[APP] [v1.5.1] Flowly for Android™

Search This thread

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Wow wow great thing to be in partnership with samsung! So you surely did an awesome job with flowly! ;)

---------------------------------
Phone : Nexus 4
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Magicman500

Jul 15, 2013
Not sure if this has been said already (Probably has), but some links don't open in Flowly.

An easy solution to this would be to add an "Open in browser" option to the long-press menu of each article. Even if you've already solved the problem, this would be a nice feature to have!

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
But that feature already exists!
ba7yne2y.jpg

See the opened menu in the right top corner, first option ;)

Phone : Nexus 4

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Reactions: Line.Dev

Line.Dev

Dec 1, 2013
Berlin
www.cyanogemod-forum.de
Flowly v.1.5.1 has been uploaded to Play Store and is available in 1-2 hours. Also the first post of this thread is updated too. :=)

Sorry for letting you guys wait so long for an update, I had a lot to do the last weeks. Version 1.5.1 contains a lot of fixes and some changes to make the app better. Hope everyone likes it!

Changelog:
Version 1.5.1 Build 92

- Left menu action bar drawer is now matching to the Theme color

- fixed Bug: some articles won't load

- fixed Bug: Pull to refresh causing problems in Web Views

- Flowly is now deleting unread articles older than 3 days automatically in order to save storage

- Changed Top Bar Icon color and font from white to grey

- Removed link to Flowly Community Beta

- Pull down to refresh now displayed white in Top Bar

- Updated Support libraries

- API Update

- Increased performance on high end devices

- Removed shoutbox

Magicman500

Jul 15, 2013
But that feature already exists!
See the opened menu in the right top corner, first option ;)

[B]Phone[/B] : Nexus 4
[B]OS[/B]:

Gesendet von Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. I don't appear to have that option, that's odd. I'm using the hardware menu button, and I have some other options (On the newest version, at least): Translate, Copy Link, Text Size, and Delete.

jophil2412

Jan 11, 2012
Bad Sassendorf
@Magicman500 Tap 'Visit website' at the bottom of the article. If you dont want to visit the website in the in app browser, just open the link and than select 'Launch Browser' . :)

An option to completely disable the integrated browser would be nice, especially when using linkbubble. This saves a lot of time and is more comfortable to read while being on mobile data.

gesendet von meinem Find 5 mit Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Magicman500

Magicman500

Jul 15, 2013
@Magicman500 Tap 'Visit website' at the bottom of the article. If you dont want to visit the website in the in app browser, just open the link and than select 'Launch Browser' . :)

This was mostly a suggestion to help get around the issue of some articles not loading. Now that that seems to be fixed, this isn't required. Though, I still stand by my suggestion to add a "Launch in Browser" option to the long-press menu. If for no other reason, why not?

Reactions: Gibbothegreat

16BitRun

Mar 29, 2012
So good to hear from you and this latest update. Is this the Big Update you announced before and the collaboration with Samsung? Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T599N using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Schnider

Oct 13, 2010
usa
Really liking this app. My go to now for news.

Sent from my XT1060 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

grinchyyy

May 10, 2011
Is there going to be an update? There is a very annoying fc after extended thumbing through articles, hasn't been an update in quite some time.
Sad, this app feeds my Android addiction...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
All seem to have stopped after magicman500's comment about the website where you can create your own exact same app for free. I also bought the donate version. I wouldn't have minded if there was any extra development done afterwards or even support, but it was a case of publishing the app and disappearing...

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

today I released Flowly.
    It is an App for daily Android News and more.
    You will get instantly notificated when there are new news and you have a lot of options and settings to personalize your Android News Experience.
    The app uses public RSS Feeds of the best Android Blogs (Including XDA Developers) to get the content displayed.

androidhub_small.png10zoll.jpg7zoll.jpg

The goal is to keep making this app better and better so please send me your suggestions and wishes. :)
    And of course, don't forget to give this app a rating.
    I will try to add a new update every 1-2 days to produce a little 'Nightly feeling' and keep Android Hub up-to-date. :angel:

The .apk file is attached in this post aswell.

Version 1.5.1 Build 92

- Left menu action bar drawer is now matching to the Theme color

- fixed Bug: some articles won't load

- fixed Bug: Pull to refresh causing problems in Web Views

- Flowly is now deleting unread articles older than 3 days automatically in order to save storage

- Changed Top Bar Icon color and font from white to grey

- Removed link to Flowly Community Beta

- Pull down to refresh now displayed white in Top Bar

- Updated Support libraries

- API Update

- Increased performance on high end devices

- Removed shoutbox

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linedev.android.hub

Have a great Day!
    Line.Dev
    v1.1.3 is uploaded to Google Play Store and should be available in anout 1 hour.
    The new .apk of v1.1.3 is attached in this post, I will update the thread with all the versions when I have over 10 posts. :)

Version 1.1.3 Build 13

- added new Feeds: Cult of Android, Droid Life (Thanks to Jorge)

- preparations for Disqus Comment feature (coming with next Update)

- minimal changed Top Bar color

- fixed Bug: Google+ Tab showing wrong language (Thanks to Micaiah)

- changed auto sync time from 1h to 2h to avoid to much notifications on new installations (Thanks to Jorge)

- stability improvements for tablets
    Hey guys!

Sorry for not being here for a while. Im very busy with my work and -for sure- with the next flowly update.
    It is nearly done and just needs some finishing. I think everyone of you will like it a lot. :)
    Also I had a lot to do with Flowly and Samsung. Yea, the guys from Samsung has invited Flowly to a secret program which will lead many many users to Flowly. So, I was also busy by signing some important papers.

Thanks for all the great support here! Please just be a little bit more patient, the update is really really big and will be there soon. Flowly will make its way to a full RSS reader with this update. :)

Cheers and have an awesome day!
    Benni
    Updated thread with pictures. :)
    Im finally done. :)
    After hours and hours of changing names, making new images, endless mails with google and working on the new update Android Hub has its new name: Flowly.

The new version is available in about an hour in Play Store and is already attached in the first post of the project thread. I hope everyone likes the new name. :)

Here is the changelog:

Version 1.4.6 Build 78

- new Application name: Flowly for Android (Name change because of Licensing Reasons, may Android Hub Rest in Peace, thanks to mastel97 for name suggestion)

- added simple 'Shoutbox' to 'Other' Tab, just for testing if it's fun, nothing special for the moment

- Pro: Updated 'Android Hub Pro Red' Theme to latest Google Play colors

- preparations for: custom Feeds (Pro), Disable/Enable Feeds, mark as read by scrolling, some other new features (secret at the moment)

- fixed Bug: Absolutely nothing displayed when using 'Light Theme' for Samsung Galaxy S

- small code improvements

Please give feedback how you like the new shoutbox test or if I should remove it again. Also, please tell me if you still find the wrong name 'Android Hub' anywhere.

Cheers,
    Benni