FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[28-06-10][App] Flix Cinema listings for UK, FR, DE, ES, IT, US/Canada, Australia

456 posts
Thanks Meter: 40

By jmbillings, Senior Member on 28th June 2009, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th December 2010, 09:42 PM |#331  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Sup. I just sent ya a PM actually, glad to see your still around. Weird coincidence it stopped working, hopefully Flix 2 isn't busted either.
I'm using XDA Android 2.2 myself quite a bit (switching to use camera, as i take picture's a lot.), but a good bit i still use WM, and being WM doesn't have jack for movie program's, i would love to still see Flix2 publicly released (with my suggestion in your PM). Bing works -ok-, and moviephone site on our phone's "S-U-C-K-S". The auto-formatting is really horrible. Big text, only like 3-4 selection's per page selection (bad when in car trying to find something.).

4th January 2011, 09:15 AM |#332  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbillings

Sorry Flix has stopped working guys - it'll probably be because the various sites it uses for the data have changed.

I've got my Touch Pro back off the Wife now so I might have another bash at finishing off Flix 2 to a workable state... it's harder to work lots on it now as my main phone is Android... but I'll see what I can do.

It still kinda works OK for me.. will download listings and if I go via the "movies" option I can click thru and get listings.. but via the "cinemas" option it crashes when selecting the clock icon to view times for that cinema! (out of memory exception)
29th January 2012, 09:42 PM |#333  
A top-secret bunker in an undisclosed location...
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Mine worked for about two weeks after the beginning of the year, now it just throws a location error and exits whenever I attempt to update. Located in USA, running on Axim X51v, WM6.1, .NET CF 3.5
6th February 2012, 07:28 AM |#334  
Flag Noumea
Thanks Meter: 129

More
.Net CF errors again and again
The program looks interesting and actually behaves the way it should, but it can never finish any action.

Whatever you do (even a reset !) you always end up with a buch of .Net CF errors.

Very frustrating.

Obviously, .Net CF is actually just bull****, but some apps still come to work for a while (they always crash in the end, OK, but not always at first try). Isnt't there a possibility to overcome that ?

I'm using .Net CF 3.5, of course (3.7 is just another piece of dung).

Are you interested about some screenshots, or are you aware of the errors already ?
6th February 2012, 08:51 AM |#335  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ely
Thanks Meter: 40

Donate to Me
More
To be honest, I'm amazed Flix is still working at all. I've not touched the code for it since moving to android over 18 months ago.

It worked by cheekily web-scraping so any change in the webpages it pulled information from could potentially break it.

If I still have the code, is anyone interested in seeing if they can fix it? When I stopped work on it I was partway through implementing the silvermoon UI classese so I'm not sure what state it's in...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cinema listings, flix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)