30th March 2017, 03:27 PM |#1421  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Beirut
Thanks Meter: 7,085

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I already did that... (though I have no idea if they work)

That version may not work for encryption, just FYI everyone. (builds after March 5, and before March 26)
The Following User Says Thank You to nkk71 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

14th April 2017, 08:32 AM |#1422  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback

I already did that... (though I have no idea if they work)

With this version I cannot flash zip to secondary ROM (it is LOS 14.1) or better all seems to go fine and without errors, but after booting into system nothing has flashed in reality. Any solutions?
6th May 2017, 05:56 AM |#1423  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Where can I found deb-version of Captain_Throwback's MultiROM recovery? I can't install deb-ROM because of error ("This ROM is for deb, your device is flo")
6th May 2017, 06:12 AM |#1424  
SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2534alex

Where can I found deb-version of Captain_Throwback's MultiROM recovery?

Did you search?
6th May 2017, 08:45 AM |#1425  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewski_1

Did you search?

Yes, of course. But I've founded only this
14th May 2017, 11:33 AM |#1426  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Did anyone manage to solve the Ubuntu Touch not booting issue ?

Edit - Downgraded to the old Captain Throwback version 20160505 and seems to be booting Ubuntu OK with stock 6.0 rom as primary with Glitch Kernel. Just need to check what other things I have broken on the way !

Edit 2 - Looks like I have to switch between old and new Multirom to get 7.0+ roms booting. Extra step but at least I have Ubuntu back !
The Following User Says Thank You to jpearn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jpearn Ad-Free
10th June 2017, 01:00 AM |#1427  
Flag Dayton, OH
Thanks Meter: 122

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpearn

Did anyone manage to solve the Ubuntu Touch not booting issue ?

Edit - Downgraded to the old Captain Throwback version 20160505 and seems to be booting Ubuntu OK with stock 6.0 rom as primary with Glitch Kernel. Just need to check what other things I have broken on the way !

Edit 2 - Looks like I have to switch between old and new Multirom to get 7.0+ roms booting. Extra step but at least I have Ubuntu back !

Can you please explain how to do this?
10th June 2017, 06:00 PM |#1428  
Newquay, UK
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival

Can you please explain how to do this?

Have both sets of Multirom old and latest downloaded / in a folder so you can boot to recovery, flash the recovery and corresponding zip file for the ROM you want to boot. I have 6.0 factory as my primary ROM so it will boot when either is installed; flash the latest Multirom set to boot 7.0+ roms, flash the old version to get Ubuntu back.
11th July 2017, 09:34 PM |#1429  

More
faulty eMMC
It seems my internal mmc card go bad. Booting system stucks on Google logo but I still able to boot into bootloader and recovery. In TWRP mount /system /data and /cache failed with error (Invalid argument) and dmesg shows multiple errors: mmcblk0: error -110. So I tried Multirom for booting system from USB-OTG flash memory. But when I "fastboot flash recovery TWRP_multirom_flo_20160210.img" and reboot into recovery it stucks on Google logo. If i do "fastboot boot TWRP_multirom_flo_20160210.img" it stucks on "MiltiROM TWRP v.3.0.0-0" logo. I think thats because of accessing to the internal storage. Can this somehow be overcome on a tablet with faulty eMMC? I mean, there shouldn't be any read/write operations from/to internal storage neither in installation zip nor in Multirom TWRP. They must be replaced by operations with USB-OTG flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)