tinyurl.com
Jarmez2.png

ADDITIONS

Disclaimer
Please read this disclaimer

XDA Developers Mantra
Please read the XDA MANTRA post
In addition
  • Any disrespectful conduct in my threads will be reported without hesitation.
  • If you do not like how long I am taking to deliver something please help me help you by contributing something worthwhile and "helpful" to the thread.
  • Being helpful speeds things up
  • Being disrespectful where I respond to your rude behaviour either directly in a post a report to mods or a PM to your self will only slow me down

Attention!
Always do a clockwork recovery / Nandroid backup before you flash any developer creation
  • [GUIDE]READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU FORGOT TO DO A BACKUP AND YOU F*%#ED UP!!
    If you have recovery but your phone has issues; it doesn't boot or bootloops and you forgot to do a Nandroid backup before flashing please read this post to help get you back on the right track it might just save your day

• [GUIDE]SUFFERING FROM MD5 MISMATCH ERROR? TRYING RESTORE SOMETHING FROM RECOVERY?
    How to se your PC and the tools outlined in this guide to fix your Nandroid backup!

Thanks to my sources:
  • XDA Developers
    for getting me here. I have learnt so much from this place!
  • pawtip & co
    without you SGS would be left in the dust....but now you give us an awesome lease of life again, far better than what samsung could have done! Awesome work man
  • cyanogenMod & CM9 team
    for their work in CM7 and CM9 - pulling appart a CM7 build taught me a lot about ROM'ing and development
  • OneCosmic/SGSICS/PaulForde
    for the RC 4.2 for the cleanest ("unkanged" for me to kang)code base for this ROM - without a doubt you guys have been professional towards making an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Samsung Galaxy S and variants
  • MyUI ICS [barome]for what sparked my interest in developing after making an ICS from that was almost what I wanted. It was that "almost" that inspired me to dig a bit further cause I wanted to tweak just a few things on your when I was using it....those tweaks made me think I bet there are other forum members that would want this too? and that inspired me to build this ROM along with the Samsung Apps addon
  • Perka & Zatta
    Perka for his graphical battery animation (now retired) found in this thread Zatta for his scripting techniques (used in Perka's installation) that assisted me
  • asianbobo15 (who ever are?)
    for your Gingerbread T-Mob wifi calling froyo patch discovered on DarkyROM forum
  • dsixda
    for his totally awesome ROM kitchen!! Thanks man I owe you heaps! kitchen thanks
  • denverg; coldflid
    Their themeing techniques using apktool thanks
  • darkyy, Comnam90, ficeto, Dazznuts200
    from DarkyROM thanks
  • shane6374
    for the cool pull down notification animations for SGSICS RC 4.2 that I have used for a base in my ROM, thanks
  • m1keyb
    for use of his stunning Themed ICS clock in my ROM (this battery chewing monster has now been retired but re-used his images)
  • the1dynasty
    for use of his transparent Gmail widget as a base for me to improve on
  • sashusmom, casper200519, mike1986., akapaul26
    for their useful information and dedication to getting wifi calling functioning and working on ICS for HTC
  • fardjad
    alone just for making his app available to all those suffering wifi woes on ICS. Thanks mate :)You and your Cousin You're both a real asset to this community
  • F4k
    for for his 720p video recording support on ICS for samsung
  • PaulForde
    Your a deadset champion! I cannot thank you enough for the amount of support you have given me through this. I oew you big time! Thanks for the kernel updates man really appreciated! :)
Downloads

Only approved mirrors will be posted in this OP. If a host is down and you've managed to snag recent version before things went pear-shaped on the net and wish to help...then feel free to re-host my ROM; but please message me the link so I can include it in here;)

Testing downloads!!!! ONLY Do not ***** if your phone burns up in a smouldering heap. Understand the rules of XDA. I am becoming slightly intolerable to n00bs that cannot read.

**EXTRA INFO** READ THIS- If your phone does not have a kernel that supports FM radio then the Radio packages WILL NOT WORK! Please use spirit FM if that is the case.

1. AKOP_test1 - the same apks but with the Samsung Apps apk relocated to system/app
2. AKOP_Test2 - All ICS touchwiz Galaxy SII versions of the same apks and .so files but with Samsung Apps apk moved to system/app
3. Sams as version 1 however apk still located in data/app but symlinked to system/app (tricking 4.04 that it is actually residing in system)

4. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks (including TW ICS framework)with no FM radio and Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink

5. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks (including TW ICS framework)with FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 1

6. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks with (including TW ICS framework)FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 2

7. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks with (including TW ICS framework)FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 3

8. Same as version 1 with all Gingerbread Galaxy SII apks (tried and tested and working on my ICS) however with FM radio from JW1, Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with the gingerbread radio module

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Version 3.0**UPDATED 16/04** This download works for standard Samsung Apps Market Place on ICS...no radio no anything else

Alternative Download if google one is out of bandwidth

https://public.bay.livefilestore.co...JRFvfNv3iDGmA8yoCJGP_Au_s7HTbMg/download2.png

Appreciation
If you like what I have created
Click the thanks button it looks like this:D
Thanks.png

If you REALLY want to contribute to a good cause please consider making a donation to find a cure. I was diagnosed with this incurable disease narcolepsy about a year and a half ago. There a millions suffering with this world wide, people, dogs, cats, horses etc.
help find a cure for Narcolepsy

donations to the Narcolepsy link above are not directly connected to me and I do not recieve any money from this, however you will be helping scientists and researchers help ALL sufferes. Please PM me if you have donated so I can add your name on the list. Thanks

If you like what I have done personally and would like to contribute feel free to send me a donation to my paypal account - however this is certainly by no obligation. Install my ROM and enjoy

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-18-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-18-57.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7,568
  • Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-22-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-22-45.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 7,109
  • Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-23-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-01-18-07-23-18.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 6,650
Last edited:

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
awesome!!!

but i would give it another name: SamsunGAPPS (SGAPPS)

This way people know it's not only samsungs appstore, what we already hat. It's like google apps, but with all samsungapps.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
Links are up fellas check it out and report any bugs in the install and contact me if you want to help out with getting this Samsung package to synch propery. We like ASOP but we also originated on Samsung and samsung IS great...I mean check out the games that we get for free for being samsung users. Fantastic!

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
magic

this looks exciting....

I've seen several requests for TW and Samsung Apps in various forums ( lippol / adventure etc ) so this is an exciting development !

I assume this can only be used with a kernel / build with init.d support as you have engaged Romanbb's sqlite and bootscript in init.d ???

I'm on Der Teufel Devil Kernel, have used Glitch and standard before on TeamHacksung's CM9 ICS.

What kernel do you suggest ?
Will this work on TeamHacksung ICS v 14 ?

Good luck as you progress - it's impressive to see all the learning ( and teaching ) and development on ICS.

My old SGS has a new life !!

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
this looks exciting....

I've seen several requests for TW and Samsung Apps in various forums ( lippol / adventure etc ) so this is an exciting development !

I assume this can only be used with a kernel / build with init.d support as you have engaged Romanbb's sqlite and bootscript in init.d ???

I'm on Der Teufel Devil Kernel, have used Glitch and standard before on TeamHacksung's CM9 ICS.

What kernel do you suggest ?
Will this work on TeamHacksung ICS v 14 ?

Good luck as you progress - it's impressive to see all the learning ( and teaching ) and development on ICS.

My old SGS has a new life !!

The boot script is the part required for synching the profiles for FB and Twitter etc.

Everything else should run on and Samsung Galaxy S running Ice cream Sandwich running any kernel. No restrictions.....only ICS (due to its installation location) and the build requirements.

If you are running ICS build 14 I will assume that it has a different build prop details so can you tell me your about phone details and I will update the installation to include those details for you all. Thats the beauty about Dropbox. No re-uploading more and more links. Just leave it the same. Dev and then post a change log :)

Tilgi

Nov 13, 2007
Frankfurt
Hey thanks for your work :)
Is there a way to only provide the Samsung Appstore without the rest?
Don't want to bloat my phone only to use the Samsung Appstore...
If you would provide a package with only that in (so to say a lite version) I would be so grateful :)

Thanks in advance...

kashortiexda

Jan 12, 2011
build.prop

The boot script is the part required for synching the profiles for FB and Twitter etc.

Everything else should run on and Samsung Galaxy S running Ice cream Sandwich running any kernel. No restrictions.....only ICS (due to its installation location) and the build requirements.

If you are running ICS build 14 I will assume that it has a different build prop details so can you tell me your about phone details and I will update the installation to include those details for you all. Thats the beauty about Dropbox. No re-uploading more and more links. Just leave it the same. Dev and then post a change log :)

here you go build.prop - hope this helps

Last edited:

Vogie

Aug 25, 2010
I just want that widget shows facebook and twitter event. that was pink color and filled 4x4 home screen from samsung's rom.
I don't remmember name of the widget.
dose it work too ? or u know waht the name is?

awandroid89

Jul 23, 2011
Somewhere in XDA
if all samsung application from SGS2 ICS can be port to SGS ICS including touchwiz4 it should be great...and we can prove to samsung that SGS also can get a ICS too..:D:D

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
Hi,

This is really a very nice work.
I wonder if it includes the original Samsung dialer ?

because I need the video call feature of Samsung and it's not available on ICS dialer.

strickyy

Jan 8, 2011
Hi,

This is really a very nice work.
I wonder if it includes the original Samsung dialer ?

because I need the video call feature of Samsung and it's not available on ICS dialer.

I don't think ICS supports native videocalls at all, that's why there's gtalk for example, which also offers much better quallity.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
flashed it and there is no difference. i already had samsungapps cause i'm using miui samsung apps quite a while now on every ics rom:

https://rapidshare.com/files/2660856608/SamsungApps_MiUi.zip

so there is only samsung apps, no new synch options at all. maybe cause i'm using rc3 from stock plus?

Build prop please :)

That Samsung apps package will bootloop your phone to hell I think? If its the sa,e one that I downloaded then yes it will....it will want to half way change your phone back to Gingerbread LOL.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Jarmez2.png

ADDITIONS

Disclaimer
    Please read this disclaimer

XDA Developers Mantra
    Please read the XDA MANTRA post
    In addition
    • Any disrespectful conduct in my threads will be reported without hesitation.
    • If you do not like how long I am taking to deliver something please help me help you by contributing something worthwhile and "helpful" to the thread.
    • Being helpful speeds things up
    • Being disrespectful where I respond to your rude behaviour either directly in a post a report to mods or a PM to your self will only slow me down

Attention!
    Always do a clockwork recovery / Nandroid backup before you flash any developer creation
    • [GUIDE]READ THE FOLLOWING IF YOU FORGOT TO DO A BACKUP AND YOU F*%#ED UP!!
      If you have recovery but your phone has issues; it doesn't boot or bootloops and you forgot to do a Nandroid backup before flashing please read this post to help get you back on the right track it might just save your day

• [GUIDE]SUFFERING FROM MD5 MISMATCH ERROR? TRYING RESTORE SOMETHING FROM RECOVERY?
      How to se your PC and the tools outlined in this guide to fix your Nandroid backup!

Thanks to my sources:
    • XDA Developers
      for getting me here. I have learnt so much from this place!
    • pawtip & co
      without you SGS would be left in the dust....but now you give us an awesome lease of life again, far better than what samsung could have done! Awesome work man
    • cyanogenMod & CM9 team
      for their work in CM7 and CM9 - pulling appart a CM7 build taught me a lot about ROM'ing and development
    • OneCosmic/SGSICS/PaulForde
      for the RC 4.2 for the cleanest ("unkanged" for me to kang)code base for this ROM - without a doubt you guys have been professional towards making an Ice Cream Sandwich ROM for Samsung Galaxy S and variants
    • MyUI ICS [barome]for what sparked my interest in developing after making an ICS from that was almost what I wanted. It was that "almost" that inspired me to dig a bit further cause I wanted to tweak just a few things on your when I was using it....those tweaks made me think I bet there are other forum members that would want this too? and that inspired me to build this ROM along with the Samsung Apps addon
    • Perka & Zatta
      Perka for his graphical battery animation (now retired) found in this thread Zatta for his scripting techniques (used in Perka's installation) that assisted me
    • asianbobo15 (who ever are?)
      for your Gingerbread T-Mob wifi calling froyo patch discovered on DarkyROM forum
    • dsixda
      for his totally awesome ROM kitchen!! Thanks man I owe you heaps! kitchen thanks
    • denverg; coldflid
      Their themeing techniques using apktool thanks
    • darkyy, Comnam90, ficeto, Dazznuts200
      from DarkyROM thanks
    • shane6374
      for the cool pull down notification animations for SGSICS RC 4.2 that I have used for a base in my ROM, thanks
    • m1keyb
      for use of his stunning Themed ICS clock in my ROM (this battery chewing monster has now been retired but re-used his images)
    • the1dynasty
      for use of his transparent Gmail widget as a base for me to improve on
    • sashusmom, casper200519, mike1986., akapaul26
      for their useful information and dedication to getting wifi calling functioning and working on ICS for HTC
    • fardjad
      alone just for making his app available to all those suffering wifi woes on ICS. Thanks mate :)You and your Cousin You're both a real asset to this community
    • F4k
      for for his 720p video recording support on ICS for samsung
    • PaulForde
      Your a deadset champion! I cannot thank you enough for the amount of support you have given me through this. I oew you big time! Thanks for the kernel updates man really appreciated! :)
    Downloads

Only approved mirrors will be posted in this OP. If a host is down and you've managed to snag recent version before things went pear-shaped on the net and wish to help...then feel free to re-host my ROM; but please message me the link so I can include it in here;)

Testing downloads!!!! ONLY Do not ***** if your phone burns up in a smouldering heap. Understand the rules of XDA. I am becoming slightly intolerable to n00bs that cannot read.

**EXTRA INFO** READ THIS- If your phone does not have a kernel that supports FM radio then the Radio packages WILL NOT WORK! Please use spirit FM if that is the case.

1. AKOP_test1 - the same apks but with the Samsung Apps apk relocated to system/app
    2. AKOP_Test2 - All ICS touchwiz Galaxy SII versions of the same apks and .so files but with Samsung Apps apk moved to system/app
    3. Sams as version 1 however apk still located in data/app but symlinked to system/app (tricking 4.04 that it is actually residing in system)

4. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks (including TW ICS framework)with no FM radio and Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink

5. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks (including TW ICS framework)with FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 1

6. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks with (including TW ICS framework)FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 2

7. Same as version 2 with all ICS apks with (including TW ICS framework)FM radio ICS Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with radio module test 3

8. Same as version 1 with all Gingerbread Galaxy SII apks (tried and tested and working on my ICS) however with FM radio from JW1, Samsung Apps in data/app no symlink but with the gingerbread radio module

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Version 3.0**UPDATED 16/04** This download works for standard Samsung Apps Market Place on ICS...no radio no anything else

Alternative Download if google one is out of bandwidth

https://public.bay.livefilestore.co...JRFvfNv3iDGmA8yoCJGP_Au_s7HTbMg/download2.png

Appreciation
    If you like what I have created
    Click the thanks button it looks like this:D
    Thanks.png

If you REALLY want to contribute to a good cause please consider making a donation to find a cure. I was diagnosed with this incurable disease narcolepsy about a year and a half ago. There a millions suffering with this world wide, people, dogs, cats, horses etc.
    help find a cure for Narcolepsy

donations to the Narcolepsy link above are not directly connected to me and I do not recieve any money from this, however you will be helping scientists and researchers help ALL sufferes. Please PM me if you have donated so I can add your name on the list. Thanks

If you like what I have done personally and would like to contribute feel free to send me a donation to my paypal account - however this is certainly by no obligation. Install my ROM and enjoy
    I got it working...

Fianlly I got it working.

Download the attached zp. It's flashable but I didn't flash it through CWM. Just copy the files into their respective folders through Root Explorer or any other you got. It's very easy to figure out where the files should copied if you look into the folder structure of zp. Then set the appropriate permissions (again I did it with Root Explorer.) and reboot. Ta da. It's done.

Disclaimer: Apply it at your own risk.

Good luck.

It'll crash for the first time but will work like a charm after that. I did it on Onecosmic RC2.11.
    Hi guys,

Samsung Market doesn't work with Gummy ROM 1.2 :(
    Is it possible to update this ?

Bye.
    Samsung apps on aosp is all about touchwiz.xml in /system/etc/permissions ; SamsungApps.apk and SamsungAppsUNAService.apk in /system/app ; twframework-res.apk and twframework.jar in /system/framework.
    So if you only want Samsung apps just flash this:
    http://db.tt/7vGmfWN1
    so am i right in saying that i can flash the attached zip?

Please read the post above. flashable zips linked in the OP will be the ones to try. So yes just flash via recovery.

Docs Rom by vibranturk has working Samsung apps if that helps ..its somehow integrated into their framework or build.prop

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=21328598

Already communicating with Vibranturk about testing for my facebook sync.

I had all of this working in my own ROM (and even long before I released my ROM for everyone else)...I just wanted to create this package and release it for all others to use that were on any ICS ROM. Saves people downloading an entire ROM when this was the only feature they wanted and they were happy with the ROM they are using. I saves them needing to change ROMs just for Samsung apps and gives them with what ever ICS they feel ;)

Hense I am still encouraging testing and feedback....who wants to be going and RootExplorering and placing files every time they flash a ROM? I certainly don't! And titanium backup won't restore all components...nor will Nandroid unless they advance restore their previous "system" which kind of defeats the purpose of flashing a new ROM doesn't it? Its just easier if I get feedback (detailed ....not just "Oh it doesn't work") so I can provide something fo rthe community that will get used ;)
    Being able to run Samsung apps and bloatware is a downgrade if you ask me...

Why call it a upgrade?