Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2010, 11:06 PM |#1001  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Clinton Indiana
Thanks Meter: 447

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykonsc

holy crap, i erased everything on my phone for this? where are the uv/oc settings adjusted? what about the lagfix options? i can't find anything and i don't even have any backups i created to fall back on... where'd they go? big ol' waste of time
thanks for the hard work to the dev but this surely wasn't for me

No its not for you. Why would you even flash this without knowing what it does or how to work it????????
That is messed up in sooo many ways..

17th November 2010, 11:07 PM |#1002  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 418

More
Quote:

holy crap, i erased everything on my phone for this? where are the uv/oc settings adjusted? what about the lagfix options? i can't find anything and i don't even have any backups i created to fall back on... where'd they go? big ol' waste of time
thanks for the hard work to the dev but this surely wasn't for me

You deleted you backups if you didn't save them to your pc.
17th November 2010, 11:24 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 806

More
Quote:

holy crap, i erased everything on my phone for this?

Why did you do that? If you had a i9000 rom you just flash the kernel and that's it.
If you would of read the first post you'd know where the oc/lagfix options are.
18th November 2010, 02:44 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
New rasdeep oc/uv kernel
Any chance of getting this integrated? Might be good for battery.

v215 UV alpha (1.2ghz and 1.12ghz OC support)
- 100->400mhz fast scaling (less aggressive than v212 for better battery life)
- tweak for faster response
- bootanimation support
- do Linpack benchmark of your current kernel vs my kernel for comparison. Only benchmark 5 mins after system bootup (without USB cable attached)
- Linpack: 13.9-14.2@1ghz, 15.3-15.7@1.12ghz,16.5-16.9@1.2ghz

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=822027
18th November 2010, 02:48 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is there any chance the kernel source could be posted with each update as well? I would like to compile cifs and utf8 charset modules. Thanks
18th November 2010, 03:49 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 64

More
I just flashed Setiron 1.2.6 kernel over Tayutama's rom and noticed that in clockwork recovery I can't access anymore the external SD card. It shows a msg "No files found". Is this normal or something went wrong with my installation?
18th November 2010, 11:16 AM |#1007  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 769

More
SetiroN, is there any chance for you to compile support for the Wired Tether app? Since at&t took the tethering apps out of the market and I can get the Wireless Tether app to work (connected to my own access point at the same time no less, essentially giving my desktop wireless capability) without dropping, I would like to have the same with the Wired Tether app as the normal USB Tether option does NOT work with my set up - it will work for a minute or so and then the connection dies.

https://code.google.com/p/android-wi...s/detail?id=25

There is the issue for the Galaxy S specifically - but if you get the app and try to run it, it tells you exactly what support it needs from the kernel. My phone is dead right now and I'm doing a full charge and a battery reset from clockwork to hopefully get better battery life or I would post it myself.

Otherwise, FANTASTIC job on this! I love the fact that I am able to choose my lag fix, alternate between them, the speed and stability... I haven't had any issues - and coming from the Evo, that's saying a LOT. Keep up the great work!
18th November 2010, 11:38 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 135

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant

Since at&t took the tethering apps out of the market

A little off track side note:

If you want the apps from the market att blocks put your phone into flight mode and with your phone still in flight mode turn on wifi connection and open market.

The att should be gone, do a search for easy tether or any other app att is blocking and you should be good to go.
18th November 2010, 02:31 PM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokestack76

No its not for you. Why would you even flash this without knowing what it does or how to work it????????
That is messed up in sooo many ways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachpuff

Why did you do that? If you had a i9000 rom you just flash the kernel and that's it.
If you would of read the first post you'd know where the oc/lagfix options are.

yea, sorry bout that i was just a tad high when i read and flashed this, i was coming from cognition so i had found a i9000 rom that looked good and found this from his link so i flashed rom, kernel, and modem all at once and it wasn't like just flashing roms(first time to do kernel and modem) i think the stress and the effects of jwh made me freak out before i tried fixing my f up. however i sobered up and got most everything back, all i'm missing now are sms but i didn't save them anyways. important lesson here don't flash while under the influence of synthetic pot... and yea i read the first post a few times before i flashed but i blanked out when everything finished flashing... wow what a rush and my first major overhaul on this phone, exciting

oh and i had just had my tooth pulled so maybe i was a little loopy from that too.... sorry either way. this is a pretty sweet kernel once i got it figured out, thank you setiron for this awesome piece of work.
18th November 2010, 02:35 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayv

A little off track side note:

If you want the apps from the market att blocks put your phone into flight mode and with your phone still in flight mode turn on wifi connection and open market.

The att should be gone, do a search for easy tether or any other app att is blocking and you should be good to go.

or you could install market enabler and switch the market to tmobile?? but that is a pretty neat work around there, i've never messed around in flight mode
18th November 2010, 03:39 PM |#1011  
Flag South Texas
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SetiroN

- HSUPA support (with i9000 modems)
Enable WCDMA 850Mhz:
- Odin OneClick to stock JF6
- Odin flash JG8 modem
- Ensure 850Mhz is working (*#0011#)
- Master Clear with One-Click
- Copy your desired ROM's zip file (Tayutama, Darky's or whatever), jpp_modem_update.zip and setiron_vX.X.X_bln_update.zip to the SDCard
- Download ROM Manager, install Clockwork Recovery and reboot into it to install a froyo ROM (using install zip from SDCard)
- reboot in recovery mode, select install updates once or twice to get into Clockwork and install setiron_vX.X.X_bln_with_jpp_modem_update.zip (using install zip from SDCard)
- Once up and running, enable WCDMA 850 by dialing *#2263# (COMBI BANDS -> choose WCDMA 850)

DON'T MASTER CLEAR unless you want to DELETE EVERYTHING LIKE PICTURES, BACKUPS, ETC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)