23rd January 2014, 02:37 AM |#61  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunswick

this looks great. I am on 4.2.2 on an HTC One X, is there any way to get this onto 4.2 at all?

Given it's just reading notifications to get the info? (or is that the limitation there)

Awesome work Hope google is copying it for their own widget

Yes unfortunately, the limitation is that reading notifications is limited to just 4.3, but I am working on a general SMS version, which won't be able to read hangouts messages, but should work for many more Android versions...

26th January 2014, 07:32 AM |#62  
OP Senior Member
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 516

Donate to Me
More
Add and vote on your most wanted features here: http://rsenapps.uservoice.com
8th April 2014, 04:59 AM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can you make an addon that integrates sms and hangouts messaging in a single thread?

Also, if I try to text someone who has their phone number linked to google, it would send it via hangouts first (if they are online), otherwise, it would send it as a text message?

Can this be done? :P
10th April 2014, 02:33 PM |#64  
Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I don't know if this is the right topic for ask this, but there is a way to send a video file with hangout?
12th April 2014, 05:52 PM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Wrong topic, don't belong to the widget and no, you can't send videos only pics and gifs

Gesendet von meinem LG-D802 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to merhans For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift merhans Ad-Free
30th June 2014, 02:50 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried this widget over the Hangouts stock one for the sole reason, i cannot make the stock one transparent/dark and so it sort of shines white on my dark screen, which i dont like. This is obviously solved in Hangouts widet app.

The problem I have however with this widget is that its just a screen and doest not link directly to conversations or opening of the conversations. Moreover if a hangout is discarded, it would still be shown on the widgets screen.

Is there any way to either: 1)change color/transparency of the oficial hangout widget or 2) make this hangouts widget app "active" so that after click you would go directly to the specific hangout and not just open hangouts app?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google hangouts, hangouts, sms, widget

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)