By bik2000, Senior Member on 28th May 2010, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
15th June 2010, 04:48 PM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmariam

WkTask provides a "real exit" (I can't believe people let this jewel die... damn HTC crappy software).

I use QuickMenu which also provides long-click to exit functionality. I can look into doing something in the app to exit completely, but it never bothered me because of these other programs that can do that for you.

-- bik2000

15th June 2010, 04:52 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmun77

I have tried v4. But I think the quality of the videos are really lousy as compared to GetYTV. The MP4 quality videos are so bad. Is it really MP4 quality??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan

You are correct, and I did a little "test" to compare the two. I downloaded one of my videos on YT with both v4 and GetYTV. The video qualities are worlds apart which reflects in their file sizes too. Check out my file attachment below.

Please let me know if the latest version (0.5.0.0) addresses the YouTube video quality issue for you.

-- bik2000
15th June 2010, 09:01 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Your app is very good.
Do you think you can add xvideos.com in the software? xvideos is a very streaming website for adult :)
16th June 2010, 08:37 AM |#104  
Flag Chula Vista SD, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000

Please let me know if the latest version (0.5.0.0) addresses the YouTube video quality issue for you.

-- bik2000

So far so good sir! mVu's "Medium" = GetYTV's "MP4"

Out of curiosity, is it not possible to download "MP4" for the other sites as well? I only ask because that format is supported by the TP2's album viewer+WMP which would eliminate the need for any other player.
16th June 2010, 09:37 AM |#105  
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Love it.
Great app love it.
16th June 2010, 10:54 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Talking
Cool! There is a great improvement of the video quality. However, some comments from me which I hope you don't mind.

1. The FPS of the mp4 quality seems kinda low. Only 15fps as seen from my attachment. Not sure if it is due to youtube MP4 limitation or the codec of the program? 15fps is kinda cranky to the eyes. I see GetvTY videos are having ~25fps.

2. I suggest perhaps setting Youtube as the default site on the main page since youtube is a more popular video site?

3. Perhaps you can use labeling like MP4 or FLV instead of normal, medium, etc of the video quality options? 720, 1080 are fine, but just that end users may not know what is the difference of formats, especially between medium and high and 720p?

Nevertheless, it is a very very nice piece of program and work there. You are da man!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen01.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	344046  
16th June 2010, 03:02 PM |#107  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan

So far so good sir! mVu's "Medium" = GetYTV's "MP4"

Out of curiosity, is it not possible to download "MP4" for the other sites as well? I only ask because that format is supported by the TP2's album viewer+WMP which would eliminate the need for any other player.

It depends on the site. For example, Tube8 provides FLV and 3GP, YouTube provides FLV, 3GP and MP4. There may be other sites that have MP4 videos as well, I just don't know them all.
16th June 2010, 03:07 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmun77

Cool! There is a great improvement of the video quality. However, some comments from me which I hope you don't mind.

1. The FPS of the mp4 quality seems kinda low. Only 15fps as seen from my attachment. Not sure if it is due to youtube MP4 limitation or the codec of the program? 15fps is kinda cranky to the eyes. I see GetvTY videos are having ~25fps.

2. I suggest perhaps setting Youtube as the default site on the main page since youtube is a more popular video site?

3. Perhaps you can use labeling like MP4 or FLV instead of normal, medium, etc of the video quality options? 720, 1080 are fine, but just that end users may not know what is the difference of formats, especially between medium and high and 720p?

Nevertheless, it is a very very nice piece of program and work there. You are da man!

I'm not sure why the file from GetYTV would be any different, unless he is downloading a different quality file from YouTube. There are some older formats available that I don't grab. Is the file from GetYTV the exact same size as the one from mVu?

You can see the different formats available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs

There is more than one FLV and MP4 format, which is why I didn't label them that way. I could label them based on the resolution of the video.
16th June 2010, 06:18 PM |#109  
Flag Switzerland
Thanks Meter: 5

More
youtube not work whit Tcpmp
Tube8 crach with Tcpmp
Red very slow
16th June 2010, 07:10 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
The "YOUTUBE" protocol is not supported... TCPMP can't handle the video links in that format (I wonder if it's just because the address start with youtube and not http). There should be another way to get the links... youtubeplay is the free alternative available (mix of C and C#).

RedTube videos are in onvp6 format. TCPMP implementation of this is very slow and non optimal (CorePlayer doesn't even play this format). Put the player in "Benchmark" (video will be smoother but it may still lag or audio will be out-of-sync)

Tube8 videos are in h264. TCPMP doesn't support flv files with video in this format. The splitter needs tp be updated maybe...

So far these are not very good news for TCPMP users like myself
16th June 2010, 11:15 PM |#111  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmariam

The "YOUTUBE" protocol is not supported... TCPMP can't handle the video links in that format (I wonder if it's just because the address start with youtube and not http). There should be another way to get the links... youtubeplay is the free alternative available (mix of C and C#).

RedTube videos are in onvp6 format. TCPMP implementation of this is very slow and non optimal (CorePlayer doesn't even play this format). Put the player in "Benchmark" (video will be smoother but it may still lag or audio will be out-of-sync)

Tube8 videos are in h264. TCPMP doesn't support flv files with video in this format. The splitter needs tp be updated maybe...

So far these are not very good news for TCPMP users like myself

The youtube:// protocol is specific to Coreplayer. This is what Coreplayer uses internally to stream from YouTube. It will accept links in this format. TCPMP doesn't support that format for links. I assume YouTubePlay does something similar to Coreplayer internally to be able to stream from YouTube. The direct links from YouTube allow me to download the files, but I cannot pass those links to either Coreplayer or TCPMP. I assume both Coreplayer and YouTubePlay create their own requests to YouTube and then stream from the response they get. Short of embedding TCPMP into mVU, I don't know a way around this yet.

Do Tube8 .3gp videos work in TCPMP?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stream, tcpmp, tube8, wvd, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)