[Q] Bricked my phone... Warranty?

Search This thread

SpineSurgery

Aug 11, 2010
Hi everyone,

as some of you know, I did a stupid thing (flashed wrong hboot) and bricked my phone. I have a friend who can solve this problem for me with JTAG RIFFBOX, but my phone is still under warranty.

When and IF I send my phone for warranty to an official HTC service center, what are my chances that they repair the phone if I just say it died for example during software upgrade?

Thanks

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Also, a JTAG will open up the phone to the extent of physical damage, if you get turned down from HTC Warranty THEN go with JTAG.. however even then JTAG is known to cause problems for network lock/etc..

SpineSurgery

Aug 11, 2010
I have packed up my phone and sent it up for a repair. It is not physically damaged or serviced by 3rd party, so we will see what happens

SpineSurgery

Aug 11, 2010
Usually if a phone is completely nonresponsive, as it would be here, they will just replace the motherboard and be done with it.

This phone actually has faulty camera ("pink" syndrome). They have told me that they do not replace camera modules, but whole phone.

However, in the meantime, I bricked it :D

SpineSurgery

Aug 11, 2010
Just to update you...

My phone was repaired and is sent back to me.

It also had "purple camera" problem,but they only replaced camera (not the whole phone). But OK. I suppose I will get new 24 month warranty because they replaced mainboard.