FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][4.1+][V5.4] Open Mic+ for Google Now

272 posts
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Post Reply Email Thread
12th October 2013, 08:15 PM |#101  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Any chance of getting it to recognize a command to dismiss an alarm? For example, if I use Alarm Clock Extreme: I would say "Okay, Google", and then "Set Alarm for 15 minutes". It does it. When the alarm goes off, I'd love to be able to say a command to stop the alarm. Maybe you can consider it. Thanks in advance if so!
 
 
12th October 2013, 08:27 PM |#102  
RSenG2x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgace

Hello,

Thnx for this amazing cool app!

Found two problems when using it though:
1- after installing and starting service lockscreen sounds dont work anymore.
2- after using it one time while phone was in deepsleep it doesnt work for no more and the locksounds are back.

Using nexus4 with PA rom and latest apk.

Hope u got the time to look into it.


Thnx and cheers

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

It's not that they don't work it's just that I have to mute them otherwise you get an annoying beep when you turn on your phone. Question do you have screen off listening enabled? Also when you say deepsleep do you just mean you pressed the power button to turn the screen off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystik1

Any chance of getting it to recognize a command to dismiss an alarm? For example, if I use Alarm Clock Extreme: I would say "Okay, Google", and then "Set Alarm for 15 minutes". It does it. When the alarm goes off, I'd love to be able to say a command to stop the alarm. Maybe you can consider it. Thanks in advance if so!

Sounds cool, but it's more of a question of how would I interface with the alarm clock. Right now they have set it up to listen for the Google Now command of setting alarms, but not to dismiss it. I would email the developer asking for it to be integrated into Tasker, this would allow you to dismiss an alarm using a Open Mic+ Tasker command.
The Following User Says Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
12th October 2013, 08:31 PM |#103  
Sgace's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 127
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

It's not that they don't work it's just that I have to mute them otherwise you get an annoying beep when you turn on your phone. Question do you have screen off listening enabled? Also when you say deepsleep do you just mean you pressed the power button to turn the screen off?

Ah, ok got ur first point.
To answer your question, yes got that enabled and yes pressed powerbutton to turn of screen and then leave it for a while.



Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app
12th October 2013, 10:12 PM |#104  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
I've had the same issue in every version of the app. When the screen is off and I say "okay Google" it wakes up the screen but does not unlock the phone. I have to slide to unlock and then the voice search begins as normal. If I disable the lock screen it works fine, but this really isn't an option for me. Any ideas?
12th October 2013, 10:14 PM |#105  
RSenG2x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik71990

I've had the same issue in every version of the app. When the screen is off and I say "okay Google" it wakes up the screen but does not unlock the phone. I have to slide to unlock and then the voice search begins as normal. If I disable the lock screen it works fine, but this really isn't an option for me. Any ideas?

As of the latest version, the design is that instead of unlocking the lockscreen (security implications) the lockscreen stays up, but behind it you should hear Google Now starting to listen. If you ask a question that results in a spoken response like "What's the weather" it will speak it from behind the lockscreen. You will still need to unlock the screen otherwise. Are you sure that this isn't the case? Try asking a question once the screen turns on and see what happens... If this still is not happening, what device, rom, and kernel?
12th October 2013, 11:11 PM |#106  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

As of the latest version, the design is that instead of unlocking the lockscreen (security implications) the lockscreen stays up, but behind it you should hear Google Now starting to listen. If you ask a question that results in a spoken response like "What's the weather" it will speak it from behind the lockscreen. You will still need to unlock the screen otherwise. Are you sure that this isn't the case? Try asking a question once the screen turns on and see what happens... If this still is not happening, what device, rom, and kernel?

This makes sense and it seems to work like this sometimes but other times it makes a different noise and will not work. On the latest version I've also noticed that the "okay google" phrase seems to work the first time but each subsequent try will not work whether the screen is on or off.
Also, sometimes the app turns off the system volume and won't allow the system volume to be turned back up or changed at all. Even turning off open mic does not return the system volume back to normal. Only rebooting the device fixes it.
Thank you for your work - I love the concept of this app.

Device: Verizon galaxy s4
ROM: eclipse v2.0
Kernel: stock
13th October 2013, 12:25 AM |#107  
RSenG2x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik71990

This makes sense and it seems to work like this sometimes but other times it makes a different noise and will not work. On the latest version I've also noticed that the "okay google" phrase seems to work the first time but each subsequent try will not work whether the screen is on or off.
Also, sometimes the app turns off the system volume and won't allow the system volume to be turned back up or changed at all. Even turning off open mic does not return the system volume back to normal. Only rebooting the device fixes it.
Thank you for your work - I love the concept of this app.

Device: Verizon galaxy s4
ROM: eclipse v2.0
Kernel: stock

Can you please send me the log right after you notice this? Thanks
13th October 2013, 12:26 AM |#108  
RSenG2x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Donate to Me
More
Ok the app has just undergone a complete ui overhaul, not going to lie, it's pretty sweet It's based off of +Adriano Loiacono design (shown below). Anyways it is almost done and should be ready soon... I'm also hoping to get the app translated into a few languages. Please email me if you are bilingual, the process is pretty simple, I've uploaded the text onto Google Translator Toolkit so all you have to do is edit the machine translations.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
14th October 2013, 03:15 AM |#109  
RSenG2x's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516
 
Donate to Me
More
Angry Open Mic+ 3.0 Phoenix Beta


Introducing Open Mic+ 3.0 Phoenix. Weighing in at a download of exactly 666kb, Open Mic+ is rising from the ashes and making it's way back onto the Play Store. The plan is for the official release to be next Saturday, but you can grab the beta now from Google Play and the app will automatically update once it is released. To download the beta you must first join the Open Mic+ Community and then follow the link posted in the community. Note: If you do not join the community the link will result in a 404.

Anyways here is what is new in the beta!
- UI refresh (Thanks to Adriano Loiacono)
- Translation into Spanish (Thanks to Paulo Calvo and David Margolin) Note: We are still looking for translators!
- Option to turn off English speech recognition optimizations for users using foreign hot phrases, this will improve reliability
- Major bug fix where wave activation would continue after stopping
- Improvements to algorithm of wave activation and working behind lock screen

https://plus.google.com/communities/...43521142013060
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
15th October 2013, 07:28 PM |#110  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

Can you please send me the log right after you notice this? Thanks

Was going to send you a log but then I saw the new version and signed up to be a tester. The new version seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks! Awesome work!
The Following User Says Thank You to nik71990 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nik71990 Ad-Free
15th October 2013, 08:12 PM |#111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 703
 
More
Can't wait for this to be in the Play Store. Great Job!
The Following User Says Thank You to ingenious247 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ingenious247 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google now, open mic, open mic+, touchless controls

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes