FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[28-06-10][App] Flix Cinema listings for UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, US/Canada, Australia

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By jmbillings, Senior Member on 28th June 2009, 04:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th August 2009, 01:14 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Will this work without google maps? I use bing maps instead. Thanks.

15th August 2009, 02:35 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Please support New Zealand!! Thank you
15th August 2009, 03:29 AM |#23  
Toronto Canada
Thanks Meter: 14

More
no movies found in toronto canada checked on yahoo and no problems with toronto, ca there!
15th August 2009, 04:28 AM |#24  

More
Dude you just got debuted on pocketnow

http://pocketnow.com/software-1/glob...windows-mobile

by the way, checked ot out here in the uk/MADchester it picks out the cinema places but im not sure if the timings wokred fine...i still didnt go to any of those
15th August 2009, 12:27 PM |#25  

More
Great application!!

Just a few UI suggestions:

1) When viewing the Film Times for a particular cinema, would it be possible to add the running time for films below each film title?

2) Would it be possible to tap the film title to activate the film synopsis view?

3) Would it be possible to add the film release date (so I can judge how busy the cinema will be!)

4) Finally..., would it be possible to add the Critic and User rating to the synopsis view i.e. Critics: 3 stars (1 review), Users: 4 stars (35 review)

Keep up the excellent work!
15th August 2009, 12:48 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I would also like to suggest the ability to tap into the film synopsis when viewing cinema times. And vice versa when viewing a movie and all its running times, being able to tap into a cinema.
If that makes sense
15th August 2009, 04:51 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
Hi all,
I've been away for a couple of days... to answer some questions:

Tiffy18 - I have no idea how Flix would have made Google Maps hebrew. When you click the map button, Flix simply starts Google Maps, passing the address of the cinema as a parameter. I don't think it's possible it could have changed how GM works.

Efjay - Flix doesn't NEED Google Maps. The only reason it's mentioned is because clicking an icon in Flix will show you the cinema location, using the Google Maps software you install on the phone (not the internet site). So I don't know if Bing do a similar app, if they do I could add support for it. Or simply call the URL to go to the map site using the default browser...

jphccfc- I'll check this out

Steve/Jiggs - the next version should be implementing a few UI changes to make it nicer to use. Some of these will be along the lines of what you've mentioned, so look out for an update at some point!
17th August 2009, 08:21 AM |#28  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hmmm...doesn't seem to work for Vancouver, BC, Canada.

Was this App getting it's data from Yahoo Movies? I can seem to get Yahoo Movies to show anything in Canada...so maybe that's the problem.
17th August 2009, 08:46 AM |#29  

More
Wink
great app dude

work great for me (France)
17th August 2009, 08:53 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I love this app, but it takes forever to load up the times for theatres. I am only pulling one theatre (I have disabled all the rest in my area) and it takes well over 3 minutes to pull up the movies and times. I will continue to use the program, but is there anyway to speed it up?
17th August 2009, 08:58 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely

Donate to Me
More
Not sure what's going on with Canada. I'm sure it worked at one point when I was testing, but I also find the Yahoo site isn't showing much now... (if anything)

Will see what I can work out.

flyinonice4- the downloads *do* take a while, yes. Mainly it's because of the amount of stuff it downloads, but remember that Flix downloads up to a weeks worth of listings, so you don't need to do the download every time you run it.

You can also schedule downloads using one of the free PPC task schedulers out there (links in the first post) so that it can auto-update once a week when you're asleep, that way you never have to sit through it! Simply start Flix with an argument of "update" and it will start up, download, then quit.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cinema listings, flix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)