Missing Developer Options Setting? Help please!

Search This thread

maypo

Jul 14, 2011
Apologize in advance for the noob struggle but I searched the forums for this and found nothing.
I am a new owner of a Tablet Z, love it but want to make Chrome behave like a desktop browser by default. Have found many places to describe how to do this but they all rely on ADB. ADB relies on USB debugging being turned on. All directions call for going to "Settings->Developer Options" and turnign on USB debugging. However on my Xperia Tablet Z (SW version is Android 4.3 build 10.4.1.B.0.109 if that helps) there is NO "Developer Options" anywhere in the Settings list. I have patiently gone through every option on the device and it plain does not exist. Do I need to boot in some special mode to see it?

Last edited:

MikeViller

Jun 1, 2013
Apologize in advance for the noob struggle but I searched the forums for this and found nothing.
I am a new owner of a Tablet Z, love it but want to make Chrome behave like a desktop browser by default. Have found many places to describe how to do this but they all rely on ADB. ADB relies on USB debugging being turned on. All directions call for going to "Settings->Developer Options" and turnign on USB debugging. However on my Xperia Tablet Z (SW version is Android 4.3 build 10.4.1.B.0.109 if that helps) there is NO "Developer Options" anywhere in the Settings list. I have patiently gone through every option on the device and it plain does not exist. Do I need to boot in some special mode to see it?

multiple tap on the Build number under the about tablet will bring the developer options ....

Reactions: maypo

maypo

Jul 14, 2011
multiple tap on the Build number under the about tablet will bring the developer options ....

Thank you! Holy cow how mysterious can you get.

At any rate, that worked but now when I try to actually download the chrome command line text file to the root filesystem using adb I don't have permissions to do the copy. I get:

c:\Android-SDK\sdk\platform-tools>adb push /chrome-command-line /data/local/chrome-command-line
failed to copy '/chrome-command-line' to '/data/local/chrome-command-line': Permission denied

Anyone know how to modify permissions so ADB will be able to perform this copy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.