By bik2000, Senior Member on 28th May 2010, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2010, 05:42 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardh

Works great on HD2 with Coreplayer 1.3.6. Good video quality. Thanks!

Wow, I'm glad it works for you. I was beginning to think I was the only one.

28th May 2010, 05:45 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frmariam

I've not been able to use your app though... I get a "Cannot start process because a file name has not been provided" message... Don't have a clue about the cause...

This means it can't find Coreplayer or TCPMP on your device. Not that they aren't there, just that the app is looking in the wrong spot.
28th May 2010, 05:48 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000

I installed it on phone memory (same with CP) if that matters...
28th May 2010, 05:58 PM |#14  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

2 - is in the plans.
3 - is also in the plans as soon as I figure out how to detect the resolution of the device. This is my first Windows Mobile App.

getscreenx() and getscreeny() are the commands, you find them at msdn.
but: for vga and wvga it's needed that you made your app Highres-aware, otherwise you would get the false results.it's described at msdn how you easy do this (only add a resource)

please consider that most people have opera9 and 10 at the same time.also tcpmp and core player.sometimes in main storage, sometimes on storage card - and all of this language dependent. therefore a choose by user is better than an automatic detection.

just ask, if need something.I think we all had/still have to find out the "specialties" of winmo

thanx for your hard work
Micha
28th May 2010, 06:16 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Impressive first app
You've got a hell of a first project here

Indeed most web video sites don't like to publish the API... But if you're looking for some examples the GoTube scripts (javascript) and XMBC scripts (python) may be of assistance.

About the running error it may be indeed the failure in detecting the players. I have TCPMP but my system is not English (and my SD drive has a name with uncommon chars which means full unicode support is needed). An easy temporary solution would be adding an options page where one can browse for the player exe.
28th May 2010, 07:54 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

Works for me too, thanks..!
I've WinMo 6.1.
28th May 2010, 08:06 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You've got a hell of a first project here

Indeed most web video sites don't like to publish the API... But if you're looking for some examples the GoTube scripts (javascript) and XMBC scripts (python) may be of assistance.

About the running error it may be indeed the failure in detecting the players. I have TCPMP but my system is not English (and my SD drive has a name with uncommon chars which means full unicode support is needed). An easy temporary solution would be adding an options page where one can browse for the player exe.

Thanks for the comments!

The XBMC links are interesting. My approach isn't too far off.

Yes, a non-English system would be an issue for the way I implemented player detection. I'll definitely rework that part of the application.
28th May 2010, 08:16 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works as advertised on my TP2.
28th May 2010, 10:40 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
About the player detection
I remebered how WVD did it.... WVD doesn't quite detect the player... It writes an m3u file with the url and sends an open command. This way the link opens in whatever player is associated with m3u files.

PS:You can check code from WVD.exe using Reflector.
28th May 2010, 11:21 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I remebered how WVD did it.... WVD doesn't quite detect the player... It writes an m3u file with the url and sends an open command. This way the link opens in whatever player is associated with m3u files.

PS:You can check code from WVD.exe using Reflector.

Yes, I saw that's what WVD did. I am going to try to get the player path from the registry entries for 3GP and FLV associations. If that doesn't work out, I may try the m3u approach.

Thanks for the Reflector link. That may come in handy.

-- bik2000
29th May 2010, 05:41 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member

More
New Version - mVu - 0.2.0.0
A new version has been posted with the following fixes:

- Will now attempt to find video player based on associations with flv and/or 3gp files
- Save button will now use Internet Explorer to save the file even if IE is not the default browser
- Attempted to fix thumbnail size issue for QVGA devices, but I did not test this

Please go to the first post for the updated version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690288

-- bik2000
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stream, tcpmp, tube8, wvd, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)