[ROM][AOSP][2.3.5] SalvageMod v1.4

Search This thread

freexx89

Dec 11, 2007
CRP
all of sudden this morning i wake up and i see this notification,
Damaged SD card have to reformat <--- now i am worried, if i should format or not?? i dont wanna lose any of pictures that i had taken i dont really care about other stuff
any suggestions here??

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Damaged SD card have to reformat <--- now i am worried, if i should format or not?? i dont wanna lose any of pictures that i had taken i dont really care about other stuff
any suggestions here??

It's been awhile since I have seen this, but IIRC I think all you need to do is take the SD card out of the device, place it a card reader and mount on a computer...it should come up and you should be able to access things on it. Then dismount it and put it back in your device and you should be golden. Again, this is if I remember this correctly. Worth a shot either way.

Hope this helps...

linsalata28

Dec 25, 2010
Rio Grande
any suggestions here??

Don't format it.
If you use Amon ra recovery just mount it to your computer while in recovery then once its mounted if your using windows I can't think of the names of what you need to do but its something like this.
Go to either properties or tools sorry again I can't think of what its called atm but it will be at the bottom of the window that pops up then within there you should find an option to fix any errors on the card.

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Don't format it.
If you use Amon ra recovery just mount it to your computer while in recovery then once its mounted if your using windows I can't think of the names of what you need to do but its something like this.
Go to either properties or tools sorry again I can't think of what its called atm but it will be at the bottom of the window that pops up then within there you should find an option to fix any errors on the card.

+1 -I forgot you could just mount the device and yeah if using Windows 7 it will fix any errors and you should be golden. Thanks for chiming in... :)

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
The Evo 4G is EOL, devs have moved on to newer phones. Besides, ICS just dropped and is still being developed.
no sir, developers have not moved onto other phones. in fact many have stayed, some others have recently come back because after all of this time the evo is STILL the most developed Android device on the market. look at the miui download stats alone. ics is being developed for the evo at a rapid pace and you just don't know what you are talking about. while it may be eol, it sure isn't eod. not by a long shot.

ropodope

No I won't date your daughter so stop pm'ing me!

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
Out of all the AOSP Roms I have flashed, SalvageMod was definitely the most stable. I would still be running this Rom but when using video chat, you will be upside down to the person on the other end and I use video chat too much for that. I tried all the fixes I read, re-downloaded, re-flashed, kernels, nothing fixed the issue. With that said, I read in this thread that this Rom was going to be picked up and developed by different Dev(s). Deck's and OMFGB wasn't nearly as clean and smooth as SalvageMod. Deck is already working on ICS, whats the give with bringing ICS to SalvageMod. I believe I read Barnacles and maybe Lithid went to the Nexus S because their passion is with AOSP or stock Android. Didn't know if anyone had any info on the direction of this Rom.

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
^^^^ First, let me say thank you for your service (veteran Marine)...assuming by your avatar. Anyhow, they are working on a ROM update...most likely an ICS version...at least that's what was stated somewhere in this thread. Let's just hope that they will.

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
^^^^ First, let me say thank you for your service (veteran Marine)...assuming by your avatar. Anyhow, they are working on a ROM update...most likely an ICS version...at least that's what was stated somewhere in this thread. Let's just hope that they will.

Thanks for the info. Two tour Army Veteran, 82nd Airborne. Thanks for your service as well.

Reactions: jamieg71

sag7392

Apr 20, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Thanks for the info. Two tour Army Veteran, 82nd Airborne. Thanks for your service as well.

Off topic, but as a veteran U.S. Marine I have much respect for the 82nd & 101st...tough as nails. I served with Security Force Co Charleston and Weapons Co 3/4 HMG Plt in the early 90's... MOS 0331/8152 machine gunner/special wpns guard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Salvagemod will not be coming back in that sense. That name isn't something we can use. I have however starting something else. A cooler else. Right now the name is GeekMod. It is stored under the GeekRom name on github.

https://github.com/GeekRom

I hope to get everything that I can get working for the evo so I can release this. If people are really interested, give this post a thanks. If there is more then enough interest, then for sure I will work extra hard to get this together for the evo. I agree it would be nice to get some "Salvagemod" back.

:silly:

Salvage-Mod Gingerbread

unledgao.png
    SalvageMod is a AOSP project developed by myself, Barnacles10, and echoside.
    This software is built from the Android open source project 2.3.5 branch.

We are offering 1.4 both odex and deodex. Keep in mind, most themers theme deodex ROMs.
    Make sure to choose what the google add-on that corresponds with your ROM choice.

See the changelog above or in ROM for detailed changes.

Big thanks goes out to Cyanogen and Team-Win for coming through with wimax.

Visit our github for source and credit for anything specific you're looking for in the build.

: Disclaimer :
    We are not responsible for any damage you do to your phone, or anything that results after using our software.
    Um, yeah, hate to burst your bubble, but we have a rather lengthy thread, several hundred pages in fact, for the gingerbread-evo-deck ROM on the VP forum. Not to mention the threads on Deck's ICS, Evervolv ICS, AOKP, MIUI, MikG, etc. We are also expanding the device forums which now includes EVO, EVO 3D, SGS II Epic 4G Touch, a Nook Color thread, & AsusTransformer/Prime discussions.
    You Salvaged guys are loyal, I'll give you that, but y'all really need to expand your horizons. :rolleyes: I'm not going to down this ROM, but it's lack of features that are now standard on many other ROMs have essentially left you guys in the dark ages for lack of a better term. And let's face it, with DarkTremors a2sd & the Firerat MTD partition resize Mod who is still really concerned with the the amount of internal storage left after flashing a ROM? Not me. ;)
    With all respect. There is cyanogenmod, then cyanogenmod ripoffs. This rom isn't made to mirror cyanogenmod. Never was and never will. No We have not worked on salvagemod, yet you can still run it safely without issue. If you want features, there is cyanogenmod. This rom is built to be slim. minimal. Sadly besides sense or miui, there are not maybe roms that are not CM based. Something we are proud of.

Thanks!
    Grabbing this one