just insures that the input is coming from the console (user) instead of some other buffer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)