[AOKP][JB] Xperia T - KangXperiaProject - [milestone 1 - R3]

Search This thread

tilal6991

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 25, 2010
The same stuff that doesn't on CM. So camera, audion routing Bluetooth.

Sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk 2

crazymister

Sep 18, 2010
Almere
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Thanks for doing that :good:

I'm quite lucky in that case coming from the Galaxy S2 which was the original device to get it trialled on. Check out the Introducing Original Development Forums post which gives a good breakdown of what is to be put in each section. Something like official CM10 would class as original development or Paranoid Android from the PA team. Kang's unfortunately do not class as original development unless you build this from the ground up. Hopefully you'll get what I mean from the portal post I've included :)

Thanks again :)

Just my 2 cents but I think it might be helpful for a lot of other developers too to know what is original development and what not.

Maybe make a sticky of that?

Did I help? Then please don't forget to press the thanks button.

Is your question solved? Then mark your question solved in your title.

Sent from my Xperia T using XDA Premium.

Last edited:

trojan92

Jan 27, 2011
build5 released

also new gapps linked on OP

Installed this rom, still testing it, will reply back later if I find any faults

Edit; one problem I found was that the camera can only take pictures in 5MP..
Wifi works, I'm able to download from Google Play and browse the web.

Edit2; Found some other bugs, when you silence your alarm, the laucher stops responding, you can't download files from the net or send them through Whatsapp, also, waking the phone from sleep results in the launcher freezing.

Edit3; Found some more bugs, one is that I'm unable to take screenshots, I can click the screenshot button but it says it failed to save it, another possible bug is the high ram usage, even with nothing running in the background, I'm seeing ram usage of 430mb and sometimes more.

Last edited:

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Installed this rom, still testing it, will reply back later if I find any faults

Edit3; Found some more bugs, one is that I'm unable to take screenshots, I can click the screenshot button but it says it failed to save it, another possible bug is the high ram usage, even with nothing running in the background, I'm seeing ram usage of 430mb and sometimes more.

Shot in the dark here, but I had something similar happen (camera shots too) on CM at first. Once I formatted internal SD (I did a device reset) it worked. If you do that be.sure to back up your internal storage first... Might not help you since pics seem to work for you but worth a shot.

Also, someone in one of these threads mentioned having completely clean memory internal and external when loading a new ROM. I may try that out and see if it helps with my CM experience.

Sent from low orbit on my unbranded XPERIA T

championswimmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 22, 2011
New Delhi
android.championswimmer.tk
Shot in the dark here, but I had something similar happen (camera shots too) on CM at first. Once I formatted internal SD (I did a device reset) it worked. If you do that be.sure to back up your internal storage first... Might not help you since pics seem to work for you but worth a shot.

Also, someone in one of these threads mentioned having completely clean memory internal and external when loading a new ROM. I may try that out and see if it helps with my CM experience.

Sent from low orbit on my unbranded XPERIA T
it could be because jb uses some new media folder structures and the T has had some permissions reshuffling in the recent past

small things like would smoothen up as we push more builds out the door in the future

charlatan01

Jan 10, 2008
Denver
Champion, does this ROM support NFC by chance? I don't see it in the CM ROM right now, but that could be because I am not looking in the proper place.

dd66

Jun 30, 2008
Paris
as far as the camera is 5Mpx only, I will stay on stock,, neither do I like the AOSP look...
is this supposed to be solved one day?

glyxkecks

Aug 1, 2010
milestone 1 released

Which CM10 nightly is used as the base of milestone 1?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

as far as the camera is 5Mpx only, I will stay on stock,, neither do I like the AOSP look...
is this supposed to be solved one day?

When it's based on one of the recend CM10 nightlies I don't see a reason why camera should be only 5Mpx!? Have you tested it yourself or just read the experience of former users?

dd66

Jun 30, 2008
Paris
Which CM10 nightly is used as the base of milestone 1?

---------- Post added at 02:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

When it's based on one of the recend CM10 nightlies I don't see a reason why camera should be only 5Mpx!? Have you tested it yourself or just read the experience of former users?

I flashed it and saw it in the camera settings.
I admit I didn't study the effective resolution of the pictures.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KangXperiaProject
    bringing AOKP to Xperia
    banner2.png

AOKP is an awesome custom Android firmware. (just like MIUI and CyanogenMod).
    AOKP is based on AOSP and looks as vanilla as possible, and focusses on lots and lots of user-friendly features. What makes it different from CM is that there are many more user-customizable features.​

KANGXPERIAPROJECT
    This ROM is a combined work of all members of KangXperiaProject.

AOKP is not officially supported on any of the Xperia smartphones. So we made a Kang XperiaProject team comprising
    Supervenom , Championswimmer, Pikpok, mikegapinski
    We maintain sources from which we build (not winzip porting) AOKP for all the Xperias.

We are not any great developers (all teenagers). We are just trying to provide users with more ROM options :)
    Our work is not possible without using sources from FreeXperiaProject.

changelog-2.png

Changes to the UI / framework / functionality of the ROM is the work of Team Kang
    Changelog is released with every official build here ---> http://aokp.co

Changes specific to Xperia devices are maintianed by us here
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Changelog

BUGS / NOT-WORKING

• FM Radio - does not work
    • hotspot - could be unreliable

To report issues/bugs or make feature requests please go to
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/issues/entry

downloads-4.png

ROM downloads
    http://goo.im/devs/kxp/mint/
    http://ul.to/f/vivph3

GAPPS download
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip

installation-1.png

1. Copy ROM zip and Gapps to sdcard
    2. If coming from stock, flash kernel that has recovery using fastboot (not needed if you have recovery)
    3. Boot phone, go into recovery (press vol-up(2012) or back(2011) when led is purple)
    4. IF COMING FROM SOME OTHER ROM, make factory wipe then go into mounts/storage and format system (not needed if updating AOKP)
    5. install zip from sd card then flash gapps if you want them (kernel is flashed automatically with zip for 2012 models, for 2011, fastboot flash the kernel)
    6. reboot and enjoy :)

source-2.png

Sources are hosted at
    www.github.com/KangXperiaProject

Gerrit code review is present at
    http://smartdev.com.pl:8080/

To participate in development read this
    http://code.google.com/p/kangxperia/wiki/Gerrit

contribute-1.png

We all spend countless hours working with thousands of lines of code to be able to bring these ROMs to you. It needs us to devote our precious time, and often we need to spend money to maintain the build machines, hosts and other stuff. So if you like this ROM and if it makes your phone look cool, please consider donating to us. :)

KXP Team Members
    (we bring you these builds)
    Donate to Championswimmer
    Donate to Pikpok
    Donate to Supervenom
    Donate to mikegapinski

FXP Team Members (without whom no custom ROM on Xperias would ever be possible)
    Donate to FXP
    Donate to Kali-
    Donate to Bin4ry

Team KANG Members (who have made all these awesome features on AOKP)
    Donate to Stevespear426
    Donate toRoman
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk
    Donate to Sethyx

CREDITS
    Other than the people mentioned above, we want to thank all developers working Xperia devices like
    DoomLord, Keiran, Achotjan, Sirkay, Blagus, NobodyAtall, Androxyde, Kamarush, Paxchristos and many many more. And the various CM devs like cyanogen, koush, codeworkx, rmcc ....
    All the respective ownerships of commits are maintained on the gerrit/github and you can see what fixes are ported from / contributed by whom.

dev stops on jb 4.1
    going to work on 4.2 only from now.

mi1-r3 is last ROM
    miletsone1-r2 released

HAPPY NEW YEAR
    build5 released

also new gapps linked on OP

Edit; one problem I found was that the camera can only take pictures in 5MP..
    Wifi works, I'm able to download from Google Play and browse the web.

Edit2; Found some other bugs, when you silence your alarm, the laucher stops responding, you can't download files from the net or send them through Whatsapp, also, waking the phone from sleep results in the launcher freezing.

milestone 1 released