[ROM] Mesmerize AOSP Froyo V0.9.1, Voodoo AOSP kernel, and GAPPS 3/20/2011

Search This thread

cloudstrife7

Apr 15, 2009
Working on my phone. Had to mess with the sync settings as mentioned here, but other than that I think things are working OK.

One thing I encountered is that I'm not able to download certain things from the Android market website because it can't verify what phone you have.

I believe it's a normal feature but if you select to enter you PIN as a lock screen, I have to swipe the rotary dial lockscreen first, is this the same for everyone? If anyone knows how to disable the first swipe and just have the pin come up fist, please send me a PM.

Last edited:

ual4720

Jan 6, 2011
Attempting to stream pandora, wont work. It is awesome though. Great job. Thank for all the hard work!

Sent from my SCH-I500

afritchen

Jul 14, 2010
Madison, WI
Loving it!

Youtube, flash and Pandora don't seem to work. Have had to uninstall/reinstall numerous apps...

Miss swype...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

afritchen

Jul 14, 2010
Madison, WI
swype beta

Ok, I did a bad, bad thing. I had a SwypeUpdate.zip file from awhile back. I flashed it.

So, it didn't work as far as getting Swype installed - all kinds of FC's.

Signed up for the Swype beta, downloaded installer and ran it. Says I need to uninstall previous version of Swype and retry. Ok.

Except, I can't uninstall it...not via Manage Applications or via Titanium Backup (free version, anyway) as it stops responding when I try.

Any suggestions?

*EDIT* I got it, just needed to delete the Swype.apk from system/app folder

Last edited:
Looks like a alpha release.

BluTooth is a must for me. The list of things that don't work has to much stuff to give up.

EB16 works flawlessly,everything works, but raw Android would be fun to play with.

Thanx for all your work tho, all you guys are 10th degree black belt Android wizards!:)

bdemartino

Jan 18, 2011
Midwest
BluTooth is a must for me. The list of things that don't work has to much stuff to give up.

EB16 works flawlessly,everything works, but raw Android would be fun to play with.

Thanx for all your work tho, all you guys are 10th degree black belt Android wizards!:)

Bluetooth works, just not headsets.... Definitely not an ALPHA ;), fun to play with for now until it's fixed. I have yet to run into an issue with it, the camera preview is black and white but the pics are still fine - haven't recieved an mms and that would be about the only thing that I would be missing for general use.

On a side note, GPS is kickass in this build - I used it a few times today and had no issues locking on

Last edited:

stephenj37826

Jan 17, 2009
How did you get video to play like youtube?
Bluetooth works, just not headsets.... Definitely not an ALPHA ;), fun to play with for now until it's fixed. I have yet to run into an issue with it, the camera preview is black and white but the pics are still fine - haven't recieved an mms and that would be about the only thing that I would be missing.

On a side note, GPS is kickass in this build - I used it a few times today and had no issues locking on

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

cloudstrife7

Apr 15, 2009
A strange issue I encountered was after I answered the phone and was talking to my friend I kept hearing a ringing. I asked him if he could hear it but I don't think he could. It has only happened once.

phillup

Nov 29, 2010
I had the same issue but I wasn't on my phone. I wasn't receiving a text or a call. It was a tone that I don't even use lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

phillup

Nov 29, 2010
Somebody did a *228 and lost their signal. I don't remember how I fixed it when I lost mine. Can anyone help? He flashed ea 11 and still no signal. Thanks in advance

Edit - fixed thanks to the guys in irc for pointing me to elijahblake who found the fix. Which is dailing 911.....seriously
Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:

Igotno

Dec 11, 2010
Maine
Im not able to transfer files from or to my PC don't even see the option.. No USB mass storage or Keys ???? Any ideas

lmartin92

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 2, 2011
Batesville
just pull the menu down from the top and see the "usb connected" and click it and connect your usb. AOSP does not have kies

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I AM IN NO WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DIRECTIONS YOU FOLLOW HERE NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PROBLEMS ANYTHING I HAVE CREATED MAY CAUSE YOU. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND DISCLAIM THE RIGHTS TO SUE ME.

NEW RELEASE 3/28/2011

OK, time for a simultaneous release of AOSP Showcase and Mesmerize, with AOSP voodoo kernels and a set of GAPPS that jt1134 has built for us.

First of all lets give thanks to those that helped me out and made this happen. Phidelt82, thanks for testing and hosting the downloads. Elijahblake, thanks for testing and sticking to it even through your phone troubles that the inbetween releases and original (yet buggy) release called. Thanks dfgas for testing as well, and getting me important Mesmerize files. Baked_Tator, thanks for testing it, you provided great help. MrHanMan, thanks for testing, you provided great help as well. Thanks to all other testers who I can not remember their names at this moment (PM me and you'll get put in this list). Thanks jt1134 for all the work you put in on the fascinate rom lately, you've had me playing catch up, because though I strive, I can't be as fast as you. Thanks to lmartin92, for dedicating time, energy, and learning through the entire experience and making these builds happen (that's me) :)

Now to the order of business, announcing this release. You mesmerize folks have waited for this for the longest, and now it's here. Mesmerize AOSP V0.9 is now ready and stable enough for it to be released. Yes some things are not working, but these are the things most folk can get along without.

What's working?
    Bluetooth (though headsets, and keyboards may not work), file sending has been tested by many and is claimed to be working.
    SMS is now working fully.
    3g is working.
    GPS is working.
    Wifi is working.
    Google contacts/gmail syncing is working (may require reboot or a bit of patience on your part).
    In call sound volume setting is working thanks to jt1134.
    It shows the proper company as to who is providing you services now.
    Much more is probably working, but I can't identify them all nor make claims as of yet.

What isn't working?
    Bluetooth headset.
    MMS.
    Video Camera.
    Camera does not work at 5mp and it uses black and white previews.
    Probably some other things, if you find them, let me know and I'll get to work fixing them.

Where can I get this?
    The Mesmerize AOSP V0.9 rom release is here.
    mirror
    and a torrent magnet link magnet:?xt=urn:btih:1e9f540c29f57bf952d205930302646b0305bddd&dn=mesmerize-aosp-latest.zip&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fopenbittorent.com%2Fannounce
    The EC10 AOSP voodoo kernel is here.
    The AOSP Gapps are here.

Use CWM Red to flash these in this order, kernel, rom, gapps. Anytime you flash the rom reflash gapps because the rom breaks gapps after reinstallation. Be sure to wipe data and cache before you reboot.
    WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT *228 unless you wish to possibly lose your phone!

What happened to the kernel being inside of the rom? I've decided to seperate them out, if someone wants a non-voodoo kernel, they can make one and use it. It does have to be customized for AOSP. I just don't know yet how to do this, but it shouldn't be too hard.
    In other words, I'm allowing folk to use different kernels than mine own if they care to put the work into it to make it happen.

I would like to donate to the cause.
    Glad to help you do that. I'm specifically looking to beef up my dev machine to a six core 16 GB ram beast. Of course, if anyone wants to participate in building, I'll actually donate some of my machine torwards a build server. These are the parts I would like to have, and I'm probably upgrading from 8GB 3core machine to a 12GB 3core machine next month (just modifying this sucker here).
    I need 2 sets of this memory to make my dream happen. It's a Mushkin 2x4 GB ddr3 1333 (10666) MHZ). The cpu I would like to see is a six core AMD Phenom II x6 1100T. No I don't expect anyone to provide me with this, but this is what I'm going to upgrade to eventually and try to donate back to the community with a Samsung galaxy s i500 build server. By the way, when making donations I'm not the only one to consider. All those fine folk listed above deserve it just as much or more so than me. Now enough with my dreams.

Enjoy AOSP.

Changes in 0.9.1
    Streaming issues kind of fixed (no hd youtube, but the rest seems to work).
    New GAPPS.
    New Kernel (EC10 from jt1134 which is a generic (works on all i500 devices to date) kernel)
    GMAIL/Contacts sync is fixed

For any questions, comments please join the IRC on #samsung-mesmerize on irc.freenode.net.
    For anyone with contact/gmail issues, reboot. That's fixed every one of my tester's problems. I just isn't going to work on first boot. Reflashing gapps will do nothing. It's the reboot's that's the key.
    Do not do *228. lmartin92 informed me that it is known to break phones with aosp.