[ROM][Official][otus] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G

Search This thread

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to otus. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
Official weekly builds
Lineage su addon

Changelog:
cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
squid2, LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
Last Updated 2017-01-26

curoid

Mar 3, 2015
Delhi
First of all awesome work!
I have just clean flashed the latest build without gapps on my Otus XT1506. I must say Rom is pretty smooth and animations are more smoother.
Working - Display, Wifi, front&back camera, audio, video playback, CMActions is also working.
Not working - RIL, video recording
About RIL- Sim cards are not detectable. Reinsertion also doesn't help.
Will be happy to test more builds.
177c6ab6e10a6f60212ddfd30642b2a4.jpg

Sent from my Moto E using XDA-Developers mobile app

Last edited:

DroidFreak32

Jul 24, 2013
Mangalore
Sony Xperia SP
Google Nexus 5
First of all awesome work!
I have just clean flashed the latest build without gapps on my Otus XT1506. I must say Rom is pretty smooth and animations are more smoother.
Working - Display, Wifi, front&back camera, audio, video playback, CMActions is also working.
Not working - RIL, video recording
About RIL- Sim cards are not detectable. Reinsertion also doesn't help.
Will be happy to test more builds.
It's mentioned in surnia's aosp 7 thread that aosp doesn't support dual SIM yet..

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
Sorry for little off topic (?)
I'm have a working device tree and kernel for condor (build successfully gets completed .. so I assume they're working ) what about vendor .. do I need to update it also ?
If yes .. how should I do it ?
Thanks
Any help is appreciated
BTW Thanks you very much for your work on otus !

Abhimanyu Shekhawat 121

Jun 8, 2014
Sorry for little off topic (?)
I'm have a working device tree and kernel for condor (build successfully gets completed .. so I assume they're working ) what about vendor .. do I need to update it also ?
If yes .. how should I do it ?
Thanks
Any help is appreciated
BTW Thanks you very much for your work on otus !
Sir squid already updated vendors check the sources....and sir squid will be bringing up n for condor(he almost did it ) so you may take rest now.

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
Sir squid already updated vendors check the sources....and sir squid will be bringing up n for condor(he almost did it ) so you may take rest now.
Thanks a lot ! I was too lazy to see updated vendor :p
Even if I build I'm not posting it on xda .. I build these roms for learning purposes only :good:
Thanks for informing that

Last edited:

auditore2025

Sep 13, 2016
RIL cuestion

The single SIM RIL included phone calles and gsm internet? Cause im getting signal but if i want to calle anyone the phone reboot :/ (sorry forma bad english)

sampath92

May 25, 2016
@squid2 You have mentioned that single sim works. Does it mean that one sim will work even on the dual sim version of otus, or does it mean that RIL for only single sim devices is working currently? I have a dual sim version so if one sim works, i would love to test this ROM out :D

I don't think so!! I am using Dual sim version (Xt1506) and Dual SIM RIL is broken.

Reactions: manal.21sinha

CruciformHawk7

Aug 8, 2014
Bangalore
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
@squid2 You have mentioned that single sim works. Does it mean that one sim will work even on the dual sim version of otus, or does it mean that RIL for only single sim devices is working currently? I have a dual sim version so if one sim works, i would love to test this ROM out :D

I have single SIM config, But even single SIM does not work. (XT1506)

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

Great work, @squid2 . I did try it out, Awesome smooth.
Eager to see future builds on this.

As mentioned, RIL is a lot buggy. In my case, Single SIM RIL did not work. Video Recording does not happen.
Also, I faced some problems with USB for file transfer, some folders weren't showing up on PC. Anyone else?

Reactions: manal.21sinha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

I have brought LineageOS 14.1 to otus. LineageOS is effectively a continuation of the CyanogenMod project. This is the thread for official weekly builds.

Downloads:
    Official weekly builds
    Lineage su addon

Changelog:
    cmxlog official nightly changelogs

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 14.1 for Moto E 3G (otus), ROM for the Moto E 2015

Contributors
    squid2, LuK1337
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2016-09-11
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    This may be a bigger change than just that, such as devices being dependent on individual developers, unable to rely on jenkins and other stuff so after Dec 31 no more cohesive runs of nighltys for all devices. We'll have to stay tuned.

More info: https://www.xda-developers.com/the-death-of-cyangenmod-and-whats-in-store-for-the-future/

The whole CyanogenMod development community is moving over to the Lineage fork. From a user perspective, the fork is effectively a name change to avoid conflict with Cyanogen trademarks. Our goal is to preserve backwards compatibility with CyanogenMod, so that you can upgrade (dirty flash) directly from CyanogenMod 14.1 to Lineage 14.1. We still intend to have official builds. However, given the end of corporate backing, there will likely be fewer build servers, and so we may be switching to weekly builds instead of nightly builds. I don't think that will be much of an inconvenience to users, as day to day changes are usually quite small.
    Official Nightlies

I have migrated the official nightly builds for otus and condor over to CM14.1. Expect to see the first builds some time tomorrow.
    September 14 Release

I've posted a new build with the latest CM sources. Apart from updating a few camera libraries to avoid linker hacks, I haven't changed much on the device specific end. However, there has been a fair bit of progress on CM 14 over the past few days. Most noteworthy is the merging of the Android 7.0.0 r6 tag that includes all the latest security and bug fixes from Google. Other noteworthy fixes include the setup wizard, and having LiveDisplay switch normally between day and night mode. I've also included a few legacy RIL related patches - I'm curious if these have any impact on Dual SIM devices. As usual, the download link is on the first post.

With regards to surnia, don't worry, I will be supporting you too. It just takes time - I can't do everything at once.
    December 7 Build

A new build is up on the first post. It's CM14.1, including Android 7.1.1. This build is stable enough for daily use.