[MOD][FEB 10] MultiROM v33

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2012, 11:26 PM |#11  
Flag Warwickshire
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is fantastic, works a treat here dual booting with latest PA/Trinity. Thanks very much for your work on this Tasssadar

25th November 2012, 12:07 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Angry
Time to do evil things... >
25th November 2012, 12:30 AM |#13  
Ventura
Thanks Meter: 393

More
How much space is given to ubuntu on a 16gb nexus and what is left for android? can these be adjusted?
25th November 2012, 01:11 AM |#14  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
Clean installation of ubuntu takes about 1.5gb, but you need at least 2-3gb of free space for the installation process.

All data are saved to /sdcard/multirom folder. It is not separated in any way from your normal data - it eats up from the same storage as for example your movies and music.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 01:14 AM |#15  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 2,204

More
I installed Multirom successfully, and used the boot screen and everything. I installed the ubuntu rootfs.img and it seems to be taking a long time on "Preparing the root file system, please wait, this will take a few minutes..." I had just under 2 GB free when I installed it, is that enough, used the Nexus 7 16 GB image.

EDIT: I just saw the post above, where are you getting you need 2-3 GB to install? I think Im going on 10 minutes...I may reboot to Internal(Android 4.2 AOKP) to free some storage space, delete a game or something, and start over installing Ubuntu.

EDIT 2: You a long list of No space left on device messages for a list of files, gotta start over.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlaws90 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mlaws90 Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 01:19 AM |#16  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
It takes a while to install ubuntu, it extracts about 600mb archive, that means you need the space for archive itself and the extracted data (archive is erased at the end of the process). I say 3gb of free space just to be sure.

If it fails because it does not have enough space (you will notice the spam of "no space left" messages), just reboot to your internal ROM, then reboot to recovery, delete the ROM and try again with more free space.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
25th November 2012, 02:04 AM |#17  
Flag AZ
Thanks Meter: 165

Donate to Me
More
My understanding of Ubuntu is that it can run microsoft office through the use of a virtual machine, does this support the use of a virtual machine?
25th November 2012, 03:27 AM |#18  
Flag Caracas
Thanks Meter: 3

More
My friend, you rules!, you´re the boss!, the big cheese, Big Kahuna!, etc, etc, etc.

Since I heard about Ubuntu for N7, I've been looking for a solution like that for I have both distro in my tablet. Now, thank to you, that is possible!.

Thank you for sharing, keep walking!!.

Cheers!,

P.S.: Btw, works terrific with my 4.2 rooted stock ROM in my 8GB N7
25th November 2012, 03:41 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 1,703

More
Stupid question...I clicked on the Ubuntu link and tried to download the 8gb Nexus image but it doesn't download. It opens it up. No download. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
25th November 2012, 03:46 AM |#20  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 2,204

More
I got it working with AOKP 4.2 and Ubuntu, and I'm going to add PA Beta 3 once it gets re-uploaded. 2 android ROMs and Ubuntu! Awesome!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
25th November 2012, 04:37 AM |#21  
Flag Long Beach, CA area
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Ok I'm going to be a newbie here...

Doing the first 2 steps will completely wipe the device?
Or are you able to keep the rom and kernel you are already running?

Sent from Keone's Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)