May 6, 2018
KL-34
ORANGEFOX RECOVERY PROJECT
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [X01BD]
[OFFICIAL]

Disclaimer
I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed
If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot

Instructions :

- Flash OFRP through any recovery (or recovery.img through fastboot and reflash the zip again)
- Reboot and enjoy

Notes:

Use only R11.1 to flash encrypted roms

Settings to disable force encryption is set by default

If you are flashing an encrypted rom and wish to move from :
Decrypted to Encryption / Encrypted to Encryption => untick disable force encryption from settings
Encrypted to Decryption / Decrypted to Decryption => tick disable force encryption from settings
: before flashing the rom

Wipe and format internal storage, if you are changing the encryption state

Changelog: R11.1
Add Support for terminal from filemanager
Add file manager option to edit selected file
Open Magisk apk as zip
Implement 'twrp format data' to format /data
Update the ZIP signature verification
Update the initd addon
Re-sign the internal zips
Addon to remove survival scripts
Flashable zip for backing up OrangeFox settings (/FFiles/OF_backup_settings.zip)
Many UI and other fixes and enhancements
Work-around for MTP issues after data format
Supports FBE encryption

Credits : @MrYacha, DarthJabba9
@adikri, @praveenpannu, t.me/Shrey2013 (testers)

Downloads :
R9, R10
R10.1, R11, R11.1

XDA:DevDB Information
OrangeFox Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
legacy07
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/legacy08/x01bd

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: R11.1-1
Stable Release Date: 2021-06-15
Beta Release Date: 2021-05-12

Created 2019-02-15
Last Updated 2021-06-15​

Last edited:

ywliu

Nov 23, 2010
Does decryption work?

Hi,

In OFRP I cannot mount the encrypted data partition with either stock Oreo ROM or RR 7.0. Of course I can reformat data partition but I just want to know if decryption works at all? Neither does TWRP.

legacy07

May 6, 2018
KL-34
Hi,

In OFRP I cannot mount the encrypted data partition with either stock Oreo ROM or RR 7.0. Of course I can reformat data partition but I just want to know if decryption works at all? Neither does TWRP.

If you wanna access the existing encrypted data partition, you need to decrypt it first, no matter which recovery it is. Ofrp / pbrp decryption only works while flashing a new the rom

Reactions: mauam
Thanks for testing it thoroughly and reporting bugs...
I'm so obsessed with disabling forced encryption with a standalone zip. I still wonder how changing a single word in fstab could disable it in Oreo while I tried flashing many scripts and still unable to disable it in Pie. I even tried the script method used by OFRP which is a modification of @wzsx150's script and I was unsuccessful.

nice_guy75

Mar 29, 2012
If I disable force encryption, I don't have to flash decrypt.zip of Pie to decrypt my system partition after updating to Pie?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

@legacy07, here are some differences in R9 and R10 I found wrt disabling forced encryption in stock rom.

R9 disables forced encryption in two cases without having to flash Magisk.
1) During fresh installation, i.e. I flashed extracted recovery.img in fastboot. And then I went to recovery mode and flashed the recovery zip. It rebooted automatically to recovery. After rebooting to recovery, it showed that it is fresh installation, and it disabled forced encryption. There was a text in green actually, which said it patched dm-verity and forced encryption. This was done without flashing stock rom zip. (Off topic. This doesn't happen in PBRP. It just disables forced encryption after flashing rom zip, but not after fresh installation. I don't know if it is intended to work this way)
2) It patches forced encryption after flashing stock rom zip by displaying a text in green.

R10 disables forced encryption in only one case, i.e. after fresh installation, provided if Magisk is flashed before booting into system.
1) During fresh installation, I followed same steps as I did with R9, but after it rebooted itself when I flashed recovery zip, it wouldn't patch forced encryption unless I flash magisk zip. It says
"Fresh OrangeFox installation - about to run the dm-verity/forced-encryption patches
Not patching boot image on X01BD. Flash magisk after this."
So I flashed magisk zip after fresh installation. Then it disabled forced encryption. But without flashing magisk zip, it doesn't patch forced encryption and it reverts back to stock recovery.
2) It doesn't patch forced encryption after flashing stock rom zip. It doesn't say anything about disabling forced encryption or flashing magisk after it has flashed stock rom. For my curiosity, I flashed magisk zip after flashing stock rom zip. But after booting to system, it started encrypting and forced encryption was never patched. But it didn't revert back to stock recovery as I had flashed magisk zip. If I don't flash magisk zip, it will revert back to stock recovery. But in both cases, it will not patch forced encryption after flashing stock rom.

To sum it up, R10 isn't patching forced encryption after flashing stock rom zip. It just patches forced encryption if I follow these steps:
1) Flash stock rom zip.
2) Flash OFRP recovery zip. (It reboots to recovery)
3) Flash magisk zip. (It says me to flash magisk to patch the boot image)

Just a heads up guys, don't forget to enable "Disable DM-Verity" and "Disable Forced Encryption" in Menu > Settings gear icon > OTA before you flash stock rom zip if you want to disable forced encryption in R10.

I am not getting you properly, why we require to flash OFRP recovery zip? I presume you flashed the stock ROM.zip with OFRP, ain't you? If you did, still you need to flash OFRP recovery zip after flashing stock ROM zip?

Secondly, if I disable DM-Verity and Disable Forced Encryption, before flashing stock ROM, I won't need to flash decrypt.zip of Pie, right? I am actually still on rooted Oreo and now I am planning to update my device to Pie.
@legacy07, please reply.

Last edited:
If I disable force encryption, I don't have to flash decrypt.zip of Pie to decrypt my system partition after updating to Pie?

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

I am not getting you properly, why we require to flash OFRP recovery zip? I presume you flashed the stock ROM.zip with OFRP, ain't you? If you did, still you need to flash OFRP recovery zip after flashing stock ROM zip?

Secondly, if I disable DM-Verity and Disable Forced Encryption, before flashing stock ROM, I won't need to flash decrypt.zip of Pie, right? I am actually still on rooted Oreo and now I am planning to update my device to Pie.
@legacy07, please reply.
Seems you're using XDA Forums app. If you use a browser to see my post, you'll see I have struck the methods which are redundant. My actual post starts from "Just a heads up guys..."
So you don't have to flash OFRP recovery zip again after flashing stock rom zip. You just have to enable those two options which I mentioned above before flashing stock rom zip.
decrypt.zip isn't working in Pie. OFRP or PBRP are the only two recoveries which are able to disable forced encryption in stock Pie rom. So you don't have to flash decrypt.zip after flashing stock rom zip when you use PBRP or OFRP to flash stock rom.

Reactions: nice_guy75

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ORANGEFOX RECOVERY PROJECT
    Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 [X01BD]
    [OFFICIAL]

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed
    If you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot

Instructions :

- Flash OFRP through any recovery (or recovery.img through fastboot and reflash the zip again)
    - Reboot and enjoy

Notes:

Use only R11.1 to flash encrypted roms

Settings to disable force encryption is set by default

If you are flashing an encrypted rom and wish to move from :
    Decrypted to Encryption / Encrypted to Encryption => untick disable force encryption from settings
    Encrypted to Decryption / Decrypted to Decryption => tick disable force encryption from settings
    : before flashing the rom

Wipe and format internal storage, if you are changing the encryption state

Changelog: R11.1
    Add Support for terminal from filemanager
    Add file manager option to edit selected file
    Open Magisk apk as zip
    Implement 'twrp format data' to format /data
    Update the ZIP signature verification
    Update the initd addon
    Re-sign the internal zips
    Addon to remove survival scripts
    Flashable zip for backing up OrangeFox settings (/FFiles/OF_backup_settings.zip)
    Many UI and other fixes and enhancements
    Work-around for MTP issues after data format
    Supports FBE encryption

Credits : @MrYacha, DarthJabba9
    @adikri, @praveenpannu, t.me/Shrey2013 (testers)

Downloads :
    R9, R10
    R10.1, R11, R11.1

XDA:DevDB Information
    OrangeFox Recovery Project, Tool/Utility for the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2

Contributors
    legacy07
    Source Code: https://gitlab.com/legacy08/x01bd

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: R11.1-1
    Stable Release Date: 2021-06-15
    Beta Release Date: 2021-05-12

Created 2019-02-15
    Last Updated 2021-06-15​
    Would it be possible to add password feature to PBRP ? Or will there be a stable official recovery with password support ?

Pbrp doesn't support password protection as of now. Will make ofrp stable with R9 build
    Is there beta UI will coming up bro? Thanks for your contribution.

No. I will release only stable builds
    The king of recoveries :D
    Edit: Does this have a password feature ? I think SHRP has...

Yep. It does