[NOOB FRIENDLY] Ask the question!

Search This thread

aukhan

Feb 19, 2013
Bangalore
ajqi.com
Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.

Last edited:

patriotaki

Jul 17, 2012
Does the Note Edge has better display than the Note 4 ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

patriotaki

Jul 17, 2012
NOTE 4 VS NOTE EDGE
Display Type Quad HD Super AMOLED Quad HD+ Super AMOLED
Display Size 5.7-inch, 2560 x 1440 pixel display (515 ppi) 5.6-inch, 2560 x 1440 pixel display (525 ppi)

Both are almost same but Note Edge has high PPI.

Higher ppi is better?

M

MuscleGeek

Hi all!

Hi all!

I'm a second time convert to the Android world, I went from the iPhone 3GS(JB) > iPhone 4(JB) > HTC Sensation(Mike's Rom) > iPhone 5(JB), now I'm looking at converting to Android once again as I hear Android KitKat 4.4 and the Galaxy Note 4(although not being a huge step up from the Galaxy Note 3 or S5) is something to be in awe of.

So my question to the weird and wonderful community is what the bloody hell do I need to know, own, download, research, subscribe to? What's changed in the last few years, how has Google and Samsung advanced since the Sensation and the corresponding OS versions of that time?

Any information whether it be useful or not is helpful!

Lovely work everyone, I look forward to being part of the community!

TheGamerCatHD

Jun 22, 2014
Just wondering if anyone in this forum has held a Note 4, If so, how does it operate in one hand?
P.S-I also have quite large hands

Reactions: TechAnimal

PreVayl

My phone is auto calling 911 when i reboot or soft reboot, but it shows on screen as 'unknown'. One of my apps is triggering a 911 call and masking it as "unknown". Even if i reboot in airplane mode the moment i take airplane mode of it makes the call again, and i have to rush to end it before 911 dispatch calls me back. So can anyone help me with trying to monitor which apk is responsible for triggering the call?

It only does it once after a reboot, and won't do it again till the next reboot(or soft reboot). I attached my phone info. I am rooted and i recently installed Xposed Installer, the framework and some modules, see attached photos for a list of the most recen downloaded apps.

Also, i am currently running a scan for any malware etc via Lookout. I have OS Monitor but can't really understand what it's showing me. Please help, i was able to soft boot earlier with no problem, now my phone auto calls.

Attachments

• 1411720193754.jpg
    1411720193754.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 1411720302290.jpg
    1411720302290.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 960
  • 1411720318779.jpg
    1411720318779.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 947

patriotaki

Jul 17, 2012
Detailed specs of international note 4?

jokerier

Oct 3, 2010
Wichita, KS
Hi all!

I'm a second time convert to the Android world, I went from the iPhone 3GS(JB) > iPhone 4(JB) > HTC Sensation(Mike's Rom) > iPhone 5(JB), now I'm looking at converting to Android once again as I hear Android KitKat 4.4 and the Galaxy Note 4(although not being a huge step up from the Galaxy Note 3 or S5) is something to be in awe of.

So my question to the weird and wonderful community is what the bloody hell do I need to know, own, download, research, subscribe to? What's changed in the last few years, how has Google and Samsung advanced since the Sensation and the corresponding OS versions of that time?

Any information whether it be useful or not is helpful!

Lovely work everyone, I look forward to being part of the community!

I too am a second time converter. I left iphone 3 to Samsung Galaxy S, absolutely hated the phone, and moved back to Iphone 4, then 5, now preordered the note 4. I felt most of the problem was due to android hardware and the roms not being built effectively. Samsung I think botched their first galaxy S model with GPS problems and memory problems. The store on top of that was no where near where it is today. At that time, I would compare it to the WindowsApp Store of today. I'm hopeful that I'll be able to pick it up and use it without too much issue. Having a rough time waiting for the ship date!!!

Top Liked Posts

I tried the command twice, and i can't send data. The only other PC is with FydeOS...
    Another idea:
    Which Samsumg drivers are present?
    I use (when using Windows at all) only the universal mobile drivers.
    Is Smartswitch installed?
    Might be better if not (read that somewhere).
    no... but when i always plug in my phone i have this message...
    Sorry to read that.
    Somehow it seems that USB is broken or do other things work with it like external drives, sticks aso?
    Hello , how can i root my SM-N910F (Snapdragon ,Inetrnational) without a PC/Custom Recovery?
    Without a PC it's not possible afaik as you have to use Odin or Heimdall.
    Because in Odin3 it isnt detecting my Note4... Do i need the official cable?
    Not necessarily but it might help.
    Should try different USB ports on your PC.
    Recommandation is using the back ports.
    Tried other Odin versions as well ?
    Does ADB recognise it?
    "adb devices" is the command to check that.
    Debugging should be set in dev options.
    No it does not detect with ADB... i tried with a few other devices like the I9060,GT-S5360 (Galaxy Y) but it didn't work either... i used 4 diiferent cables.
    Tried the command twice on a device?
    1st to let it start searching for it and 2nd to let it name the devices id. Any other PC available to check with?
    Seems to be a problem with USB ports or is it possible to transfer any data to and fro?
    I tried the command twice, and i can't send data. The only other PC is with FydeOS...
    Another idea:
    Which Samsumg drivers are present?
    I use (when using Windows at all) only the universal mobile drivers.
    Is Smartswitch installed?
    Might be better if not (read that somewhere).
    no... but when i always plug in my phone i have this message...
    Sorry to read that.
    Somehow it seems that USB is broken or do other things work with it like external drives, sticks aso?
    Announcements and discussions :)

Hi Everyone!

This Thread Is Opened To All Members To Ask any assistance for your issues.

I made this thread since some rehashed or comparative question will be asked over and over rather they can come here and get the solution for their inquiry.With the goal that They don't rehash and disorder in Threads.

The Main Idea of this thread is to get users to help different users with their issues/questions.

So on the off chance that you have any issues/Question Post it here In this thread.
    Anyone know the product name of the note 4?

Galaxy Note 4 SM-910C(Exynos) and Galaxy Note 4 SM-910S(Snap Dragon)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    Hi all, quick question for you that I can't seem to find an answer for, despite searching.

I wanted to know whether there is a way to automate the Note 4's battery saving mode? For example could it be set to come on when my battery reaches 20% remaining?

Thanks for any help you can offer

Sent from my SM-N910F using XDA Free mobile app

You'd have to use third party apps for this unfortunately. There's no times option or setting to move into power saving. Check out some battery monitor apps for the kind of setting you're looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hi Friends,

I am completely newbie at loading stock/customs roms.
    was trying to load use twrp 2.8.1.1 on my note 4, have loaded it but i deleted everything on the phone using factory reset, wipe dalvik cache etc and made a biggest mistake without taking a backup for the same. Now it shows when i am trying to reboot it says no OS installed. I am not aware how deep **** i am in. Have tried various types of roms to be installed some says unsupported dev_type, some says dm verity verification failed. i am just not understanding what needs to be done to get the phone running again. Some guidance and help will be really appreciated.

Mandar

You'll need to download the stock rom/firmware for your phone and then flash it. You should find the latest version of your firmware on sammobile and then you'll need to turn off your phone (probably a battery pull) and then press volume down+home+power to get into download mode. Flash the stock firmware using Odin and then let it boot up. It should sort the problem out.

Flashing custom recovery is easy as long as you've got root access. You need to root your phone first before you can flash a custom recovery. Once you've rooted your phone, try using the app flashify. It's a great app and really easy to install custom recovery and roms.

What are the different s pen tips for? I really haven't found any videos or docs on it

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    They are spares. The difference between the gray and the white ones is the friction coefficient. Try them and use whichever suits you better.
    [

If so, could some one kindly point me in the direction of a list of models and their respective chip sets please,

Would greatly be appreciated.
    I'm in the UK and really want to make sure i get a snapdragon one, esp as ill have it for the next 2 years.

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Galaxy Note4 All Models

SM-N9100(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9100ZCU1ANIF】

SM-N9106W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Unicom]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM} 【Firmware:N9106WZNU1ANIF】

SM-N9108V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108VZMU1ANIE】

SM-N9108W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Mobile]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+TD-SCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:FDD-LTE+WCDMA} 【Firmware:N9108WZMU0ANGH】

SM-N9109W(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[China Telecom]------{SIM1:TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+CDMA;SIM2:GSM;Roaming:WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N9109WKEU1ANIE】

SM-N910A(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA AT&T]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910C(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia,Europe,South America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910CXXU1ANIF】

SCL24(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan AU]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SCL24KDU1ANIK】

SC-01G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Japan Docomo]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:SC01GOMU1ANIK】

SM-N910F(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Europe]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910FXXU1ANIE】

SM-N910FD(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[United Arab Emirates]------{SIM1:FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM;SIM2:GSM}

SM-N910FQ(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Turkey]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910G(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Singapore,Sri Lanka,India]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910GDTU1ANIE】

SM-N910H(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Asia-Pacific]------{WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910HXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910K(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea KT+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910KKTU1ANIF】

SM-N910L(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea LG+]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910LKLU1ANIF】

SM-N910P(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Sprint]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910PVPU1ANIE】

SM-N910R4(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA US.Cellular]------{FDD-LTE+CDMA} 【Firmware:N910R4TYU1ANIG】

SM-N910S(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[Korea SKT]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910SKSE1ANIF】

SM-N910T(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910TUVU1ANIG】

SM-N910T1(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA T-Mobile]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}

SM-N910U(Samsung Exynos 5433)------[HongKong,Taiwan,Australia,New Zealand,Chile]------{TDD-LTE+FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM} 【Firmware:N910UXXU1ANIF】

SM-N910V(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[USA Verizon]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+CDMA+GSM}

SM-N910W8(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[North America]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910W8VLU1ANIG】

SM-N910X(Qualcomm Snapdragon 805)------[Demo Test]------{FDD-LTE+WCDMA+GSM}【Firmware:N910XZCU1ANI6_LLK】