FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

24MAR Android Taskbar V6 + Dark Ninja White Theme [W|Q|VGA] [WM6.5.X & WM6.5 & WM6.1]

478 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By Dark Ninja, Senior Member on 31st January 2010, 05:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2010, 03:06 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
6.1 taskbar works great, looking forward to updates

25th March 2010, 03:57 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by longice

Hey DN,

no skinning on signal bar icons here. They're plain white, same as with the task manager icon. In the dlls that contains the usual icons there are no icons that control the signal bars, so I can't understand what to do to skin them

Regarding those smudges around the icons: Use png format as I suggested and make the background transparent and you'll avoid those problems Let me know if I can help you with that, as I got some time today and tomorrow. I think I have already done your Desire taskbar battery icons in png, or at least some that are pretty close. I can send them over if ya like, just gimme a notice...

BTW in most of the lasts posts, those links are showing taskbars where the icon behind the signal bars are skinned, and not the signal bars themselves. There are no problems having a background for the signal bar icons to make them visible on a white background. The problem is how to change the colour on the bars themselves. Cause I can't find the right ico files in the dlls...

Hey longice and DN, take a look at Post 3, it has the .ico files of the signal bars. I know nothing though, so I'm not sure if it's do-able. Thanks for your hard work!
25th March 2010, 04:11 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 214

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88

Hey longice and DN, take a look at Post 3, it has the .ico files of the signal bars. I know nothing though, so I'm not sure if it's do-able. Thanks for your hard work!

In which thread?
25th March 2010, 04:14 PM |#504  

More
Quote:

In which thread?

Sorry, post 3 in this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=taskbar+icon
25th March 2010, 04:25 PM |#505  
Flag Cateret, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1,229

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandnj71

I think it may be that you can add an image as in the examples you gave but, the icons ( meaning bars ) are not. But I just don't know for sure.

Quote:

BTW in most of the lasts posts, those links are showing taskbars where the icon behind the signal bars are skinned, and not the signal bars themselves. There are no problems having a background for the signal bar icons to make them visible on a white background. The problem is how to change the colour on the bars themselves. Cause I can't find the right ico files in the dlls...

So far everything I have read supports this info. On GSM it seems the bars are not skinable, in the Tsowen thread they sate that the bars are rendered in some way the prevents it.
25th March 2010, 04:40 PM |#506  

More
Crap. I missed one icon when fixing the smudge issue I've attached a fixed phcanOverbmp.dll and the fixed icon (1039.ico) in the zip file. I'm really sorry, guys!!!

Quote:

Sorry, post 3 in this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...t=taskbar+icon

Oh yes, that post Thanks, but the problem is that the icons which shows the signal icons there are the LargeTitleBar.dll and we don't use that on our diamonds So editing that file unfortunately won't change a thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandnj71

So far everything I have read supports this info. On GSM it seems the bars are not skinable, in the Tsowen thread they sate that the bars are rendered in some way the prevents it.

Yeah, it seems there's a possibility of skinning the bars on CDMA and not on GSM, but I don't know for sure...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Fixed phcanOver.bmp and image files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (123.0 KB, 34 views)
25th March 2010, 04:56 PM |#507  

More
Quote:

Oh yes, that post Thanks, but the problem is that the icons which shows the signal icons there are the LargeTitleBar.dll and we don't use that on our diamonds So editing that file unfortunately won't change a thing...

Yeah, it seems there's a possibility of skinning the bars on CDMA and not on GSM, but I don't know for sure...

I see. I think we can possibly do something with the background, or 64-71.ico in phcanOverbmp.dll, or 4674/4675/4681/4682.ico in shellres.192.dll so that it looks more like android. Even a tiny green dot or an tiny android-bot that replace the original "tower". What do you guys think? Sorry for asking too much.
25th March 2010, 05:15 PM |#508  

More
Quote:

I see. I think we can possibly do something with the background, or 64-71.ico in phcanOverbmp.dll, or 4674/4675/4681/4682.ico in shellres.192.dll so that it looks more like android. Even a tiny green dot or an tiny android-bot that replace the original "tower". What do you guys think? Sorry for asking too much.

No need to apologize, keep coming with ideas But this is DN's project, I'm just doing some very small pieces in adopting it to 6.1...

I thought 64-71.ico was kinda android-like already? And I think they override some of those icons in shellres.192, but I'm not sure about that...
25th March 2010, 05:47 PM |#509  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 61

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Ninja

I think thats the problem, i think it needs to be a cooked rom, did you install sdkcerts?

Yes, SDKCerts is installed. My build # is: 21849.5.0.63

Let me know if I can do anything to help.
25th March 2010, 05:58 PM |#510  

More
Quote:

No need to apologize, keep coming with ideas But this is DN's project, I'm just doing some very small pieces in adopting it to 6.1...

I thought 64-71.ico was kinda android-like already? And I think they override some of those icons in shellres.192, but I'm not sure about that...

Looks like all the .ico was already modified to android-like, but they were not displayed. Maybe we need to find the "background" file. Let me as around.
25th March 2010, 06:01 PM |#511  

More
Quote:

Looks like all the .ico was already modified to android-like, but they were not displayed. Maybe we need to find the "background" file. Let me as around.

AFAIK it's not possible to have a background on taskbars in WM 6.1. But please please prove me wrong
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
wm6.5.x theme white

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)