FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP] AudioBoost 2.4 - support and feedback

264 posts
Thanks Meter: 8
 
By carlocb, Senior Member on 18th August 2010, 04:29 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th August 2010, 03:57 AM |#21  
swatsqad's Avatar
Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by plemen

Download Busybox by Stericson from the market and that app will let you install the latest Busybox - then that command will work.

cheers

I did install that one in the first place. :-{ any ideas?
 
 
19th August 2010, 03:58 AM |#22  
Bhonka's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
you also need to

su

before doing anything.
19th August 2010, 04:05 AM |#23  
swatsqad's Avatar
Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I did use "su".
19th August 2010, 04:11 AM |#24  
Senior Member
Flag londonderry
Thanks Meter: 215
 
More
install titaniium backup under help or about or problems somewhere there is an option to install a busybox fix.. do that then just run the command without busybox.. ie

tar zxvf /sdcard/alsa-utils-binaries.tar.gz.zip

instead of
busybox tar zxvf /sdcard/alsa-utils-binaries.tar.gz.zip
19th August 2010, 04:28 AM |#25  
swatsqad's Avatar
Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgkahn

install titaniium backup under help or about or problems somewhere there is an option to install a busybox fix.. do that then just run the command without busybox.. ie

tar zxvf /sdcard/alsa-utils-binaries.tar.gz.zip

instead of
busybox tar zxvf /sdcard/alsa-utils-binaries.tar.gz.zip

Thanks for the help, sadly, even after i applied the fix, rebooted, it still showed me an "invalid argument --z" or smth :-X
19th August 2010, 07:17 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by swatsqad

Thanks for the help, sadly, even after i applied the fix, rebooted, it still showed me an "invalid argument --z" or smth :-X

Well it should work with the titanium backup busybox version (which is the one I'm using). However this has given me another input: I'm doing the auto-install alsa option right now, and it will be busybox-independent!
19th August 2010, 11:24 AM |#27  
fredphoesh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 86
 
More
Hi Carlocb,

I have been following the Supercurio fix for a while now, but have stopped because they have not found something that "sticks" after a reboot... or at least that is what I can gather.

Also I think there are two issues, 1/ unwanted equalisation with headphones plugged in 2/ output level.

I am confused as your software addresses output level, but I dont think it will kill the unwanted effects of the equaliser? Is that right?

Thanks,
Mark.
19th August 2010, 02:16 PM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
great work mate! works fine and haven't notice any difference on battery usage. finally I can crank the volume up big time automatically on my atomic floyds.

will try the new version when I get home. also gonna try it on other devices. will keep you updated.

thanks and keep it up!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
19th August 2010, 03:40 PM |#29  
swatsqad's Avatar
Member
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlocb

Well it should work with the titanium backup busybox version (which is the one I'm using). However this has given me another input: I'm doing the auto-install alsa option right now, and it will be busybox-independent!


any ETA on the auto install? if i find how to, i'll remove my current busybox version, and try to install the one titanium uses (1.16## afaik?) and try it from there. damn this thing sucked a whole day in my life >.<
19th August 2010, 03:52 PM |#30  
soraxd's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag cleveland
Thanks Meter: 734
 
Donate to Me
More
this is the single best improvement to the phone ever!#$%^&*(*&^%$#@#$^%&
19th August 2010, 05:02 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bologna
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Great news guys... auto install is coming right now!!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
audio, tweak, volume boost

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes