818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,160

Post Reply Email Thread
26th November 2012, 08:09 AM |#101  
Flag Somewhere, Utah
Thanks Meter: 310

Donate to Me
More
Just installed MultiROM v2 and was able to successfully get a dual-boot setup going between stock Android 4.2 and Ubuntu. Followed the original post to the T, no problems whatsoever other than Ubuntu taking forever to boot for the first time :P

Thanks so much Tasssadar for providing such an easy to use system for multiboot on the Nexus 7! This is what xda is all about!

26th November 2012, 10:49 AM |#102  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 2,204

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerbb

Just installed MultiROM v2 and was able to successfully get a dual-boot setup going between stock Android 4.2 and Ubuntu. Followed the original post to the T, no problems whatsoever other than Ubuntu taking forever to boot for the first time :P

Thanks so much Tasssadar for providing such an easy to use system for multiboot on the Nexus 7! This is what xda is all about!

I agree completely! This is a very easy, not just dual-boot, but multiboot configuration to setup. A slick TWRP interface, which I was already using by the way. I also really like the secondary "bootloader" / ROM selection screen and the option to boot to recovery or bootloader is also a plus. Thanks again for this awesome multiboot hack.
26th November 2012, 11:15 AM |#103  
Flag cagliari
Thanks Meter: 176

More
confirmed working with stock rooted and ubuntu, no problems with install process
THIS IS AWESOME! ubuntu is still very slow, but works pretty good thank you OP!
26th November 2012, 11:25 AM |#104  
Flag Boynton, FL
Thanks Meter: 249

More
I install the recovery using my Mac and it say recovery was install successfully but when i boot into recovery and select advance there's no Multiboot . I was already using TWRP 2.3.2.3 on a 4.2 Rom .
26th November 2012, 11:29 AM |#105  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 656

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawonder

I install the recovery using my Mac and it say recovery was install successfully but when i boot into recovery and select advance there's no Multiboot . I was already using TWRP 2.3.2.3 on a 4.2 Rom .

I downloaded a cwm flash able zip and swapped the recovery.IMG files so I could just flash the recovery in recovery

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to IRX120 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift IRX120 Ad-Free
26th November 2012, 11:32 AM |#106  
Flag Boynton, FL
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRX120

I downloaded a cwm flash able zip and swapped the recovery.IMG files so I could just flash the recovery in recovery

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Could you post the cwm zip you used please . Thanks .
26th November 2012, 01:22 PM |#107  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafase282

Well, try having a 4.1.2 as the "internal" to see how it goes. I'm not sure as I only used it once but 4.2 moves everything on your sdcard into a folder and creates a new one for a new user so maybe that has something to do with it. On the 4.2 rom I have ( I dont't remember if I mentioned it, the raberrybean or somethign like that) the sdcard looks as it was on 4.1.2.

My internal is a 4.1.2. I'm familiar with the sdcard issues and they're a pain in the butt. I'm going to keep trying with the 4.1.2's. (I was successful with the Rasbean also.)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
26th November 2012, 03:11 PM |#108  
Flag Ostwestfalen
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

Oh, I forgot to repack ramdisk in that boot.img for ubuntu. Download http://www.mediafire.com/?jcriab6i35h7vci, flash it and install ubuntu again.

It works on the 3g model! Thank you for all your work Used the 8GB img btw.
26th November 2012, 03:18 PM |#109  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudi1

It works on the 3g model! Thank you for all your work Used the 8GB img btw.

That is good to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaws90

I agree completely! This is a very easy, not just dual-boot, but multiboot configuration to setup. A slick TWRP interface, which I was already using by the way. I also really like the secondary "bootloader" / ROM selection screen and the option to boot to recovery or bootloader is also a plus. Thanks again for this awesome multiboot hack.

Glad you like it. If you want to make me even happier, click the "Submit Thread as a News tip" link, I think MultiROM is good enough to be on the main page of XDA

PS: there is also the "donate to me" button, I like that one the best
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th November 2012, 03:35 PM |#110  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 326

Donate to Me
More
I was using the 16gb version. Do I have to re-copy the rootfs.img each time I want to install it or is that with v2 only the 8gb version works?
26th November 2012, 03:42 PM |#111  
Flag cagliari
Thanks Meter: 176

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafase282

I was using the 16gb version. Do I have to re-copy the rootfs.img each time I want to install it or is that with v2 only the 8gb version works?

I used the 16gb version, go for it
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)