Guide How to Root + play Tegra Games

Search This thread

ik911

Apr 13, 2009
london
To Root the LG Optimus 3D any firmware you will need
SuperOneClick , winRaR to extract the file , also you may need google ADB drivers if your on windows xp

Step 1: Download SuperOneClick here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKMS0QN3 then extract it.

Step 2: On the phone goto settings > Applications > Development > Turn USB Debugging on also turn on unknown sources.

Step 3: connect the phone to your pc make sure mass storage is turned off once connected wait for the drivers to install

Step 4: Run SuperOneClick as admin right click superoneclick run as administrator and click on Root, sometimes it can take a few minutes once it's done restart the phone now you should have superuser app on the phone.

To play Tegra Games you need to Root your phone first

Download this https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result or search for chainfire pro in android market

once you have installed chainfire goto chainfire it will ask for root permission press allow

Then install CF3D Driver phone will restart once done

now download this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2AXTW04
this is the nvidia plug in put it in your sd card anywhere

now open up chainfire then install plugins then select nvidia zip

next gotodefault openGL settings > use plugin select nvidia

go back and select fix market settings, only on chainfire pro you can select this

Your done you should be able to play tegra games now

Note
I'm not responsable of any damage to your device

Last edited:

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX
This is good to know as I have one being shipped to me which should be here in the next day or two. Hope to get some awesome Rom's on here as well.

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
Wouldn't work for me. Followed directions exactly. However, the games for tegra devices wouldn't let me download from the market.

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
Okay so at install plugins and shaders I have the nvidia.zip with a slash under it and a nvidia.zip with a /download/ under it. I tried both. No avail in changing what I can dl from the market.

Do I need to extract the nvidia zip file?

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX
Okay so at install plugins and shaders I have the nvidia.zip with a slash under it and a nvidia.zip with a /download/ under it. I tried both. No avail in changing what I can dl from the market.

Do I need to extract the nvidia zip file?

Well Troubleshoot it. If unzipping doesn't work correctly when done through the phone go to you PC than download it there considering I have heard people have issues with files not downloading 100% correctly when Downloading from an Android device so there might be some issues as well. Shrug just some ideas.

Trekfan422991

Dec 1, 2009
wix.com
chainfire and nvidia driver working great!!!!

i just look online for games working with lg g2x cause it has dual core nvidia chipset...

moderncombat 2
hawx
riptide gp

all working great

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Just tried, works great no problems here.

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

malickie

Oct 14, 2009
Austin, TX
Ok for those that are having a few issues following the directions and went to the market to DL Chainsfire the menus and what the OP say's are slightly different than the order specified. You download and install Chainsfire and Install the CF3D Driver and Reboot. After that and you have the Nvidia thing put on your SD card you go to Install plugins / shaders THAN you go to Default OpenGL settings and Set Nvidia. The Install plugins part I thing was confusing people.

Reactions: kiltedthrower

Cthater

May 13, 2010
Bridgeport
I've tried everything posted and I still can't seem to be able to download any tegra games from market. Any helpful tips?

Sent from my LG Thrill 3D using XDA Premium

Last edited:

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
Ok for those that are having a few issues following the directions and went to the market to DL Chainsfire the menus and what the OP say's are slightly different than the order specified. You download and install Chainsfire and Install the CF3D Driver and Reboot. After that and you have the Nvidia thing put on your SD card you go to Install plugins / shaders THAN you go to Default OpenGL settings and Set Nvidia. The Install plugins part I thing was confusing people.

This completely fixed the problem. Rebooting after installing the driver made all the difference. Thanks given! Now if I could quit being lazy and take the time to figure out how to run the PX4droid emulator and get some PS games running would be sweet.

Cthater

May 13, 2010
Bridgeport
It usually does reboot after installation but if not, just go into CWM and reboot. Worked for me.

Sent from my LG Thrill 3D using XDA Premium

47r0n1n

Dec 23, 2009
Quincy, IL
Yeah I have the pro version of Chainsfire and did everything and still can't download any Tegra games. I can see them but nothing to click on to download them. Any help would be awesome.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

chainfire and nvidia driver working great!!!!

i just look online for games working with lg g2x cause it has dual core nvidia chipset...

moderncombat 2
hawx
riptide gp

all working great
Where did you download yours from because I cannot seem to find anything to download. When I had my other phones just them being updated to Gingerbread allowed me to play Samurai Vengeance and Modern Combat 2 etc. But I had just gotten those from the market. What I want is Pinball HD for Tegra. I can find it but no button is there for me to click on to download it. Not sure what to do.

JonGarrett

Mar 9, 2011
Bklyn, NY
SuperOneClick , winRaR to extract the file , also you may need google ADB drivers if your on windows xp

Step 1: Download SuperOneClick here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKMS0QN3 then extract it.

Step 2: On the phone goto settings > Applications > Development > Turn USB Debugging on also turn on unknown sources.

Step 3: connect the phone to your pc make sure mass storage is turned off once connected wait for the drivers to install

Step 4: Run SuperOneClick as admin right click superoneclick run as administrator and click on Root, sometimes it can take a few minutes once it's done restart the phone now you should have superuser app on the phone.

Download this https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result or search for chainfire in android market

once you have installed chainfire goto chainfire it will ask for root permission press allow

go back and select fix market settings

what Tegra games are you playing? can you post a video?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Download this https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result or search for chainfire pro in android market

go back and select fix market settings, only on chainfire pro you can select this

Note
    Thanks for posting it for us

Just wanted to make sure ppl on the Thrill get it going WORKS GREAT THANKS!
    Just search chainfire in android market
    Has anyone been able to download galaxy on fire 2? It's not showing me a button to download after it links me to the market