21st September 2013, 04:48 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheParadox

Good idea, didn't seem to work on my Samsung Galaxy 3 AT&T with MIUI. (Yes I enabled the screen off options and such ) No worries though I don't plan on needing/using this I need every little bit of battery I can savor haha.

Haha that's fair. I recommend you follow the g+page though so you'll know if I update to conserve battery life

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonshouter

Yes I understand that. my phone is rooted, its stock rom and stock kernel...doesnt have any mods in kernel. Never had such issue before and 5 minutes after enabling the screen off option it stuck...I cant turned it on. Maybe I should give it one more shot and report back...

So I think the issue is that the kernel can't handle the speech recognition with the screen off. And from what I understand, stock kernels are usually not the best choice... Good luck though, keep me updated on what happens.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

24th September 2013, 06:17 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSenG2x

Haha that's fair. I recommend yoactive ow the g+page though so you'll know if I update to conserve battery life

So I think the issue is that the kernel can't handle the speech recognition with the screen off. And from what I understand, stock kernels are usually not the best choice... Good luck though, keep me updated on what happens.

Just curious is touchless controls open source? I know active display just came available on aosp. I really dont understand why google would pull your app other than Google is working on touch less control but make active display open souce.
24th September 2013, 10:22 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylkillparanormal

Just curious is touchless controls open source? I know active display just came available on aosp. I really dont understand why google would pull your app other than Google is working on touch less control but make active display open souce.

That's what I've heard from some sources... It's kind of an Apple move though...
24th September 2013, 11:01 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

That's what I've heard from some sources... It's kind of an Apple move though...

Nah apple would of followed up with a seize and assest letter from there crooked lawyers.
The Following User Says Thank You to schuylkillparanormal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift schuylkillparanormal Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 06:19 AM |#25  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 39

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ok I dont mean to sound like a tight-ass or a stickler, but c'mon! Before i comment, i just want to say your a great dev for creating this app and becoming the most known app for implementing similar functionality to the Motorola feature. I'm copy-pasting this from your G+ page (Mods/OP if i am offending you or the rules please feel free to delete this post):

You stated that Google initially sent you this:
Quote:

REASON FOR REMOVAL: Violation of section 4.3 of the Developer Distribution Agreement.

You agree that if you use the Market to distribute Products, you will protect the privacy and legal rights of users. If the users provide you with, or your Product accesses or uses, user names, passwords, or other login information or personal information, you must make the users aware that the information will be available to your Product, and you must provide legally adequate privacy notice and protection for those users.

...and my comment was this:

Quote:

Correct me if I am wrong but, the initial reasoning seems to be related to the way your app handles personal info. Your app is making use of a Google service (Google Now) and is possibly aiding in accessing personal data, which may mean you have a permissions issue or just a "be clear about what data you access" issue (it may be that you don't even know what data specifically your happening to access with your app). Just judging from what i see here, you have failed to even address the issue brought to your attention before assuming Google is just trying to stop you with a personal motive. Your app isn't the only app trying to mimic this functionality, although yours does it well (it really does) the rest remain in Google Play. I think you should try and find the root problem, fix it and see if Google will let you publish with the same package name again.

I wasn't sure if you were going to get this on G+ so i thought I'd post it here once to get it to you (No spam intended), i just hate when devs give backlash and not at least try to solve the issue brought to their attention first... it could be this or I am just totally missing something.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustSayTech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JustSayTech Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 07:21 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSayTech

Ok I dont mean to sound like a tight-ass or a stickler, but c'mon! Before i comment, i just want to say your a great dev for creating this app and becoming the most known app for implementing similar functionality to the Motorola feature. I'm copy-pasting this from your G+ page (Mods/OP if i am offending you or the rules please feel free to delete this post):

You stated that Google initially sent you this:

...and my comment was this:

I wasn't sure if you were going to get this on G+ so i thought I'd post it here once to get it to you (No spam intended), i just hate when devs give backlash and not at least try to solve the issue brought to their attention first... it could be this or I am just totally missing something.

I'm just going to paste my reply from g+, I am in no way offended, I enjoy the help as I am pretty clueless when it comes to these legal issues:
Quote:

+Jamar Forsythe Thanks for the thought, the issue is that even if it is a privacy policy or permission issue, they gave me absolutely no warning and then state in their email that they can't respond to any follow up emails. So I'm not trying to say that it is personal, but instead am just pissed that I can't do anything without jeopardizing my whole dev account. If Google was really interested in the welfare of their users, wouldn't they have told me specifically what the problem is or allow for follow-up questions?

30th September 2013, 05:36 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2x

I'm just going to paste my reply from g+, I am in no way offended, I enjoy the help as I am pretty clueless when it comes to these legal issues:

I think were all missing the point here. google is an mutibillion dollar company they'll do what they please, they got the money lawyers and connections to do so. In all honestly there the last ppl on earth that should talking about privacy but we all know the saying money walks all bull talks.

Finally they don't have touchless control on the market for nothing we all knoww it will be available to 4.1 users and up sometime in the future either as an separate app or by the talks of it maybe a part of Google search which would make sense to steer ppl into geting a newer device. But motox is still young give it some time. Its all about the money and there protecting there investment.
30th September 2013, 07:19 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylkillparanormal

I think were all missing the point here. google is an mutibillion dollar company they'll do what they please, they got the money lawyers and connections to do so. In all honestly there the last ppl on earth that should talking about privacy but we all know the saying money walks all bull talks.

Finally they don't have touchless control on the market for nothing we all knoww it will be available to 4.1 users and up sometime in the future either as an separate app or by the talks of it maybe a part of Google search which would make sense to steer ppl into geting a newer device. But motox is still young give it some time. Its all about the money and there protecting there investment.

They might have a good motive, I'm just saying it's not fair for me Anyways the plan is after I change the speech recognition, I"ll re-release in Google Play with a heavy privacy policy. This means they have no reason to complain about privacy as I can't even interpret what the user is saying with the new speech recognition.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
30th September 2013, 08:10 PM |#29  

More
Quote:

They might have a good motive, I'm just saying it's not fair for me Anyways the plan is after I change the speech recognition, I"ll re-release in Google Play with a heavy privacy policy. This means they have no reason to complain about privacy as I can't even interpret what the user is saying with the new speech recognition.

Life aint fair. I think the speak recognition would set apart you and google and long as the app doesnt depend on search or there products theres no need for a disclaimer. The whole battle is over your app triggering search without a disclaimer. Even though search is there product your app triggers it and makes it your problem legally.
3rd October 2013, 04:39 AM |#30  
Flag Lake Worth, FL
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Am I the only one who noticed the change log in the new Google search update?

Okay Google is now a keyword to begin a voice search.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4
3rd October 2013, 05:20 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flvinny521

Am I the only one who noticed the change log in the new Google search update?

Okay Google is now a keyword to begin a voice search.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

That only works if you are on the home screen of Google now which completely defeats the purpose of it. This means you still have to touch the phone and have to go back to the home screen after asking each question. Open mic runs for as long as you want it to.

The Following User Says Thank You to RSenG2x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift RSenG2x Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google now, open mic, open mic+, touchless controls

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)