Thanks Meter: 6,156

Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2013, 08:46 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Awesome! Can't wait to test it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifraf1

That is exactly how I am running it and all works fine.

Tasssadar - It looks as if it is running fine, I missed this so much when I moved over to DEB and now it is here woohoo!

I have noticed one thing though whenever I flash from my external flash drive it unmounts the usb-otg device after each flash. Have to go in and mount it back between rom, gapps and kernel flashes.

So does it work with DEB?

25th September 2013, 02:15 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyd

Awesome! Can't wait to test it

So does it work with DEB?

So far so good, been running it on my DEB since it came out yesterday without any issues.

Yes it works on DEB.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rifraf1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rifraf1 Ad-Free
25th September 2013, 02:38 PM |#23  
Flag PJS
Thanks Meter: 39

More
I can't wait to try this out later, my workday ends at 6:15 I will be flashing this at 6:16 haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
25th September 2013, 06:52 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasssadar

Which kernel and rom are you using? Can you get me a log? Get it to bootloop, then use pwr+volume down to enter bootloader, select recovery mode using volume buttons and pres power. When in recovery, the log is /proc/last_kmsg, you can use adb pull /proc/last_kmsg to get it. Put it on pastebin or something and show it to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

sorry if i havent answered you earlier, by the time you answered me on the problem i flashed my rom again so the stock pa kernel is on now.
I tried with vanir rom also and same thing , after i flash the multirom zip i cant pass the google logo, and it bootloop and google logo again.
At first i tried with flashify and i was think it was the app that was giving me bootloop after flashing the zip, so i uninstalled flashify but same thimg manually.
Sorry for the log, but i searched in the twrp menu and couldnt find how to get the log.
25th September 2013, 07:15 PM |#25  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 908

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanxx1

sorry if i havent answered you earlier, by the time you answered me on the problem i flashed my rom again so the stock pa kernel is on now.
I tried with vanir rom also and same thing , after i flash the multirom zip i cant pass the google logo, and it bootloop and google logo again.
At first i tried with flashify and i was think it was the app that was giving me bootloop after flashing the zip, so i uninstalled flashify but same thimg manually.
Sorry for the log, but i searched in the twrp menu and couldnt find how to get the log.

You need to flash the modified kernel after you flash the multirom zip. Then it will boot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app
25th September 2013, 07:27 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 318

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoman

You need to flash the modified kernel after you flash the multirom zip. Then it will boot.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Premium HD app

Will try that thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
25th September 2013, 09:42 PM |#27  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Brno
Thanks Meter: 6,156

Donate to Me
More
MultiROM v15a, new recovery and updated kernels were released. That bootloop was a bit bigger problem than I thought. One of the addresses which MultiROM uses was wrong and colided with Vanir's kernel, which resulted in the bootloop. Hopefuly this address is going to be okay for all kernels, but now, if you're going to take the update, then you have to update everything - multirom, recovery and kernel.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tasssadar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tasssadar Ad-Free
27th September 2013, 06:12 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Is there a trick or a problem with installing roms using the aroma installer? I've installed several 'normal' roms with multirom but two tries of installing Dark Jelly rom, which uses aroma, have failed. It boots to a black screen with some text saying multirom has stopped boot to prevent problems. Press power button to reboot and please contact developer. (No, I haven't contacted the developer as I don't know enough about this process to be of help.)

Note that I've never tried a normal install, pre multirom, with Dark Jelly but have installed roms with aroma a number of times. It's no biggie, I've got lots to play with now, just wondering if this is some kind of know issue.
27th September 2013, 07:12 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 3,150

More
Thanks for this awesome mod, it`s working fine on my flo.

@thecdn:

I didn`t tried to install Dark Jelly as additional rom via Aroma Installer,
but tried to install ElementaX kernel to an additional rom, which also uses Aroma Installer,
and this also resulted in a black screen.
(But its working fine to add Dark Jelly, (and certainly other roms which also using Aroma Installer) via the install from backup option).
I guess it`s a problem with the Aroma Installer.

@Tasssadar:

I don`t know, if this is the right place,
I would like to use the mod also on my Nexus 4, (MultiRom is ported to the Nexus 4),
but unfortunately it uses TWRP 2.6.0.0 as base,
I thought about compiling TWRP(Multirom) from source to have the latest TWRP version as base,
but will the TWRP(Multirom) sources linked in post #1 are also working with the Nexus 4, or are they device specific sources?

Thanks
27th September 2013, 07:34 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXMrHyde

I didn`t tried to install Dark Jelly as additional rom via Aroma Installer,
but tried to install ElementaX kernel to an additional rom, which also uses Aroma Installer,
and this also resulted in a black screen.

I have ElementalX 1.6 installed as the kernel for my main rom, Slimbean, and for one of my additional roms, Pacman rom. So I was able to install a kernel with aroma on my device, just not a rom.
27th September 2013, 07:40 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3,150

More
Thanks for the answer, maybe I made a mistake. I'll try again.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dual boot, multiboot, multirom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)