GTA vice city

Search This thread

havikx

Feb 4, 2009
Just a heads up to everyone, vice city works on touchpad for like a minute and then closes. Don't get your hopes up. Lol. Cm10 preview3

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using xda app-developers app

S

-SGA-

There is vice city now!?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Theres a reason they pulled it from Google Play, hopefully when they relist the issue is fixed. I checked the log with alogcat and it was a graphics issue at a point where it loads Qualcomm specific stuff. But its not an issue just with the Touchpad, the same crash is shown on the Xperia S, a supported device with the same Adreno GPU as the Touchpad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHqOZ6dXnF8

Last edited:

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
Works fine for me using an EVO LTE;)

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Possibly just a Snapdragon S3 bug then, if your device is the newer Evo 4G LTE which has an S4. There are videos of it working fine on S2 devices with ICS ROMs. (Xperia Play, HTC Desire S)

Just found a video of it crashing on the older S3 Evo 3D. I'm going to have to call this one an S3 bug since 3 different devices all have it and they all share S3/Adreno 220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_cpO4jEs-c

havikx

Feb 4, 2009
Possibly just a Snapdragon S3 bug then, if your device is the newer Evo 4G LTE which has an S4. There are videos of it working fine on S2 devices with ICS ROMs. (Xperia Play, HTC Desire S)

Just found a video of it crashing on the older S3 Evo 3D. I'm going to have to call this one an S3 bug since 3 different devices all have it and they all share S3/Adreno 220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_cpO4jEs-c

Any work around yet?

superkevx

Feb 13, 2009
same problem with the updated play store version. (1.01). crashes and restarts the touchpad whenever I start driving a car. on the newest cm10.
same problem when I was on the newest cm9 fat n creamy.

works fine on my nexus 4.

spunker88

Sep 8, 2006
Upstate NY
It appears the S3 bug still exists. From Google Play, some versions of the Galaxy Note have an S3 and there are multiple reviews like this. About all we can do is submit a request on the page in that review reply. Besides that Rockstar's reply is pretty useless, it wouldn't take them long to figure out this bug exists on all S3/Adreno 220 devices and it needs to be fixed by them. But since the Touchpad isn't supported, use a different S3 device like the Sony Xperia S which has an OEM ICS update and is a supported device.

Michael S. - December 13, 2012 - Samsung Galaxy Note with version 1.01
Runs smooth, but freezes when in vehicle everytime

Runs smooth on my Note 1, but freezes in a loop every time I drive a vehicle for about 3-10 seconds of driving. I then have to exit to home screen. Cant get past it. Tried all support in:Crash Troubleshooting for Vice City on iOS/Android. Please fix, can't wait to play!

Rockstar Games, Inc. replied on December 13, 2012
Please make sure you have updated your Android firmware. If the issue persists, please contact us so we can make sure the issue is resolved: http://support.rockstargames.com/anonymous_requests/new

EDIT:

One step closer, this bug has been noted and hopefully they will be looking into it:
http://support.rockstargames.com/en...s-and-glitches-freezing-in-vice-city?locale=1

Last edited:

TheDriftin240

Dec 16, 2012
Minneapolis MN
Hoping you guys could give me some pointers to even figure out how to get the game to show available in the store, or to get the apk file to load. Found the APK and have the related data files to go with. When installed in the android/obb file folder, the game sits at the "black install" screen and goes noplace.

Tried changing the build.prop to different models and then accessing the Google store for purchase, but nothing I did worked. So either I was doing it wrong, or was missing something that needed to be changed.

Running CM9, but not entirely sure on the build number, as it's my brothers touch pad.

The game works awesome on my Asus TF300T.

nicogri

May 23, 2008
Compiegne
Small up... I am very sad because I did not see this thread before so I was spamming Rockstar so they add touchpad on their compatibility list (I thought it was forgeted)

And in parrallele I tried to install it manually... and baaammm TP reboots after introduction video when I start to play... after reboot I try again and second hard reboot... then I find this thead ^^

So I hope Rockstar fix it soon (I am not sure they will).

In the mean time can you tell the settings you tried to get the game pretiest as possible but not laggy on our brave TP ?

I tried full distance with full resuloution and dynamics lights on. It's pretty but laggy so I don't know where to put the cursor to get the best experience ?

:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

nicogri

May 23, 2008
Compiegne
I just checked on play store... Version is still 1.03 from 18/12... So no change won't work for now

MainCourse

No go :(

Okay, so I did some testing.
Works fine on all play store versions (1.01, 1.02, 1.03) except for the vehicle bug, which causes the Touchpad to lock up and reboot.
I can get into a vehicle sometimes, but 9/10 times it locks up.
The 1.03 version has NOT fixed this bug for us :rolleyes:
Keep pushing Rockstar for a fix!

Last edited:

Devon1080

Oct 4, 2012
Game does not work on gs2 t989, I have tried with many different ROM seems like an hardware compatibility issue

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devon1080

Oct 4, 2012
Hi guys, I am unable to post under Cyanogenmod developers forum for 4.4 on our devices.

My question here is has anyone who is running Cyanogen mod 4.4 been able to run GTA sanandreas on their devices, I was able to run the game on stock ROM but after installing kitkat it doesn't launch.

GS2 T989

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app