FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,511 posts
Thanks Meter: 28,911

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2015, 03:54 PM |#10021  
Thanks Meter: 1,035

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriel5

07-28 12:17:21.514 E/ShellHelper(26320): Error >> cp: can't preserve ownership of '/storage/sdcard0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/temp/log_debug.txt': Operation not permitted

Bottom line (even literally in this case ) is that you get the same permission error as I did. Ownership can't be preserved on a FAT32 formatted sd-card, so the cp command has a faulty switch, I'd say.

HTC Desire CM7/2.3.7
[MiXplorer Skins Gallery] - [2015 DroidSeries Reboot]
The Following User Says Thank You to ltGuillaume For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ltGuillaume Ad-Free

28th July 2015, 09:22 PM |#10022  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Hello, I love your app and have been very content with it so I haven't checked the thread in a while. I'm on 5.10 and went to update to the current version and it seems to install as a separate app. Is there anyway to transfer my settings from the previous version to the current? And should I update to the most current or 5.3.7? I saw people were having root issues. Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to 12gage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 12gage Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 09:42 PM |#10023  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12gage

Hello, I love your app and have been very content with it so I haven't checked the thread in a while. I'm on 5.10 and went to update to the current version and it seems to install as a separate app. Is there anyway to transfer my settings from the previous version to the current? And should I update to the most current or 5.3.7? I saw people were having root issues. Thanks in advance.

Go to settings -> modify settings -> export. All your themes, bookmarks and setting are gonna be saved into a xml file. Now install the new MiXplorer version and open that xml, choose import and enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belyava For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift belyava Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 10:16 PM |#10024  
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

Go to settings -> modify settings -> export. All your themes, bookmarks and setting are gonna be saved into a xml file. Now install the new MiXplorer version and open that xml, choose import and enjoy

Sorry for correcting you, but it's a .micfg file, not xml.

Sent from my GT-S5360 (Galaxy Y)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to erriperry For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift erriperry Ad-Free
28th July 2015, 10:48 PM |#10025  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 264

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belyava

Quote:
Originally Posted by erriperry

Sweet!! Thank you both
29th July 2015, 05:45 AM |#10026  
Thanks Meter: 201

More
Where is our man these days
The Following User Says Thank You to sachin273 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sachin273 Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 07:43 AM |#10027  
Flag Odessa
Thanks Meter: 652

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erriperry

Yep, it's me being stupid again! Thanks
29th July 2015, 01:29 PM |#10028  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
it seems Hootan has very busy days...

- is it possible to add OGG support to media player?

- if media player could play musics shared in Telegram app? when I open a music file from Telegram with Mixplorer, I see "failed".
The Following User Says Thank You to aminima For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aminima Ad-Free
29th July 2015, 09:16 PM |#10029  
Thanks Meter: 290

More
A clarification on file permissions...,
@Mr Hootan.

I hope you could clarify something for me, it's regarding file permissions.
If, for example, I were to edit the build prop file on the fly, the permissions change from root/root to app#../sd....
I usually change this back to root/root before i reboot. I wonder if this step is necessary? I have attached the relevant pictures for illustration.

ps: This is hands down the best file explorer I have ever used. Very grateful for this application. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-30-04-14-20.png
Views:	816
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	3422707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-07-30-04-05-04.png
Views:	824
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	3422708  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madsurgeon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madsurgeon Ad-Free
30th July 2015, 06:08 AM |#10030  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
When my I open mixplorer, The default location is in SD card, how can I change it to internal memory?
30th July 2015, 07:52 AM |#10031  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 7,655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelestiel

When my I open mixplorer, The default location is in SD card, how can I change it to internal memory?

Go to Root then hold on the tab and select Set as default.

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsurgeon

@Mr Hootan.

I hope you could clarify something for me, it's regarding file permissions.
If, for example, I were to edit the build prop file on the fly, the permissions change from root/root to app#../sd....
I usually change this back to root/root before i reboot. I wonder if this step is necessary? I have attached the relevant pictures for illustration.

ps: This is hands down the best file explorer I have ever used. Very grateful for this application. Thank you.

No need to change it. I have app_87 & sdcard_rw and everything is working fine.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Primokorn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Primokorn Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)