By bik2000, Senior Member on 28th May 2010, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2010, 05:41 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

More
New Version - mVu - 0.2.0.0
A new version has been posted with the following fixes:

- Will now attempt to find video player based on associations with flv and/or 3gp files
- Save button will now use Internet Explorer to save the file even if IE is not the default browser
- Attempted to fix thumbnail size issue for QVGA devices, but I did not test this

Please go to the first post for the updated version.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690288

-- bik2000

29th May 2010, 06:26 AM |#22  
Flag Chula Vista SD, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It is still a no-go for my TP2. Is our only option to pay for Coreplayer for smooth playback? TCPMP is not coordinating [see screenshot attachment].
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot3.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	334040   Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot4.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	334041  
29th May 2010, 06:49 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan

It is still a no-go for my TP2. Is our only option to pay for Coreplayer for smooth playback? TCPMP is not coordinating [see screenshot attachment].

I haven't had any luck with TCPMP either. FLV won't play and 3GP cause TCPMP to crash. Coreplayer works perfectly with either...

Does TCPMP work at all with a downloaded file?
29th May 2010, 06:51 AM |#24  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 272

Donate to Me
More
thanx,
Search is still working, play not at all.it finds core player now, but no video is played.
And yes - it finds internet explorer to save.but that's not good, because access is denied for both file types.
I'm not sure, why you think that IE is the right choice, because I copied the url of the 3gp-link to opera 10...and opera started the download
(you know that flash is supported in opera 10? Also as one single .cab, so easy for everybody to install)

thanx again
29th May 2010, 06:53 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboyalan

Actually can you browse to tube8.com at all? Those errors look like your connection is not allowing you to access the site. You're not at work are you?
29th May 2010, 06:59 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelDiamond

thanx,
Search is still working, play not at all.it finds core player now, but no video is played.
And yes - it finds internet explorer to save.but that's not good, because access is denied for both file types.
I'm not sure, why you think that IE is the right choice, because I copied the url of the 3gp-link to opera 10...and opera started the download
(you know that flash is supported in opera 10? Also as one single .cab, so easy for everybody to install)

thanx again

Are you getting the same access denied errors as the screenshots in the post above you? I don't know why it works for me, but not you guys...

Does Coreplayer do anything when it launches?

I'm just using Internet Explorer temporarily to save until I can implement something better. I have nothing against Opera. In fact I use it most of the time on my device.
29th May 2010, 07:11 AM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
core player does nothing, is blank.

for ie: the security options are setted depending of windows, so it's device dependent.
(yes,it's like screenshot)
opera is a cab for all, therefore it works.
just call it with parameter url.

perhaps you need something in your code for allowing a site/url in IE... but the easier way is to choose different browsers.the default browsers which are found as registry keys, doesn't work on the most devices (I know it from developing the Rss-Reader).
29th May 2010, 07:12 AM |#28  
Flag Chula Vista SD, CA

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bik2000

Does TCPMP work at all with a downloaded file?

Yeah, but it is very laggy in contrast to the album viewer's player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelDiamond

Really? It simply gave me the same "Forbidden" page on Opera 10 too. Hmm...
29th May 2010, 07:38 AM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
sorry,I meant for .flv,not 3gp link
29th May 2010, 09:19 AM |#30  

More
it works good on my i8000 with wm6.5
29th May 2010, 01:04 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
(W)QVGA is fixed. mVu now finds TCPMP. Thanks

Pocket Internet Explorer seems to be slower than Opera... Hope you implement the download capabilities right into mVu. Also 3gp downloads don't seem to work yet.

I'm experiencing freezes on flv files but I assume it's because of a TCPMP known limitation: it can't play flv files with h264 video (it plays mp4 with h264 though). 3gp files also fail to stream (network.plg seems to have crash for some reason).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
stream, tcpmp, tube8, wvd, youtube

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)