[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ctap001

May 25, 2013
Which kernel are you people using for the latest release? I haven't updated to a 4.3 build because Motley hasn't updated his kernel to be 4.3-compatible.

I always find M-Kernel the best choice between Franco and faux ones, but that's only my opinion..
I'm the last days I'm reading positive comments about a new kernel named Oxydo.. Never heard about it before and never tried.. Maybe I'll flash it am see how it works before flash M-Kernel into this new RC2 build..

[ brvsn • ParanoidAndroid 3.99 on Nxs7.3G • Tapatalk.4 ]

Last edited:

magarto

Jan 22, 2011
Madrid
With 3.99 RC2 I have no wakelocks at all... It's awesome.

Do you recommend me installing a new kernel or keep on with the PA default kernel?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando Tapatalk 2

hightechn

Oct 19, 2011
Report bug: I'm using PA 3.99 rc2 with M-kernel a61 and my device had an problem with Facebook app. Facebook could not display image, I couldn't view any image on any page.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Ruslan Babich

Aug 15, 2013
BUG or not, I'm not sure, but it's annoying...

If you reduce the size of the navigation buttons to zero and make the status bar transparent, you can see horrible drags and lags on the main screen (where the wallpaper and so on) when turn it into the horizontal position or swipe(hope, you understand me, my native language is Russian, so I can make mistakes) screens in horizontal position. It can be solved either by running full-screen mode (no status bar) or you can output halo on the screen (then you can leave the status bar). In normal stock mode (status bar and nav buttons are present) the bug is not present. In PA the bug was even in previous versions with android 4.3.

Last edited:

kekx

Jan 24, 2011
I recently replaced the motherboard of my tablet and flashed 3.99 RC2.
However, one thing that still bugs me is that my headphone jack doesn't work (has nothin to do with your Rom, it's some kind of hardware bug). The problem is, that I wanted to code a workaround for this and planned to use a custom tile in the quick settings to switch it on and off.
I read that some PA versions actually do support creating custom tiles, so is it possible to implement this in some way? Having a custom tile is much better than always switching back to the homescreen to change the audio output ;)

kaluoshi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 2, 2011
South Italy
I recently replaced the motherboard of my tablet and flashed 3.99 RC2.
However, one thing that still bugs me is that my headphone jack doesn't work (has nothin to do with your Rom, it's some kind of hardware bug). The problem is, that I wanted to code a workaround for this and planned to use a custom tile in the quick settings to switch it on and off.
I read that some PA versions actually do support creating custom tiles, so is it possible to implement this in some way? Having a custom tile is much better than always switching back to the homescreen to change the audio output ;)

Why should you go back to homescreen to do that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SS%2BCheck.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

Ok I finaally found the bug the build on goo is good to go. For those of you that care it was this commit from almost a month ago https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/f175f9edb7d25f11281c4be87961473fc5b1fcc0 i checkout out the gnex repos to do some testing last week, and it end up overwriting the broacom lib library, and due to the way i have my repos set up(dependent on grouper folder) compared to the muppets some libs got copied over some didnt. Sorry it took so long to find. I didnt realize what was happening as our repos didnt change
    For flashing in recovery

Flashable zip. Enqueue it after rom, of course :)
    just pushed a new build with rotation fixed