[RECOVERY]TWRP-3.3.1-2 for Lenovo Vibe K6 /Power/plus/Note (karate/karatep)

Search This thread

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

DOWNLOADS:

Lenovo k33

Lenovo k53

HOW TO FLASH (fastboot method):
  • Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
  • Code:
    fastboot -i 0x17ef flash recovery twrp.img
  • Code:
    fastboot oem reboot-recovery

CREDITS:
  • TeamWin
  • CyanogenMod/Lineage Android
  • Hyper

Last edited:

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
Last edited:

mukesht

Mar 24, 2015
Yes, I tried with both recoveries from: http://karthick111.me/k6/twrp/ but in both cases I end up with a black screen. SevenMaxs recoveries work fine but they won't let me flash Lineage 14.1 as Error 7 always shows up :(

In that case extract the zip also extract system.new.dat to system.img then flash boot.img and system.img using fastboot mode. It should boot you successfully in lineageos,but you may face an issue if your device is encrypted. Lineage will not able to decrypt it and you need to erase userdata.
Try it on your own risk but first make the proper twrp backup.best luck.

dressand

Oct 9, 2014
Installing TWRP 3.1 on the k6 vibe (k33b36) causes the black screen to go into recovery. I had to restore the previous one by fastboot. Any solution? :crying:

wencesbanger

May 16, 2017
São Paulo
TWRP 3.1 is up & brazil variant k33b36,37 who had black screen issues is now fixed enjoy :)

(Sorry, my english, I'm from Brazil and here we speak portuguese :D )
Thanks karthick mostwanted for solved the problem with TWRP in k33b36, but... :(

After flashed the custom rom, every setting in the new OS, smiling e text to everybody " I defeated the Lenovo OS" :silly: when mobile turns off the screen, there is no lock screen, there is a black screen and I need to restart it holding the on/off button.

Others things seems it works fine.

I flashed AOSP Extended and LineageOS both with android 7.1.2 and they have the same problem...

Device info: Lenovo Vibe K6 - K33b36
32GB internal storage (with 8GB :mad: to Lenovo OS)
2GB RAM

Another thing: in TWRP 3.1 I cannot wipe internal storage, just Cache, Dalvik, Data, System. Is this right?

Again, thanks for the great job and I hope for a solution.

Karthick Chandran

Mar 23, 2014
Chennai
(Sorry, my english, I'm from Brazil and here we speak portuguese :D )
Thanks karthick mostwanted for solved the problem with TWRP in k33b36, but... :(

After flashed the custom rom, every setting in the new OS, smiling e text to everybody " I defeated the Lenovo OS" :silly: when mobile turns off the screen, there is no lock screen, there is a black screen and I need to restart it holding the on/off button.

Others things seems it works fine.

I flashed AOSP Extended and LineageOS both with android 7.1.2 and they have the same problem...

Device info: Lenovo Vibe K6 - K33b36
32GB internal storage (with 8GB :mad: to Lenovo OS)
2GB RAM

Another thing: in TWRP 3.1 I cannot wipe internal storage, just Cache, Dalvik, Data, System. Is this right?

Again, thanks for the great job and I hope for a solution.

Try latest lineage there won't be black screen issues & with aosp extended wait for next update to get the issues solved

Reactions: wencesbanger

Top Liked Posts