Thanks Meter: 5

By Showtime7, Senior Member on 30th June 2010, 02:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2010, 02:13 PM |#21  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Question
I'm using Energy 3 June ROM and I have the following issue. I got this problem in a slightly older ROM as well. Anyone else got this too?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	356694  

9th July 2010, 03:30 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime7

I am thinking of changing everything to GIF and maybe this will boost performance... Will need to change the one with transparency though since only PNG can offer transparency. Hopefully the app accepts GIF format images.

You should be able to use GIF images as the app appears to be using the standard paint/imaging API based on a quick look at the current source code.

I had it crash once on me since my last post. It also seems some users that tried the recent Energy ROM (July 1, 2010 versions I think) that had your theme baked in are having sufficient issues NRGZ is pulling it out.

One suggestion I might make is: remove the background image since it is just a solid color, and use the <BackgroundColor> option in the config.xml to map an approximation. This will probably make the most difference in performance and possibly the stability. The default theme goes this route from what I can tell.

EDIT:
I looked at the background.png file and see that it has an alternating gradient and is not a simple solid background. Histogram analysis on the colors show an average of 35 for RGB. As such I played modified the config.xml to remove the image and just use the apps built in color handling. It's too early in my testing to tell if this will help any. But the modified xml appears to generate a similar look and feel.

Changes to the config.xml:
Code:
  <BackgroundColor>35,35,35</BackgroundColor>

<AppInfoBackgroundColor>35,35,35</AppInfoBackgroundColor>

<BackgroundImage></BackgroundImage>

<AppInfoBackgroundImage></AppInfoBackgroundImage>
11th July 2010, 12:42 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia Beach

More
Lol... I told NRGZ specifically... DON'T COOK IT. Guess he didn't read my post.

But I will try to fix this now because I upgraded to 6.5.5 so I am back to arkswitch. Tried applying my theme and it crashed immediately. I am going to try using all solid GIFs with simpler profiles and hopefully that helps.

Also the background is not solid color. Look at the hi res screenshot it is clearly textured. I must keep it to be consistent with the HTC look.
11th July 2010, 01:36 PM |#24  
Flag Linz
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elburna

Absolutely Great Mate!!! That was exactly what i was looking for. ArkSwitch optically never really fitted into Sense but now... Im happy

EDIT: Hmm damn ArkSwitch constantly Crashes when using your theme. Im running it with RTTs ROM on HD2 (Win 6.5.3 Manila 2013) Any suggestions...?

Error see pics

After crash, the Device runs extremely slow and needs to be Softreseted.

I get the same error, but it worked fine until I read that yours constantly crashes lol...

It works fine when there's no program open, but when I open a program and start ArkSwitch, it crashes.
Again, this didn't happen until NOW.
I can't even open the Start Menu after the crash and the phone gets really slow.
I'm on Energy ROM (GTX) for HTC HD2 btw.

Is the theme cooked in this ROM?
12th July 2010, 04:13 AM |#25  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019

Donate to Me
More
I tried it out on my ROM. No crashes in the short time I've used it.

I have a feeling it's not your theme that is causing the crashes for certain people. In the processes off making my ROM, I experienced frequent Arkswitch crashes, but the theme never changed. The crashes corresponded with certain Windows mobile builds.

Right now, my ROM is using 21887 and I haven't seen Arkswitch crash in ages. With other builds (21892) Arkswitch was VERY unstable.

BTW, your "selected" and "deselected" buttons are a bit jagged on the edges. Here are the ones from mine.
Attached Files
File Type: zip x-selected.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.3 KB, 21 views)
12th July 2010, 01:51 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia Beach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadlife

I tried it out on my ROM. No crashes in the short time I've used it.

I have a feeling it's not your theme that is causing the crashes for certain people. In the processes off making my ROM, I experienced frequent Arkswitch crashes, but the theme never changed. The crashes corresponded with certain Windows mobile builds.

Right now, my ROM is using 21887 and I haven't seen Arkswitch crash in ages. With other builds (21892) Arkswitch was VERY unstable.

BTW, your "selected" and "deselected" buttons are a bit jagged on the edges. Here are the ones from mine.

Thanks. I was just being lazy (as usual) and just wanted to make my theme quick and easy, lol... I'll update my package with your x buttons.

And it does appear to be the theme because I've been using ArkSwitch since yesterday with no theme applied and have had no crashes. As soon as I apply the theme, almost immediately it will crash. And will continue crashing until I kill Arkswitch or uninstall it. Majorly sucks, wish the app was a little more stable. :-/
13th July 2010, 12:57 AM |#27  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lemoore, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,019

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks. I was just being lazy (as usual) and just wanted to make my theme quick and easy, lol... I'll update my package with your x buttons.

And it does appear to be the theme because I've been using ArkSwitch since yesterday with no theme applied and have had no crashes. As soon as I apply the theme, almost immediately it will crash. And will continue crashing until I kill Arkswitch or uninstall it. Majorly sucks, wish the app was a little more stable. :-/

Well maybe it just doesn't like large themes. Mine is pretty light. It only consists of the buttons and the top bar. The background is just a solid color.
13th July 2010, 07:20 AM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia Beach

More
I wonder if the background can be set to repeat...
13th July 2010, 07:11 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
On HTC TD2 @ 6.5 looks great! Thanks a lot. Good job
14th July 2010, 12:38 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:

Lol... I told NRGZ specifically... DON'T COOK IT. Guess he didn't read my post.

But I will try to fix this now because I upgraded to 6.5.5 so I am back to arkswitch. Tried applying my theme and it crashed immediately. I am going to try using all solid GIFs with simpler profiles and hopefully that helps.

Also the background is not solid color. Look at the hi res screenshot it is clearly textured. I must keep it to be consistent with the HTC look.

I did see your original background image theme was textured, and your image is pretty darn good match to the HTC theme. But the values I picked for a background color vs using image seemed close enough for my needs without having arkswitch constantly painting a 64k png to the device.

Yeah I saw that NRGZ put in his own custom arkswitch theme with his latest July 10, 2010 ROMs. Like toadlife mentioned, I doubt the themes are the primary cause of arkswitch terminating prematurely so much. Some ROM builds seem to cause AS more grief than others regardless of the theme used and my experience mirrors his.

Looking forward to seeing your modified theme. Otherwise, I'm just using your original theme with some tweaks of my own for now.
14th July 2010, 01:18 AM |#31  
OP Senior Member
Flag Virginia Beach

More
I am working on it now... I need someone to test it because my current rom has a task manager built in. Any takers?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)