HTC desire extended battery

Search This thread

johns1982

Jun 20, 2011
Glasgow
This is an age old topic I know, but was browsing the HTC sensation and sgs 2 forums.

When reading I can across an extended battery making called anker, reviews have been very positive for both phones.

Anyway to cut the story short I emailed anker and they do an extended battery for the HTC desire they provided me with link on amazon.

The title says for inspire and desire hd.
Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh-Battery-Inspire-BD26100/dp/B004YGALYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316659922&sr=8-1

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium

Reactions: danhthuan269

johns1982

Jun 20, 2011
Glasgow
Sorry guys lady sent me link for desire hd, they don't do a battery for desire

Ken957

Jan 2, 2010
Oost-Vlaanderen
Anyone has experience with this 1600mAh battery? (positive or negative)

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/1600-MA...176?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a0f0220f0

My brother is using my desire now, it's already 1,5years old.
So I'm thinking of getting a new battery for it, maybe this is something?

Too bad Anker doesn't have a Desire battery.. I ordered anker for my Sensation, I'm curious if it will perform better than stock.

Last edited:

nickabbott

Nov 18, 2011
makes phone too obese lol ;)

I agree! Unfortunately it just looks too.... wrong! Granted it might be great for people who can't charge often but I find my phone lasts at a minimum one day with normal usage and possibly 2 if I forget to charge it and don't use it much other than texting and say 30 mins of calls.

You would also need a modified case for it as well and I definitely need one of those as I seem to have a problem with dropping expensive things and my desire has been saved a few times from chips / bumps! by using a rubber case holder!

michaelboruta

Mar 3, 2011
Prague
Is there any external battery for Desire which seemlesly blends with the phone like some iPhone external battery, which looks like a normal silicon cover?

Jezz_X

Dec 4, 2011
Is there any external battery for Desire which seemlesly blends with the phone like some iPhone external battery, which looks like a normal silicon cover?

I doubt it very much but in the end it would probably just be easier to get a second battery and pop the cover and swap it out its not that hard but I guess you have to carry it around with you

nieker

Dec 30, 2010
Gent
I would like to warn you for some of these (cheap) batteries. I got one from ebay for one of my previous phones (nokia) and the battery just melted when charging. My phone was ok, but I don't think it was a very safe/healthy situation :)

bearbonez

Nov 17, 2011
cant post the link, but you can search on ebay

2450mAh HIGH Capacity Gold BUSINESS Replacement Battery for HTC DESIRE

no need for an extended back ;)

bearbonez

Nov 17, 2011
Yes I get a lot longer out of the extended gold battery, but I'm running the Runnymede 3.0.4 AIO rom and that suffers from heavy battery drain but this battery lasts all day now, I just need a wall charger and a second battery and I'm all good ;)

BombaUcigasa

Nov 10, 2011
Anyone has experience with this 1600mAh battery? (positive or negative)
I have one of those. Some apps or the OS see it as 780mAh, I didn't do much testing to find the real truth, but the actual battery is smaller in size than the stock one (maybe 1350-1500 max), has a cheaper and stupider controller (no voltage, no temperature) and it will decay faster than an original SANYO battery (it will be worse than your current battery is now in about a year with similar usage).

Ask yourself, what would you want to have in your pocket when your main battery discharges completely:
- 5 euro banknote
- 5 euro replacement battery with at least half charge

You get what you pay for.

bluedesire

Nov 15, 2011
near duesseldorf
i think the original battery is the best battery i had an battery from ebay from Polarcell the battery was terrible its not good has anyone a good alternative battery found

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an age old topic I know, but was browsing the HTC sensation and sgs 2 forums.

When reading I can across an extended battery making called anker, reviews have been very positive for both phones.

Anyway to cut the story short I emailed anker and they do an extended battery for the HTC desire they provided me with link on amazon.

The title says for inspire and desire hd.
    Here's the link

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1600mAh-Battery-Inspire-BD26100/dp/B004YGALYQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316659922&sr=8-1

In my opinion only original or Mugen batteries

I totally agree, though for HTC Desire HD i ve only found 1500mAh
    http://www.mugen-power-batteries.co...ery-for-for-htc-desire-hd-softbank-001ht.html
    I wonder if they have bigger one.:cool: