Win an Honor 7X!

[MOD][FEB 10] MultiROM v33

818 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2013, 02:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Abount the kernel, should i flash both modified kernels if i want to set a stock rom for the primary and cm10 for the sec?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

25th September 2013, 03:19 AM |#12  
Flag The Land of Coffee
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Dear @Tasssadar.
Thanks for your efforts to the community. As you know, ElementalX kernel supports other roms rather than only stock. So my question is: can we run the first stock rom with patched kernel and second roms with ElementalX (roms don't share kernels)?

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk 4
25th September 2013, 04:06 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
One more question, how to flash a third-part kernel for the second rom?

25th September 2013, 04:46 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GialanG

Dear @Tasssadar.
Thanks for your efforts to the community. As you know, ElementalX kernel supports other roms rather than only stock. So my question is: can we run the first stock rom with patched kernel and second roms with ElementalX (roms don't share kernels)?

Sent from my Lenovo P770 using Tapatalk 4

That is exactly how I am running it and all works fine.

Tasssadar - It looks as if it is running fine, I missed this so much when I moved over to DEB and now it is here woohoo!

I have noticed one thing though whenever I flash from my external flash drive it unmounts the usb-otg device after each flash. Have to go in and mount it back between rom, gapps and kernel flashes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rifraf1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rifraf1 Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 05:18 AM |#15  
Flag The Land of Coffee
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumumusuc

One more question, how to flash a third-part kernel for the second rom?

Go to Advanced -> MultiRom, select your rom and you will see flash option there.
The Following User Says Thank You to GialanG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GialanG Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 05:21 AM |#16  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I saw Bodhi Linux and Ubuntu in the screenshot, how do we install them? Does it accept .ISO and boot as Live CD? How is the hardware detection such as touch screen, etc, all recognized and working? Thanks.
25th September 2013, 08:12 AM |#17  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdn

In addition to this, what about files like docs, pics, etc? How is space alloted per rom? Is it adjustable after install?

Never tried this with my original N7 but I think I'll be trying it on the new one.

/sdcard is shared between ROMs, so pictures, movies and such on there are shared. The space isn't really allocated - all roms are stored in /sdcard/multirom/roms (not accessible from Android, if you want to look in there, go to recovery). That means it eats up from the free space you can see in Settings -> Storage in Android.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumumusuc

Abount the kernel, should i flash both modified kernels if i want to set a stock rom for the primary and cm10 for the sec?

No, only the aosp one for primary ROM. Secondary ROMs don't require patched kernel (which is actually an improvement over grouper's version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf1

Tasssadar - It looks as if it is running fine, I missed this so much when I moved over to DEB and now it is here woohoo!

I have noticed one thing though whenever I flash from my external flash drive it unmounts the usb-otg device after each flash. Have to go in and mount it back between rom, gapps and kernel flashes.

Okay, fixed, but it's going to be in next release of the recovery (this is not really a big bug).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibranze

I saw Bodhi Linux and Ubuntu in the screenshot, how do we install them? Does it accept .ISO and boot as Live CD? How is the hardware detection such as touch screen, etc, all recognized and working? Thanks.

Those screenshots are from old N7, because the GUI looks exactly the same and I'm lazy. You can't install bohdi or ubunut, because, well, the drivers for flo's hardware aren't there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 08:42 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
I tried to flash the multirom zip in recovery but when I reboot I get in a bootloop at the Google logo

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
25th September 2013, 08:55 AM |#19  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanxx1

I tried to flash the multirom zip in recovery but when I reboot I get in a bootloop at the Google logo

Which kernel and rom are you using? Can you get me a log? Get it to bootloop, then use pwr+volume down to enter bootloader, select recovery mode using volume buttons and pres power. When in recovery, the log is /proc/last_kmsg, you can use adb pull /proc/last_kmsg to get it. Put it on pastebin or something and show it to me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 09:18 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can I use Multirom with my Deb, with a patched kernel?
25th September 2013, 09:46 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Awesome! Can't wait to test it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf1

So does it work with DEB?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)