Moto G MTP USB Problem- Fixed!

Search This thread

classic757

Apr 15, 2013
Moto G Verizon CDMA version- xt1028:

I recently purchased a Verizon prepaid Moto G. Really like this phone. Big problem though, when I plug the phone into my Windows 7 64-bit HP laptop I cannot get the device to connect. I get a "Device driver was not successfully installed" error. In other words, MTP USB failed. I have Motorola Device Manager installed on my laptop. I have researched this issue on the internet and lots of people have experienced this problem, albeit with different phones and devices, but the same problem nevertheless. Some have found a solution and some have not. I have tried quite a few fixes, but to no avail. Still can't get my phone to connect.

It's funny though, because I can get my phone into fastboot mode with ADB on my laptop, and I even get the serial number for my phone on ADB. But phone does not follow commands in ADB. Only I get the "waiting for device" error and then after about five minutes the phone normal reboots.
What gives?
Anyone experiencing this with Verizon xt1028 or any Moto G?
Need help! :(

P.S. Okay guys, @mikesoftwiz has posted a fix for this problem, and it works! Check it out: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1115366

Last edited:

Clarkiieh

Mar 13, 2013
OnePlus 6T
I had this issue, don't know what I really did to fix but I connected the phone to PC, and uninstalled device drivers for it.
As well as moto drivers in uninstall a programme. If that doesn't work I dont know how to help

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: classic757

classic757

Apr 15, 2013

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had this issue, don't know what I really did to fix but I connected the phone to PC, and uninstalled device drivers for it.
    As well as moto drivers in uninstall a programme. If that doesn't work I dont know how to help

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app