How To: Add Sideloaded, Market, or Amazon apps to stock Nook launcher & App Library

Search This thread

Zathu

Apr 16, 2011
How To: Add Sideloaded, Market, or Amazon apps to stock Nook launcher & App Library

If anyone else is looking for an easy way to add a few extra Android apps to the home screen without replacing the B&N launcher, I found that this old app designed for the Nook Color works great on my rooted Nook Tablet. It adds an app to the stock Nook launcher that allows you to browse all apps on the device. Once a sideloaded application is "added to apps", it can be pinned to the launcher panels and added to shelves like B&N market apps.

"Nook Color App Manager - This app adds itself to the Apps section and provides a way to browse the sideloaded apps without the need for a separate launcher."
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hari.sideloadapps&hl=en

Last edited:

qngds

Mar 19, 2008
Tampa
Someone posted to swipe right to left on status to go back when the back indicator isnt there.

Richiez22908

Nov 28, 2011
If anyone else is looking for an easy way to add a few extra Android apps to the home screen without replacing the B&N launcher, I found that this old app designed for the Nook Color works great on my rooted Nook Tablet. It adds an app to the stock Nook launcher that allows you to browse all apps on the device. Once a sideloaded application is "added to apps", it can be pinned to the launcher panels and added to shelves like B&N market apps.

"Nook Color App Manager - This app adds itself to the Apps section and provides a way to browse the sideloaded apps without the need for a separate launcher."

Can you or someone please post the apk file for the "Nook Color App Manager" or a way to get it? Mine is not rooted and I do not have another Android device at this time, but I would like to add the application. Thank you very much for the information.

Last edited:

FloridaPhil

Jul 17, 2011
Tampa Bay
No, root not needed.

Here's a d/l link to App Manager from my Dropbox account.

Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

This is awesome. It really works. Now if some could figure out how to keep the back button on permanently on the status bar.

Download Button Savior from the market - it provides a pop-out menu on the side of the screen that gives various commands, including back function.

reverenddak

Nov 18, 2011
Essential Phone
Valve SteamDeck
Someone posted to swipe right to left on status to go back when the back indicator isnt there.

CONFIRMED, when the Back button isn't there, a swipe from right to left on the status totally works. Now I don't need Button Savior anymore, so I removed it. I use Go Launcher EX as a kind of "Control Panel" for the Android OS and the stock NT Home Launcher with this AppManager for general use.

I love my NT.

Reactions: cookdav and akaCat

outbasket

Nov 17, 2011
I also installed App Manager 1.4. The one problem I notice is that if you go to My Library and then Apps, the apps are there but some the apps I installed off Amazon App Store or manually do not launch. When I tap an App like the Amazon Apps Store, it just brings up an Overview Screen. Any idea how to fix this?

The Apps launch fine from the BN home screen, but not from the BN Library / Apps Screen.

Examples of Apps not launching are Amazon Kindle, Aldiiko, Overdrive Media, Opera Mobile, Dolphin Browser HD, and AndroXplorer.

w9sig

Feb 9, 2011
How do you install this on the NT? I have the apk, on my SD but it says unsupported when I goto App's my file list.

1dallas1

Dec 22, 2011
Wertheim / Germany
load sideload app from SD card possible?

I#m afraid to connect the NT to the web in case of automatic software upgrade from B&N. I run the software 1.4.0 .
Can i download an app from my NOOK tablet ?

I do have the AppMenu.apk and tgps_launcher.apk on the SD card. The NT is unrooted and registered.

Last edited:

joesc1

Aug 28, 2010
I also installed App Manager 1.4. The one problem I notice is that if you go to My Library and then Apps, the apps are there but some the apps I installed off Amazon App Store or manually do not launch. When I tap an App like the Amazon Apps Store, it just brings up an Overview Screen. Any idea how to fix this?

The Apps launch fine from the BN home screen, but not from the BN Library / Apps Screen.

I've got the same problem. Except it's all my apps, either downloaded from the Android Market, or elsewhere. All you can do from the apps screen is manage the apps. :confused:

Would like any tips if possible. Thanks!

tmlee51

Nov 17, 2011
No, root not needed.

Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

Download Button Savior from the market - it provides a pop-out menu on the side of the screen that gives various commands, including back function.

I downloaded it to my PC and how do I install it?

tmlee51

Nov 17, 2011
I followed jkmailley's instruction "Install ES File Explorer and then you can run apk files." It installed. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.hari.sideloadapps&hl=en
    No, root not needed.

Enjoy.

This is awesome. It really works. Now if some could figure out how to keep the back button on permanently on the status bar.

CONFIRMED, when the Back button isn't there, a swipe from right to left on the status totally works. Now I don't need Button Savior anymore, so I removed it. I use Go Launcher EX as a kind of "Control Panel" for the Android OS and the stock NT Home Launcher with this AppManager for general use.

I love my NT.
    I just searched the B&N app library and did not find ES File Explorer. So, I went to EStrongs website to download it. It downloaded fine, but my NT will not install. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda premium

Here you go

Veronica