1,860 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

By jashsu, Senior Member on 20th May 2009, 02:50 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd May 2009, 09:37 PM |#11  
Flag Near zurich
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is f***** awesome ! Thanks a lot for this version that supports WIFI/3G&Edge.... works perfect here in Switzerland !

23rd May 2009, 06:37 AM |#12  
Flag Washington

More
How is this thread not more popular? This service is freaking awesome! Running great on JF 1.5
23rd May 2009, 09:17 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmytango

How is this thread not more popular? This service is freaking awesome! Running great on JF 1.5

I guess either the process of setting up a SIP service and Sipdroid is too complex for the average user. That or people don't know/care about Sipdroid. Or perhaps their mobile carriers are blocking port 5060.

I'm not one to require positive validation to do something, but it is a little disappointing this thread isn't getting more attention. Mainly because I was hoping more attention for Sipdroid would spur the project maintainers to address current usability issues (e.g. no ring/alert on incoming calls).

Keep truckin on!
23rd May 2009, 02:49 PM |#14  
Flag Dallas / Fort Worth

Donate to Me
More
I've been trying to get SipDroid to work for a long time. I can't get it to work with Gizmo, Magicjack, or PBXes... I always get Registration Failed(Timeout). I have DMZ'd my phone through my router so I know the ports are not being blocked. Haven't tested it over 2G/3G as theres no point if I can't do it over WiFi which I have access to almost 24/7 here in Cairo on my phone.

I know PBXes, Gizmo, and Magicjack are all setup correctly as I can use my WM6.1 phone easilly to connect to any of these services. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?
23rd May 2009, 03:18 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekingitup2005

I know PBXes, Gizmo, and Magicjack are all setup correctly as I can use my WM6.1 phone easilly to connect to any of these services. Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?

Have you tried upgrading to 0.9.4 and connecting to Gizmo5 directly? It should work, read the guide. I don't believe you need to do any special configuration on the router (port forwarding, etc).
23rd May 2009, 06:22 PM |#16  
Flag Dallas / Fort Worth

Donate to Me
More
I've tried connecting directly to all three services. Also, I check daily for new updates via the website. Have had the newest version since it came out... so not quite sure why it always fails.
23rd May 2009, 08:59 PM |#17  
Flag Dallas / Fort Worth

Donate to Me
More
For those having trouble setting up PBXes.org I followed this guide several months ago when I originally setup my PBXes account. There are a few extra fields on the site now but as long as you have whats in the images you should be fine. Also, this was for Gizmo/Magicjack.

Orginally writtern by MagicDump @ www.MagicjackSupport.com

Quote:

PBXes.com is a free online VOIP PBX Host.

With this setup you will be able to receive Call from any Gizmo5, Voxalot, Callcentric, Inum, etc, SIP Phone in the word, without having to have your computer or any ATA running 24/7!

In this setup I only Use Gizmo5 as an Example.
It works like this:

1. Anyone using a gizmo5 SIP phone from anywhere in the word will Dial your Gizmo5 Number eg. (17475551212) and your cellphone or Landline will ring.
2. Anyone can call your Magicjack Number at the Dial tone (9#) + (200#), and your cell Phone or land line will Ring.
3. You can call your Magicjack Number at the Dial Tone (9#) + (USA or Canada Number#).
4. You can Call your Magicjack Number at the Dial Tone (9#) + 1 + (last 7 digicts of any Gizmo5 Number#)

From the free PBXes.com account you will get 2000 min a month.
By changing Dial plans you should be able to use any SIP providers IN and Out.
You will not need to be connected to the Internet to make or receive Phone calls in your Cell or your Land line Phone.
In order for you to do this you will need:

1. Open a free account with PBXes.com"
https://www4.pbxes.com/

2. Open A free Account with Gizmo5.
http://gizmo5.com/pc/download/.

24th May 2009, 05:51 PM |#18  
Flag Near zurich

More
I wrote a blog post on this app (GERMAN):
http://www.exelixi.ch/?p=328
24th May 2009, 06:22 PM |#19  
Flag Dallas / Fort Worth

Donate to Me
More
Turns out they are blocking port 5060 here on public WiFi hosted by TEData. Switched to port 5061 using PBXes and its working. The strange thing is my WM6.1 phone is still using 5060 and connects to PBXes fine.
25th May 2009, 03:03 AM |#20  
Flag SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
Thanks Meter: 6,082

Donate to Me
More
awesome
Killer app, im currently using Google Voice with Gizmo5 and I am able to place/receive calls for free with Google Voice/Gizmo, I just send all my calls to my Gizmo5 sip Number, set sipdroid to login to gizmo5 at serverroxy01.sipphone.com, then login with my gizmo username and password

I then head over to google.com/voice and place a call to my gizmo acct and free nationwide calling
25th May 2009, 05:42 PM |#21  
Flag Dallas / Fort Worth

Donate to Me
More
My only complaint would be not being able to access the dailpad during a call with SipDroid. It makes it hard to check my voice mail or use prompts.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread