Remove All Ads from XDA

[KERNEL] SetiroN i9000 SuperOptimized v1.5.6: JPX, 345MB RAM, UV/OC upto 1.6GHz

313 posts
Thanks Meter: 293

Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2011, 02:46 PM |#2461  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Don't worry s2h2golf... I have the same issue. With SetiroN's 1.5.6 kernel, I can stably overclock to more than 1.4Ghz, with 1.4GHz being rock solid. With SuckerPunch I can't get over 1280MHz without it freezing 15 seconds after booting. I also can mirror your Nenamark results with SpeedMod. SetiroN's kernel gave me consistently 10+ more FPS than any other kernel, and much higher Linpack scores.

9th February 2011, 02:51 PM |#2462  
Flag Utah
Thanks Meter: 976

More
Really, much higher linpack scores at the same speeds?
9th February 2011, 02:59 PM |#2463  
Flag TriState
Thanks Meter: 156

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

Have you tried the Paragon Kernel? I have been using that one and it rocks...I have even doing beta testing for it...the best I have tried so far.

Agreed very nice Kernel and with the latest features
9th February 2011, 03:00 PM |#2464  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin95

Really, much higher linpack scores at the same speeds?

Well, it scales linearly so maybe not "much" different. But yes, higher. This kernel feels more optimized than the others. If this one had Voodoo Sound V4, I'd never flash to anything else.
9th February 2011, 03:15 PM |#2465  
Flag Utah

More
As I said, I have yet to see a kernel that at 1344 does not offer the same performance as others in Linpack. Running linpack several times with the same kernel of course shows variances in the results but I am sorry, claiming one kernel is going to provide higher linpacks than other is not realistic based on all the kernels I have tried, not to mention all the betas as well.
I used to beta test for Setiron and supported his work for a long time as you can see if you read through this thread so I have nothing against this kernel. Just stating the facts based on all the tests that I have done personally.
I have seen someone claim getting 19s at 1280 which was rapidly exposed as a lie..other than that, they all do the same...some more consistently than others but around the same.
That is for LINPACK only though. Some other stuff do change with kernels like 3D performance is some times affected, not hugely but enough to show consistenly when benchmarking for example.
I normally get 52-54 in Nenamark for example.

And yes, I do hope Setiron comes back to work on his Kernel and we get an updated version.
9th February 2011, 03:33 PM |#2466  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Shaolin - I agree with what you are saying. I've been following this thread since December and tried the Paragon kernel based on your recommendation. I appreciate what you have done for the community because without beta testers, we'd still be using the stock kernel.

My results on Linpack were based on different clock speeds for Paragon, SuckerPunch and SetiroN - based on what was stable for my phone. SuckerPunch would never show more than 1.0ghz when running Stability Test, even though I had it set at 1.34ghz - I assume that something wasn't right either with my .zip file or with the kernel that I downloaded - I noticed the next morning after running those tests there was an update, but I never tried it. I was at 1.2ghz with Paragon, although when I tried running 1.3ghz I was at 18-19 with Linpack and almost 20 at 1.4ghz - it just wasn't stable for my phone at that speed.
9th February 2011, 03:44 PM |#2467  
Flag Utah

More
I understand how our phones seem to be picky indeed...some like multiple steps kernels, others like simpler ones...mine hates high voltages when it comes to its GPU so yeah...I am sure this is hardly a case were one kernel is best for all. :)
15th April 2011, 08:46 PM |#2468  
Flag wallingford, CT
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Thumbs up v1.56 BATTREY DRAIN FIXED!!!!!!!
I was able to fix the battery drain problem i was facing.

the problem:

cognition 4.3.1

then i used odin3 v1.7 to flash the tar of v1.56 or xt variant.

using "cpu spy" on the market i noted that while sleeping/locked it was at 800mhz solid

The FIX:

i read some more of the 200+ pages of threads and found that it wanted a I9000 modem, i used the new I9000 ugkc1 modem and now it sleeps in deep sleep mode!!!!!! it does step past the 800 setting but only for 20ms or so!!

through voltage control 3.03b i set

100@-50mv, 200@-50mv, 400@-100mv, and 1440@-25mv

SUPER QUICK! no shuttering like suckerpunch or onyx.

will let you know more tomorrow to see just how good it is.

using 1.56 xt, 4% drain overnight 6.5 hours!!!!!!!!

first run 2456 second 2629 third 2635

I know the I/O score is almost useless however i did get 417 points for 2D, and 1146 points for 3D

lagfix or not, this is what i wanted from the beginning from samsung.

n64 emulator runs perfect now with 4 frame skip selected!! super smash brothers, mario 64, f-zero-x, and mario kart run with NO hesitation!

F YEAH!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)