[Q] Launcher

Search This thread

nafaikon

Apr 8, 2011
Hey guys

I managed to root my device with the first guide (oneclick) and uninstalled alot of LG crap, same time i uninstalled the LG launcer. - Today i got a problem with my device. I couldnt ring and hear people when i manged to get in contact.
I decided to factory reset the phone, but my problem is that i dont have any launcher now. When i do the hard reset thing (vol down + home and power on) i can get to the screen where i can type in pin code, but after that there is black screen cause there is no launcher. The search function dont work but the notification bar is working. so i cant get to the market and install. Mostly it just shows the LG logo when the phone is turned on and the touch screen is working cause it makes the click sound. But nothing else.

Does some one have an idea to how i can get a launcher installed ??

thanks in advance

Mertoglu

Feb 27, 2006
Please use search function. This problem is already discussed here. You have to use ADB.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA Premium App

nafaikon

Apr 8, 2011
Sorry the other threads i found was about how to get other launchers. But i will try read deeper into to threads then ;(

blu3angel

Mar 25, 2009
Hey guys

I managed to root my device with the first guide (oneclick) and uninstalled alot of LG crap, same time i uninstalled the LG launcer. - Today i got a problem with my device. I couldnt ring and hear people when i manged to get in contact.
I decided to factory reset the phone, but my problem is that i dont have any launcher now. When i do the hard reset thing (vol down + home and power on) i can get to the screen where i can type in pin code, but after that there is black screen cause there is no launcher. The search function dont work but the notification bar is working. so i cant get to the market and install. Mostly it just shows the LG logo when the phone is turned on and the touch screen is working cause it makes the click sound. But nothing else.

Does some one have an idea to how i can get a launcher installed ??

thanks in advance

Hello my fren.. Did u in the 1st place had made backup or ur rom via nandroid before removing stuff from ur rom? If yes then its too bad.. But there is always an alternative..

1. Download a custom available here and place it in ur mmc card.
2. I presume that u have paulobrien 3.0.1.4 r1 - ClockworkMod Recovery for the LG Optimus 2X installed then flash it via clockwork.
3. Enjoy ur new fast phone!!:D

nafaikon

Apr 8, 2011
naah i did not backup.. :) thought i would never need it.. but i was wrong..

so here is what i did.

When the nortification bar was working i went into the musicplayer from there, in there i managed to get the search funtion in albums wich gave me the opportunity to search on the internet via the browser (wich i could not open or find cause no launcher :p).
I went to 4shared from there and found a launcher but i could not install it because the installing from other source funtions was disabled. Fortunately it gave me the option so i could enable it and i did.. AND YEEEHA i manged to install a launcher and retsarted and it dos work !!!
Before when i pressed the home button it just restarted the phone i could do nothing ! only black screen with logo.. so i reset it and tried the above... :)

it seems that my phone is still rooted, cause i have the "superuser" thing but when i get time i will unroot it and sell this crap of a device and get back my old Nokia N8 again :)

maedox

Nov 14, 2008
Oslo
Don't just root your phone without learning how to actually use the powers it gives you. If you remove anything from /system you will not be able to restore it with factory reset, because factory reset relies on what is in /system. But I guess you figured that out the hard way. ;)

Learn to use ADB and nvflash, nvflash being the easiest based on the guides at 2x.modaco.com. ADB can get you out of most trouble by editing/replacing single files and nvflash will enable you to overwrite all partitions, i.e. with a stock ROM.

Everything you need is in these forums or in the wiki.

nafaikon

Apr 8, 2011
yea the hardway was more fun ;-) (actually not :p)

I was trying the ADB way, but my computer didn regonize the phone so it was difficult :p
Now i just need the stock apps and launcher so i can unroot it again :)

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
naah i did not backup.. :) thought i would never need it.. but i was wrong..

so here is what i did.

When the nortification bar was working i went into the musicplayer from there, in there i managed to get the search funtion in albums wich gave me the opportunity to search on the internet via the browser (wich i could not open or find cause no launcher :p).
I went to 4shared from there and found a launcher but i could not install it because the installing from other source funtions was disabled. Fortunately it gave me the option so i could enable it and i did.. AND YEEEHA i manged to install a launcher and retsarted and it dos work !!!
Before when i pressed the home button it just restarted the phone i could do nothing ! only black screen with logo.. so i reset it and tried the above... :)

it seems that my phone is still rooted, cause i have the "superuser" thing but when i get time i will unroot it and sell this crap of a device and get back my old Nokia N8 again :)

What do you want for the phone - lol?

spawndk

Dec 5, 2010
Funny how when ever some user messes up something - then its the device that is crap ;)

nafaikon

Apr 8, 2011
Ehmm the deivce is crap... the sounds is terrible.. and the reason why i messed up was i had problems with the device. When i call some one they cant hear me and i cant hear them.. same with income.. but i can text msg.. and its not my carrier or other stuff.. it is the ceappy device ;-)