[GUIDE] Z Ultra and Z1 HARD BRICK RECOVERY

Search This thread
@razek666 I refer to your post: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=61613371&postcount=490
My Z1 also has "no flashboot, fastboot, no blinking led, no nothing."
Would you kindly provide more detail on your procedure: "First, I use the s1 flashtool with the C6903 package, that allowed me to enable the charging mode in the phone. Then I charged it to 100%."
For, I also believe, that the dead and not charging battery is the cause of my problem (S1tool doesn't initiate the process of flashing anything).
Thanks in advance.

Did you do the hardware reset your phone? (test pin)

Last edited:

CoruNethron

Sep 7, 2013
Z1 ocasionally bricked

Hi, all. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Yesterday i want to flash an image file for cubieboard to microSD and decided to do it from z1 phone, as i can't find microSD to SD adapter.
I launched this command from terminal emulator (do not ever repeat it):
Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/image.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0

It must be mmcblk1, but i make mistake and executed with mmcblk0.
So, i think all partitions and data on internal storage was destroyed, and i got bricked my z1.

I tried to follow instruction from first post in this thread, except, that i not yet disassembled my phone. Instead of clip connecting test point with the GND i just holding red button near SIM for >= 120 seconds, after that phone recognized as "sOmc flash device" when plugging USB and holding "Vol down".

I've tried to flash APP file for my device (c6903) and got this:
Code:
22.09.2015 3:14:11 WRITING PACKAGES ...
22.09.2015 3:14:11 MINOR ERROR [ Invalid_TA, err: 0016 ]

Then i've tried to make "TA_unbrick.SYN_FILE_SET" from my own TA backup, but get the same error as above.

Tell me, please, is it necessary to disassembly phone, or no need for this as long as PC recognizes phone as "sOmc flash device"?
May be any suggestions?

Thank you.

Updated:
After disassembly and testpoint witchcraft - the result is the same "Invalid_TA, err: 0016" when trying to upload APP file or my own TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET. Need help.

Last edited:

CoruNethron

Sep 7, 2013
Remove the back cover and enable test point

Enviado desde mi D6633 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you for reply. As i mentioned in "update", i already diassembled phone and have acceess to test point, but even, when i connecting testpoint to GND and disconnecting it as "s1tool" asks - i still getting same error.
I think, that it may be caused by Win7x64, so i'm trying to find any WinXPx86 PC to check that. I can't install WinXP on my own PC, cause my HDD's are GPT instead of MBR. So, i'll keep you informed.

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
You are doing something wrong, ask for help in your house. It's too difficult to do it alone

CoruNethron

Sep 7, 2013
You are doing something wrong, ask for help in your house. It's too difficult to do it alone

Finally i tested all the procedure on WinXPx86, but no luck. Same "Invalid_TA; Err:0016" Error.

Steps, that i trying to do:
Code:
Launch s1tool
select S1 MSM8974 EMERGENCY
select "flash" / point to *.SIN_FILE_SET file for c6903 (it's my xperia z1 model) or TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET made with tool, mentioned in first post
press "testpoint ready"
Connect test point on phone with big metal ground on phone
plug in USB (SEMC flash device appears in device manager on Win XP (it was SOMC flash device in Win7))
s1tool writes: "will use Sahara protocol" and asks to disconnect testpoint
disconnect test point and press "testpoint ready"
s1tool writes many ID's and hashes and then: MINOR ERROR [ Invalid_TA, Err: 0016 ]

There is no point where i need another pair of hands. Also, i can mention, that red led never blinks on my phone.
Any suggestions on what to do now are very appreciated, before i try to find another c6903 z1 and assemble JTAG.

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
You are doing something wrong, ask for another pair of hands and do it carefully

Enviado desde mi SGP611 mediante Tapatalk

sachinss1979

Sep 10, 2015
Mumbai
Tool for converting TA.img to TA_unbrick.SYN_FILE_SET

Since I bricked my TA I was not able to repair TA by using gdfs, do not know why, but I created tool for unbricking TA partition, TA backup is required to get tool working! Here is tool for all who have TA.img and bricked TA partition inside phone, tool will convert your TA.img to TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET so you can easily repair your TA partition and flash the rest of firmware, enjoy! ;) Windows 32 bit is required!

How to use:
- put TA.img to the same folder
- run ta_gen.bat
it created 2.ta not TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
It should, as long you know the test point and have the emergency package to flash

chauhanjayc

Feb 22, 2011
Ahmedabad - India
Can you help plz

@Uncle Lucifer @munjeni
I AM attaching my ta back up can you please help
imei : 35566605xxxxxxxx
as i am confused attaching all back ups
plz help thanks

also can any one tell me which file to use to create xx.sin_file_set i mean i have firmware downloaded and decripted but confused which file to rename and use on s1 tool

urgent help would be solace thanks thanks thanks

kindly note i have used img2ta convert tool also flashed created file but phone is not responding just showing me red blinking
luckly phone still connect in test point mod

Attachments

• TA-backup-20141227.035215.zip
    149.5 KB · Views: 59
  • TA-backup-20150316.124101.zip
    176.4 KB · Views: 45
  • TA-backup-20141031.114257.zip
    170 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Deepskillz

Sep 14, 2012
THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR HARD BRICKED DEVICES.
HARD BRICK MEANS NO FLASHMODE AND NO FASTBOOT.
IN ORDER TO PROCEED DISASSEMBLY OF YOUR DEVICE IS REQUIRED.
IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY,STOP READING THIS, GO THE SONY SERVICE AND PLAY STUPID.
AS AFTER OPENING YOUR DEVICE, YOUR WARRANTY IS 100% VOID.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Let's get started.
1. Download tools.7z from attachments and pack for your device.
2. Install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe
3. Open the back cover of your device.
4. Find the test point (See attachments).
5. Disconnect a battery, connect a usb cable. LED RED will start to blink.
6. Using the paper clip connect your test point with the GND. I used the metal shield in the middle of the motherboard.
7. Open the device manager, you should see SEMC Flash Device. If no, you did something wrong.
8. Disconnect your phone from computer.
9, Repeat the step 5.
10.Run the s1tool and select S1 MSM8974 EMERGENCY for the phone type.
11. Press the flash button, and choice the APP file for your device.
12. Press testpoint ready and repeat the step 6.
13. Remove the testpoint and press READY, when program will ask you to do so.
14. If flash was successful, you may disconnect your phone from usb, connect your battery and try to boot.You may have to charge your battery.
15. Now you can flash your device normally using software.

P.S.
I was not be able to flash on windows 8 64bit, but I flashed without problems on XP.

I would like to thank:

the_laser for making the software.

myevilface from support.setool.net for finding testpoint for c69xx.

and my poor Z Ultra which I sacrificed trying to find the test point :(
Actually I finished him when I wanted to fix audio jack.
Was to happy that my device is fixed and damaged the screen connector :D

UPDATE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I helped you to save money, you can buy me a beer or two, which is cheaper than a new motherboard. :)

Damn it man!
You just saved me from an IPhone! :D

Many thanks from germany.

moses_dx

Aug 23, 2014
You should be able to bring it back to life. What are you having problems with? The process is quite simple, you just need another pair of hands when enabling test point and connecting to computer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS TUTORIAL IS ONLY FOR HARD BRICKED DEVICES.
    HARD BRICK MEANS NO FLASHMODE AND NO FASTBOOT.
    IN ORDER TO PROCEED DISASSEMBLY OF YOUR DEVICE IS REQUIRED.
    IF YOU HAVE WARRANTY,STOP READING THIS, GO THE SONY SERVICE AND PLAY STUPID.
    AS AFTER OPENING YOUR DEVICE, YOUR WARRANTY IS 100% VOID.
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE.
    YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.

Let's get started.
    1. Download tools.7z from attachments and pack for your device.
    2. Install ggsetup-3.0.0.7.exe
    3. Open the back cover of your device.
    4. Find the test point (See attachments).
    5. Disconnect a battery, connect a usb cable. LED RED will start to blink.
    6. Using the paper clip connect your test point with the GND. I used the metal shield in the middle of the motherboard.
    7. Open the device manager, you should see SEMC Flash Device. If no, you did something wrong.
    8. Disconnect your phone from computer.
    9, Repeat the step 5.
    10.Run the s1tool and select S1 MSM8974 EMERGENCY for the phone type.
    11. Press the flash button, and choice the APP file for your device.
    12. Press testpoint ready and repeat the step 6.
    13. Remove the testpoint and press READY, when program will ask you to do so.
    14. If flash was successful, you may disconnect your phone from usb, connect your battery and try to boot.You may have to charge your battery.
    15. Now you can flash your device normally using software.

P.S.
    I was not be able to flash on windows 8 64bit, but I flashed without problems on XP.

I would like to thank:

the_laser for making the software.

myevilface from support.setool.net for finding testpoint for c69xx.

and my poor Z Ultra which I sacrificed trying to find the test point :(
    Actually I finished him when I wanted to fix audio jack.
    Was to happy that my device is fixed and damaged the screen connector :D

UPDATE:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If I helped you to save money, you can buy me a beer or two, which is cheaper than a new motherboard. :)

Since I bricked my TA I was not able to repair TA by using gdfs, do not know why, but I created tool for unbricking TA partition, TA backup is required to get tool working! Here is tool for all who have TA.img and bricked TA partition inside phone, tool will convert your TA.img to TA_unbrick.SIN_FILE_SET so you can easily repair your TA partition and flash the rest of firmware, enjoy! ;) Windows machine is required!

How to use:
    - put TA.img to the same folder
    - run ta_gen.exe
    D
    Deleted member 3665957
    @bejibx:

i'm assuming that your problem is because you wrote foreign trim area into your phone.
    if your phone have damaged trim area ( format/rewrite trim area partition ) - phone is brick.

but if not, then using View attachment s1tool.zip
    Maybe stupid question : Do you think with this testpoint mode there is a way of unlocking Bootlader although it is not permitted by the provider?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

There is option to unlock boot, and it asks to do the testpoint trick, but I did not test it,as mine bootloader is unlocked and screen is dead now. :)
    So who else thinks this thread should be featued on the portal?
    Ive already submitted via the news tip button and pmed @SammiSaysHello since she writes alot of xperia articles.