Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
17th October 2013, 06:49 AM |#101  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 149

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL2000EX

Sorry I want to install this mod and I have a couple of nooby questions.

Will my primary rom's Data partition be wiped when adding a secondary ROM?

Will the secondary Roms be able to read data from primary rom's storage, so apps would be able to use their data ?

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No your primary data partition will not be wiped, and they can't read data from a other room because the system partition is not shared. But you can seed pictures from other roms because data partition is shared. Please correct me if I am wrong because I am pretty new to this mod myself!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to silvan g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift silvan g Ad-Free

17th October 2013, 07:43 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

New recovery was released. It automatically injects boot sector with MultiROM after flashing a ZIP file or using adb sideload. That means you don't have to click "Inject boot sector" every time you install different kernel, it does it for you. It can be turned off on "Confirm flashing" and "adb sideload" pages in recovery.

http://d-h.st/Vjo

Not right now, but I will probably make flashable ZIPs with stock, unmodified 4.4 once it is out, same as I always make ZIPs with stock Androids for grouper.

Thanks! Just went back to Stock Rom an reinstalled MultiRom to use Firefox OS....now waiting for 4.4, Ubuntu Touch and OmniRom
17th October 2013, 08:34 AM |#103  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 7,368

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by borxnx

Have you enabled adb+apps in development settings? And is your secondary ROM OmniROM?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks for your reply, yes it's OmniRom, so I can't enable adb+apps in dev settings. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th October 2013, 08:39 AM |#104  
Flag somewhere in the mountains of north carolina
Thanks Meter: 288

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather

Thanks for your reply, yes it's OmniRom, so I can't enable adb+apps in dev settings. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

OmniRom does not have an effective root method yet. Check out the forum. Some say you can do it after you flash a particular kernel, others say that's a load of bull.

Either way, it's the ROM, not the mod.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
The Following User Says Thank You to borxnx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift borxnx Ad-Free
17th October 2013, 09:04 AM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvan g

No your primary data partition will not be wiped, and they can't read data from a other room because the system partition is not shared. But you can seed pictures from other roms because data partition is shared. Please correct me if I am wrong because I am pretty new to this mod myself!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yup, I meant is Data being shared between Roms, thank you

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
18th October 2013, 04:56 PM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

New recovery was released. It automatically injects boot sector with MultiROM after flashing a ZIP file or using adb sideload. That means you don't have to click "Inject boot sector" every time you install different kernel, it does it for you. It can be turned off on "Confirm flashing" and "adb sideload" pages in recovery.

http://d-h.st/Vjo

That's great news!
For those using previous versions of MultiROM to upgrade to the new version- do we just "download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery"?

Thanks!
19th October 2013, 10:20 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdroyd

That's great news!
For those using previous versions of MultiROM to upgrade to the new version- do we just "download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery"?

Thanks!

Yes, but that's for doing a MultiROM update (for example v16->v16a). What you would need to to is update the recovery (using fastboot or Flashify) to get the auto-injection...

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to flash5000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flash5000 Ad-Free
19th October 2013, 03:42 PM |#108  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5000

Yes, but that's for doing a MultiROM update (for example v16->v16a). What you would need to to is update the recovery (using fastboot or Flashify) to get the auto-injection...

Ok, got it!
So it would be like this:

To get the new recovery utility installed....
From CMD prompt(in ADB-Tools directory):
"fastboot flash recovery TWRP_multirom_flo_20131016.img"

Then I can go ahead and flash the new MiultiROM zip from within the new recovery utility after reboot?
20th October 2013, 03:50 PM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdroyd

Ok, got it!
So it would be like this:

To get the new recovery utility installed....
From CMD prompt(in ADB-Tools directory):
"fastboot flash recovery TWRP_multirom_flo_20131016.img"

Then I can go ahead and flash the new MiultiROM zip from within the new recovery utility after reboot?

Yes, exactly.

21st October 2013, 06:26 PM |#110  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash5000

Yes, exactly.

All went well, wanted to go back to stock kernel for a bit to see if that was the problem with the QI charging not working on my 32GB N7.

FWIW- the Franco kernel wasn't preventing the QI charging from working- there was a physical problem w/my N7 which I was able to repair.
23rd October 2013, 04:37 AM |#111  
Flag The Land of Coffee
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Fix SuperSU for secondary ROMs?
Today I recognized the phrase "Fix SuperSU for secondary ROMs" added to thread title, but I've never seen any problem with SuperSU for secondary ROMs in this thread. So what is it exactly?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)