Thanks Meter: 6,160

Post Reply Email Thread
23rd December 2012, 09:21 PM |#501  
Flag Boynton, FL
Thanks Meter: 249

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel1699

They are, but the nexus 7 cant supply the power it needs. A pc will, but the n7 just doesnt have the output.

Skyrocket on AOKP by R4ins

I was about to get a "Seagate Slim 500GB USB 3.0 Portable Drive" how would i get some power to this ? . It's a bit smaller than yours

23rd December 2012, 11:34 PM |#502  
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 1,458

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawonder

I was about to get a "Seagate Slim 500GB USB 3.0 Portable Drive" how would i get some power to this ? . It's a bit smaller than yours

I had a 5 volt wall adapter, and spliced it into the power wires of the usb cord. I do not recommend it unless your confident in wiring and soldering. Other than that, I dont know how else to supply it with power. Wish I could be of more help, but the options are very limited on hdd that does not already have an existing power supply.

24th December 2012, 01:14 AM |#503  
Flag Boynton, FL

More
Quote:

I had a 5 volt wall adapter, and spliced it into the power wires of the usb cord. I do not recommend it unless your confident in wiring and soldering. Other than that, I dont know how else to supply it with power. Wish I could be of more help, but the options are very limited on hdd that does not already have an existing power supply.

I think i'll try and find a technician to do it for me
24th December 2012, 03:18 AM |#504  
Flag Boynton, FL

More
Hey "rebel1699" sorry to bother you bro but can this cable work to plug into a power source and the nexus 7 ? :-

(1) http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-U...pr_product_top

(2)http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Micro..._sim_sbs_cps_1

I bought the "Seagate Slim portable 500GB USB 3.0" which has the connect as in number (2)
24th December 2012, 09:26 AM |#505  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 219

More
I am still using ubuntu 12 as second rom so can someone tell me is bluetooth mouse working in ubuntu 13

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
24th December 2012, 09:57 AM |#506  
Flag Jeonju
Thanks Meter: 373

More
Hi! I need some help!
I installed Multirom v3 and Ubuntu 13.04 through TWRP.
The installation took an hour to complete(which is weird), and it stops while botting with something like <initfams>(not sure about the name) on the last line of the screen.
Could anyone tell me what to do now?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
24th December 2012, 10:33 AM |#507  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawonder

Hey "rebel1699" sorry to bother you bro but can this cable work to plug into a power source and the nexus 7 ? :-

(1) http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-U...pr_product_top

(2)http://www.amazon.com/eForCity-Micro..._sim_sbs_cps_1

I bought the "Seagate Slim portable 500GB USB 3.0" which has the connect as in number (2)

Yes, it should work. Just plug the second usb end into a 5 volt ac adapter and youll be good to go.

The Following User Says Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebel1699 Ad-Free
24th December 2012, 11:04 AM |#508  
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Mods, please remove this post as I can't figure out how to do it myself :P
24th December 2012, 11:52 AM |#509  
Flag Oklahoma

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarari2

Hi! I need some help!
I installed Multirom v3 and Ubuntu 13.04 through TWRP.
The installation took an hour to complete(which is weird), and it stops while botting with something like <initfams>(not sure about the name) on the last line of the screen.
Could anyone tell me what to do now?

Did you flash the appropriate kernel supplied in the op? Looks like it is an init issue from not having the correct kernel. If so, then open recovery and go to advanced-multirom-list roms- click on "userdata" and rthen click re inject init. Reboot and try booting ubuntu again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to rebel1699 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rebel1699 Ad-Free
24th December 2012, 12:10 PM |#510  
Flag Boynton, FL

More
Quote:

Yes, it should work. Just plug the second usb end into a 5 volt ac adapter and youll be good to go.

Nice !! , i ordered it , MultiRom and my Nexus 7 are gonna be very good friends .
24th December 2012, 01:41 PM |#511  
Flag Jeonju
Thanks Meter: 373

More
Quote:

Did you flash the appropriate kernel supplied in the op? Looks like it is an init issue from not having the correct kernel. If so, then open recovery and go to advanced-multirom-list roms- click on "userdata" and rthen click re inject init. Reboot and try booting ubuntu again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Thanks for the reply!
I did what you tell me to do,but it didn't work
Please tell me if there's something wrong.
I flashed kexec-hardboot patched cm10.1 kernel and pressed "inject curr. boot sector" and "re-patch init" button. But Ubuntu shows me that some roots don't exist, and init doesn't exist. And it stops with the line "<initramfs>".
Should I delete and install Ubuntu again?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dualboot, multiboot, multirom, ubuntu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)