Donate to Me
More
Wow google will kick your ass

Thanks for this app,I'll give a try

20th September 2013, 04:25 PM |#12  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5

More
When I have it enabled, it beeps randomly in the background all day long, without being actually "activated" or popping up with the Google Now interface.
This is with the hotword detection on, but with swipe-to-activate OFF
21st September 2013, 01:26 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shemantis

When I have it enabled, it beeps randomly in the background all day long, without being actually "activated" or popping up with the Google Now interface.
This is with the hotword detection on, but with swipe-to-activate OFF

Thanks, this issue is because Google speech recognition doesn't natively support continuous recognition. I have to start it every few seconds. As there is no way to turn off the beep sound, I have to use a dirty hack of silencing the system audio and turning it back on. Sometimes the timing is off and the beep gets through anyways. This problem and many more will go away once I implement my own speech recognition
21st September 2013, 03:13 AM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Website updated with real-time download counter. (I know should be working on updates, but I'm really new to doing low-level sound processing so I needed a break) We're at 46,812, let's try to get that # over 50,000!
21st September 2013, 03:51 AM |#15  
Flag Wonosobo
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Tried this on moto razr jb 4.1.2. It works but if the screen of option is turned on, sometimes I cant get my screen on and has to reboot.

Sent from my XT910
21st September 2013, 04:07 AM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Looks great, downloading and try it
Looks great, downloading and try it
21st September 2013, 05:13 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonshouter

Tried this on moto razr jb 4.1.2. It works but if the screen of option is turned on, sometimes I cant get my screen on and has to reboot.

Sent from my XT910

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure that any issue like that is an issue with the kernel and not with the app. I'm pretty sure an app doesn't have the ability to cause a problem that big (unless it's a root app). Is your phone rooted? If so what kernel?
TheParadox
21st September 2013, 07:16 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Good idea, didn't seem to work on my Samsung Galaxy 3 AT&T with MIUI. (Yes I enabled the screen off options and such ) No worries though I don't plan on needing/using this I need every little bit of battery I can savor haha.
21st September 2013, 10:21 AM |#19  
Flag Wonosobo
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. But I'm pretty sure that any issue like that is an issue with the kernel and not with the app. I'm pretty sure an app doesn't have the ability to cause a problem that big (unless it's a root app). Is your phone rooted? If so what kernel?

Yes I understand that. my phone is rooted, its stock rom and stock kernel...doesnt have any mods in kernel. Never had such issue before and 5 minutes after enabling the screen off option it stuck...I cant turned it on. Maybe I should give it one more shot and report back...
21st September 2013, 03:41 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

Website updated with real-time download counter. (I know should be working on updates, but I'm really new to doing low-level sound processing so I needed a break) We're at 46,812, let's try to get that # over 50,000!

Hey Rsen nice to finally to see you here.
The Following User Says Thank You to schuylkillparanormal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schuylkillparanormal Ad-Free
21st September 2013, 04:48 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParadox

Good idea, didn't seem to work on my Samsung Galaxy 3 AT&T with MIUI. (Yes I enabled the screen off options and such ) No worries though I don't plan on needing/using this I need every little bit of battery I can savor haha.

Haha that's fair. I recommend you follow the g+page though so you'll know if I update to conserve battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonshouter

Yes I understand that. my phone is rooted, its stock rom and stock kernel...doesnt have any mods in kernel. Never had such issue before and 5 minutes after enabling the screen off option it stuck...I cant turned it on. Maybe I should give it one more shot and report back...

So I think the issue is that the kernel can't handle the speech recognition with the screen off. And from what I understand, stock kernels are usually not the best choice... Good luck though, keep me updated on what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google now, open mic, open mic+, touchless controls

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)