FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[28-06-10][App] Flix Cinema listings for UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, US/Canada, Australia

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By jmbillings, Senior Member on 28th June 2009, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th October 2009, 12:38 PM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
With the new release it seems same problem, when it is downloading film info for first time, app shows an error screen. I have tried San Sebastian city in Spain (España). And I think that is the problem ("cinesa Heron city" theatre or something like that is which is giving problems).

I have tried Toledo city in Spain to check the problem and everything is OK now!!!

Could you provide a list of cities that are working well... or what webpage this apps is consulting for the info? Or how can I add a theatre that works manually?

5th October 2009, 01:00 PM |#102  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by caballero600

With the new release it seems same problem, when it is downloading film info for first time, app shows an error screen. I have tried San Sebastian city in Spain (España). And I think that is the problem ("cinesa Heron city" theatre or something like that is which is giving problems).

I have tried Toledo city in Spain to check the problem and everything is OK now!!!

Could you provide a list of cities that are working well... or what webpage this apps is consulting for the info? Or how can I add a theatre that works manually?

Okey, Problem founded, I have visited yahoo for searching my city, and this web has incorrect information... Becouse If you search "San Sebastian" it comes with one theartre in Barcelona called (cinesa heron city) and another near Madrid (heron las rozas) which both make this app close. I think it confuses "San Sebastian" with "San Sebastian de los Reyes"... 2 different cities or something like that.

EDIT:If you click in yahoo by city it shows correct information in San sebastian, but the search function doesn't work well. It gives another information than:
http://es.movies.yahoo.com/cartelera...ll-movies.html

So I have tried putting in City: "san-sebastian" (NOT "san sebastian)
and now works OK.

The button "Administrar Cines" doesn't work with downloading... This app only downloads searching by the city, so I can add them manually but don't work.
5th October 2009, 09:36 PM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
OK, it's good you probed Yahoo and got it working!

To "Administer Cines" and pre-ignore, you need to use the ID number of the cinema to ignore; so find it in Yahoo and get the ID from the URL. Or do a download, then click the ignore (crossed out popcorn) button on the cinema you don't want...
6th October 2009, 03:43 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Restoring after Hard Reset
I'd like to drop the data/settings files in my Sashimi backup scripts to save some update time on a hard reset. If that's feasible, where do I find them?
6th October 2009, 07:00 AM |#105  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfEngr

I'd like to drop the data/settings files in my Sashimi backup scripts to save some update time on a hard reset. If that's feasible, where do I find them?

If you look in Program Files\Flix (or wherever else you installed it) you will see some FlixData XML files with associated XSD's - such as FlixDataConfig.xml, FlixDataMovies.xml etc.

These xml/xsd files are the ones you need to be backing up.

You should do all of them to avoid problems - if you only restored the config file for instance, Flix may well then fail to create the other ones it needs.
7th October 2009, 02:45 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
ok, dropped that into the sashimi file backup ini. thanks.
7th October 2009, 02:26 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I tried to download cinema data for Italy (any city) but a window says "nessun cinema trovato". No problem for other country like Uk.
23rd October 2009, 08:22 AM |#108  

More
Great app
I believe this would be a great app for me but I had to try downloading multiple times before I could get it to save all the info it downloaded. Once I got that to finally work, I browsed through my theater listings and the one theater that is of geographic interest to me will NOT pull up movie listing times. I get an error message that says "No showtimes found!". This theater also happens to be the very first listing of all the theaters in my area, not sure if that matters though. Any solution would be nice. Thanks
25th October 2009, 07:31 PM |#109  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinite007

I believe this would be a great app for me but I had to try downloading multiple times before I could get it to save all the info it downloaded. Once I got that to finally work, I browsed through my theater listings and the one theater that is of geographic interest to me will NOT pull up movie listing times. I get an error message that says "No showtimes found!". This theater also happens to be the very first listing of all the theaters in my area, not sure if that matters though. Any solution would be nice. Thanks

Hi there

Sorry you're having trouble - if it keeps failing to download it's usually because the connection isn't being reliable enough (Flix does download quite a bit) - if you've not already done so, I'd suggest manually adding in the theaters you want to ignore from the config screen (look up their ID number in the URL at movies.yahoo.com). If that doesn't help, have you tried downloading while hooked up to a PC (via ActiveSync?) as that can be more reliable.

Finally, if you get no listings once it looks like it finished, have you checked Yahoo to ensure there actually are some? If you're still having trouble, PM me your location you used, and I can test it out here (Yahoo do have the issue of changing stuff now and then which can break Flix...)
9th November 2009, 11:15 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up City support request.
Can you please add support for the city Mangalore(India)? Yahoo does have support for it http://in.movies.yahoo.com/showtimes_by_city.html)
Please?

Best movie app for winmo yet!
kudos!
Csmiler
9th November 2009, 11:20 AM |#111  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
If Yahoo supports India then I should be able to add it.
I'm currently working on sending SMS from within Flix - for various reasons I've not been able to work on it much recently though

But once that is done I can look at India (and Australia too as it's one I want to add)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cinema listings, flix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)