1,860 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By jashsu, Senior Member on 20th May 2009, 02:50 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
1st October 2009, 09:50 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Try TCP instead of UDP
I am now successfully using sipdroid with gizmo to make VOIP calls over wifi.

When I first followed this guide:
http://iiordanov.blogspot.com/2009/0...-gv-guava.html
it did not work, however. I kept having registration time out errors.

Then I changed the protocol from UDP to TCP in the SIP Account Settings page of Sipdroid and it worked.

2nd October 2009, 01:46 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
So is there any way to make a call to a Skype user without using phone minutes or paying someone (e.g. Gizmo5 OpenSky for calls longer than 5 minutes)?

Thanks
2nd October 2009, 03:39 PM |#103  
Flag Batley

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoide_

So is there any way to make a call to a Skype user without using phone minutes or paying someone (e.g. Gizmo5 OpenSky for calls longer than 5 minutes)?

Thanks

I havent figured out making even skype test call using sipdroid. I think there are issues like 1) How a sipdroid user knows if a skype contact is online to receive calls?
I use iskoot but it is only limited to "3" users for free but available to all but not free. Saerch for iskoot skype.
2nd October 2009, 03:43 PM |#104  

More
Mods, please remove the spam!
2nd October 2009, 04:08 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dial100

I havent figured out making even skype test call using sipdroid. I think there are issues like 1) How a sipdroid user knows if a skype contact is online to receive calls?
I use iskoot but it is only limited to "3" users for free but available to all but not free. Saerch for iskoot skype.

But this still requires callback, right? I got a message saying they have no local number in Costa Rica and that long distance rates would apply...
2nd October 2009, 04:24 PM |#106  
Flag Batley

More
Quote:

But this still requires callback, right? I got a message saying they have no local number in Costa Rica and that long distance rates would apply...

Wait for either Fring or Nimbuzz. I perfer Nimbuzz because how it works and less or no lag compared to Fring.
2nd October 2009, 04:34 PM |#107  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dial100

Wait for either Fring or Nimbuzz. I perfer Nimbuzz because how it works and less or no lag compared to Fring.

I heard there was a beta planned for Fring. Are there any such plans for Nimbuzz where you can use it without minutes to call Skype with 3G data/WiFi?

Thanks
3rd October 2009, 03:32 AM |#108  
Flag Batley

More
Quote:

I heard there was a beta planned for Fring. Are there any such plans for Nimbuzz where you can use it without minutes to call Skype with 3G data/WiFi?

Thanks

Yes when Nimbuzz is perfected as on symbian.
Once out I imagine it will work san as on symbian allowing to initiate calls to skype,msn as well as yahoo and gtalk. 3G and WiFi.
5th October 2009, 06:25 PM |#109  

More
Hi
installed sipdroid and tried using tpad but just would not work.
Went down the PBXes route and after a struggle alls working great

Only thing I cannot do is dial out from the keypad I have tried dialing rules in PBXes and adding + sign on the phone keypad phone always selects my network !! Only way I can make a call is by entering a number in the "called party address" box in sipdroid it works but.... preferably I would like to dial from contacts and the phone keypad.

Any help appreciated

Martin

HTC Hero (wasTMobile G2 touch)
firmware version 1.5
software version 1.0.0A6288
Build number MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.3 Core
7th October 2009, 01:12 PM |#110  
Flag Batley

More
[QUOTE=mart434u;4669930]Hi

Only thing I cannot do is dial out from the keypad I have tried dialing rules in PBXes and adding + sign on the phone keypad phone always selects my network !! Only way I can make a call is by entering a number in the "called party address" box in sipdroid it works but.... preferably I would like to dial from contacts and the phone keypad.
Any help appreciated

Martin
Hi, Try this without quotes! "9|x." in your outbound route dialling patterns box. So, for example if you are using pennytel for local/national calls, any numbers begin with 9 will use pennytel route. You can make different rules for other sip providers if you have more than one.
eg. voipcheap "0|x." Sipgate "1|x."
Hope above helps.
7th October 2009, 07:22 PM |#111  

More
hi
thanks for that but I don't seem to be able to get the phone to dial anything other than my network operator from the keypad even if I enter the TPad number it tries to dail like 9004401527****** it then ends the call because its not a valid number. Is there an option to force the keypad to not dial to the network but to voip?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread