818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
27th January 2013, 07:59 AM |#1001  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Question need little bit help.....
i am on rooted stock 4.2.1 rom with m-kernel a-33(latest version) with TWRP recovery...i am going to install multi rom on my nexus 7.so do i also need to install this file named as Kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch 4.2???????

27th January 2013, 11:36 AM |#1002  
Flag Southern Oregon...
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by burninghouse

i am on rooted stock 4.2.1 rom with m-kernel a-33(latest version) with TWRP recovery...i am going to install multi rom on my nexus 7.so do i also need to install this file named as Kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch 4.2???????

The m-kernel has been multirom compatible since a-19 or thereabouts so you dont need to flash another kernel if you wish. I use have used m-kernel, now motley #246 and plan to give omega-3 r4 a spin.
27th January 2013, 07:04 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
I have an issue with playing ultravilot from flixter due to root.

I plan to use Multirom to load a factory non-rooted image for my kid to play with when she wants to
watch flixter movies (they block rooted devices and hiding root has caused issues for me in the past)

Does anyone have any info they think I should (a noob) know before embarking upon this wonderful magical direction

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

NVM, it worked.. I just used the image from here in case anyone wants to do the same...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929270
27th January 2013, 08:53 PM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 219

More
Heres a question- I am prompted to update on the 4.1 I just installed and I have multiboot,,, Should I just ignore and keep this partition a stock 4.1?
27th January 2013, 09:38 PM |#1005  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 353

More
Re: [WiFi&3G] MultiROM v6
How do we wipe cache and dalvik when updating a secondary rom?
27th January 2013, 10:22 PM |#1006  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Donate to Me
More
If you know what you're doing, you can use File Manager in recovery to just delete content of the folders, or delete the folder and create it again (path is for example /sdcard/multirom/roms/*name of the rom*/cache).

When TWRP 2.4 comes out (soon), I will update the modified recovery and add the option to wipe data/dalvik-cache for secondary ROMs. I would also like to add option to move ROMs between internal memory and USB drive, but I don't think I'll have enough time to do that, maybe later.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
28th January 2013, 01:03 AM |#1007  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 41

More
I bought today the tablet and my first option is try with your multirom so i hope that i can do it without any issue tell you later
28th January 2013, 04:25 AM |#1008  
Flag San Antonio, Texas
Thanks Meter: 818

More
Worked really good. Had fun playing with it for a few hours. Keyboard sucks. I ended up plugging in a normal keyboard with my OTG. Could never get it to come up on screen when I needed it. I wish I could lower the resolution.

Installed cm 10 stable too so I have my normal 4.2 aokp, 4.1 cm and Ubuntu.

Ubuntu lags on here and I really thought it would run better considering the hardware. I'd like to do this on a Nexus 10. That would make up for the resolution and speed issues.
28th January 2013, 05:56 AM |#1009  
Flag Capital Federal
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottx .

Worked really good. Had fun playing with it for a few hours. Keyboard sucks. I ended up plugging in a normal keyboard with my OTG. Could never get it to come up on screen when I needed it. I wish I could lower the resolution.

Installed cm 10 stable too so I have my normal 4.2 aokp, 4.1 cm and Ubuntu.

Ubuntu lags on here and I really thought it would run better considering the hardware. I'd like to do this on a Nexus 10. That would make up for the resolution and speed issues.

Yup i got it too... So by now i'm using cm 10.1 and left ubuntu when my case with keyboard arrives
But is awesome the multirom option!! Great work!!
I'm sad because we won't get windows 8 for a try
28th January 2013, 06:38 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I have some troubles with multirom (i think)

After making dualbootu with android an ubuntu my tablet keeps restarting when i press the wake up button.

Is someone else having this problem ?
29th January 2013, 12:28 AM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razvanwin95

I have some troubles with multirom (i think)

After making dualbootu with android an ubuntu my tablet keeps restarting when i press the wake up button.

Is someone else having this problem ?

I can say I'm not. Have you tried deleting the secondary rom then doing a fresh install of multi ROM and trying again?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesbra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jamesbra Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)