[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking recorder for hikers and travelers with offline/online mapping (now support 17 different maps!)

Search This thread

Dtrieb

Mar 28, 2008
@home
mobil.schlapa.net
New version available!

- Added option to remove ads.
- New icons to improve visibility.
Icon doesn't fit, look at the screenshot!

sanydyza.jpg

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com

That looks nice, but it would add an extra click, don't you think?
I like more the idea to have them at the bottom. Actually how it appears on that screenshot at the bottom. Like floating.

The icons that I use look kind of old. I'm not a graphic designer so I cannot get something much better.
Actually I was trying to get rid of the white background for each icon, but the best I can get is this
Capture.png

As you can see, there is still some white border around the image.

If there are any people who know how to do it right, please let me know!

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
I have been able to find the right icons for uploading offline position and for deleting offline positions. :)

Update: I got the rest! :good:

Last edited:

Dtrieb

Mar 28, 2008
@home
mobil.schlapa.net
Here some new ideas for the app from me:

A small preview map were you are.
(A choice to show or not)

And you use geocoding to get the street name for the "sharing location" can you write the street every x second on the main screen? Perhaps after the upload of the position behind the coordinates (in brackets)

More will come [emoji6]

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Here some new ideas for the app from me:

A small preview map were you are.
(A choice to show or not)

And you use geocoding to get the street name for the "sharing location" can you write the street every x second on the main screen? Perhaps after the upload of the position behind the coordinates (in brackets)

More will come [emoji6]

I like that. I will probably be able to add it in the next version. Thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Dtrieb

vzoltan

Jan 14, 2009
Feature request:

If the car (phone) is out of a specified range (circle, or rectangle) it sends a text msg with the coordinates, and starts tracking/uploading the points to the server.

Thanks

sudolea

Sep 12, 2014
what to do with this issue of mine ?

Hello,

I have created an Android app that is using TrackMe's website's features (intended to track a stolen vehicle by means of an Android app/phone, hidden somewhere in that vehicle and operated upon by means of SMS messages). I started with the original (_LEM_'s) TrackMe php, after which I switched to (uszu's) phpTrackMe. Up to now, the app is not modifying the database structure that's implemented in both projects.

But I am now on a split, as I want to modify the database structure. My main issue is that I want to add my app's logs to the database. So at this point, should I continue on my own (and up to now : simple) fork, or is there some interest to have these modifications in this project ? If there is, from which point should I start (i.e. from the TrackMe's php, of from phpTrackMe), as I haven't followed the evolution of either of both projects, and so don't know which is more or less the 'lead', if there is a lead whatsever ...

(_LEM_, uszu : you'll most probably remember my mail I posted to both of you some month ago ...)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hello,

I have created an Android app that is using TrackMe's website's features (intended to track a stolen vehicle by means of an Android app/phone, hidden somewhere in that vehicle and operated upon by means of SMS messages). I started with the original (_LEM_'s) TrackMe php, after which I switched to (uszu's) phpTrackMe. Up to now, the app is not modifying the database structure that's implemented in both projects.

But I am now on a split, as I want to modify the database structure. My main issue is that I want to add my app's logs to the database. So at this point, should I continue on my own (and up to now : simple) fork, or is there some interest to have these modifications in this project ? If there is, from which point should I start (i.e. from the TrackMe's php, of from phpTrackMe), as I haven't followed the evolution of either of both projects, and so don't know which is more or less the 'lead', if there is a lead whatsever ...

(_LEM_, uszu : you'll most probably remember my mail I posted to both of you some month ago ...)

sudolea,

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for checking with me about that.

I only maintain the original web viewer (TrackMe's php) but I didn't write that part. It was made by the community. I would be ok if you add any new features to the main build as long as they stay close to the main functionality of TrackMe and it doesn't affect its performance.
Usually when a user has made a modification, I test it on my own website, and if it works fine, I add it to the main build. I could do the same in your case.

Thanks a lot for your contribution to TrackMe. :)

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Hey _LEM_ what did you think about translation?

I would make the German one.

Here a good free service:

http://ackuna.com

Sorry for the late reply.
I have gotten a few requests for translations into other languages, the problem is that right now my code is not 100% ready for that.
I really don't know when and if I'll have the chance to do that, but if I do, I will let you know. Thanks a lot.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
New update

- Ads status (purchased or not) was being displayed every time user returns to the app. It could be annoying. Now it only shows the first time.

Sorry, nothing major... :(
Before continuing the development on TrackMe, I am going to release a new app called TrackMe Lite. It only includes tracking by sms in stealth mode.
Users who use TrackMe only for this, find it too complicated to setup, so I'm going to release that app. I hope it helps with those users.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot11.png
    screenshot22.png
    screenshot33.png
    screenshot44.png
    screenshot55.png
    screenshot66.png
    screenshot77.png
    screenshot88.png
    screenshot99.png
    screenshot100.png

HISTORY

TrackMe is the conversion of the popular tool written originally for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. This version for Android has widely extended the WM version and includes tons of new features. You can find the original thread for TrackMe for WM here

WHAT IS TRACKME?

TrackMe is a GPS/WiFi/Cell ID tracker. It records your path, speed, altitude, distance, temperature and other parameters. It can also be started remotely using text messages from any other phone.
    You can view your data (live or recorded) from your phone or also from any browser if you sync it with a TrackMe server.

Features

* Works with no internet connection. All your data is stored on your phone unless that you decide to sync it with a TrackMe server.
    * Stealth mode: Start/stop recording or send your position by sms by sending text messages from other phones without having TrackMe installed.
    * Add markers with pictures, comments, file attachments or voice notes to your routes.
    * Automatic image matching. You can match existing photos stored on your phone with any of your routes. TrackMe will try to find the closest match by using the tags stored inside the photos.
    * Detailed route summary.
    * Load any GPX files on the map and follow them!
    * Show nearby markers. Check on the map for nearby markers that you have added previously in other routes. Very useful if you are trying to go back to a place that you have visited before.
    * Cloud sharing. Share public or privately your position on the map. You can use this to meet with a person, if you both got lost from each other, if you want to see where the person is if it went on a trip...
    This feature can be also started and stopped from any other phone using text messages.
    * Export and import routes using KML or GPX files.
    * Share your position on WhatsApp, sms, email, twitter...
    * Highly customizable.
    * Use our own server free of charge or your own!
    * And much more!

DOWNLOAD
    Marketplace

HOW TO USE YOUR OWN SERVER
    Click here for instructions (Google Maps API not needed)

CUSTOM WEB VIEWER DEVELOPMENT AND USER PLUGINS
    Click here to visit the thread

WEB BROWSER VIEWER
    Created by OpitZle, pammetje, mcross, jcleek and _LEM_ (only TrackMe client<->server communication)

jcleek1.jpg

SYNCING YOUR DATA WITH A TRACKME SERVER (you only need the app on your phone)

Let's suppose your wife wants to track your location in real-time.

On your phone: Enable "Sync my positions" in Settings->TrackMe Server Settings->Sync my positions. You also need to enter a username and password.
    Now your wife can go to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme from a browser, enter that username and password and enable "Live Tracking On/Off" to see your current position. You need to start recording on the TrackMe app for all this to work.

Keep in mind that Cloud Sharing is less accurate. Syncing with a TrackMe server will allow you as much accuracy as you need, by adjusting the GPS, WiFi, QuickFix, Minimum Accuracy/Distance/Time values in the settings.
    hey guys,

I'm back to development! I just uploaded a new version where I have added the initial logic to let users remove ads.
    It's not available yet, it will in the next version.

Once I have that done, I will add the option to upload images which has been on my to-do list for a long time.

I also want to create a very light version of TrackMe for tracking phones. I get several emails every week about that asking
    how to do it.

Glad to be finally back. I'm a little rusty developing on Android, but hopefully it'll be just a matter of time! :angel:
    new web viewer

Hi!

I tried posting this in web development thread, but I don't have 10 posts :(
    When I earn some points I may repost it there, where it belongs

I wrote a web viewer for TrackMe data. It is a complete rewrite of the original viewer. The only thing that is left of old viewer is interface look and feel.
    It uses Google Maps API v3 but I plan to implement also an OpenStreetMap alternative.
    My viewer is based on ajax, so everything works dynamically without page reloading.
    I use TrackMe on Android, so I implemented only the functions present in this version. There is no support for photos or comments. I will surely add those features when they become present on Android :)
    On the other hand I added altitudes graph. I thought about adding other graphs (like speed) and statistics but gps data I get with the Android app often miss info like speed, angle etc. (why?)
    The code is GPL, so everybody can contribute or reuse it. If you make changes to it please contribute your patches back :)

The code is available at github:
    https://github.com/bfabiszewski/phpTrackme

You can see a simple demo at:
    http://flaa.fabiszewski.net/phptrackme/
    (auto registration of new users from client is blocked on this site)
    hey guys...new updates soon! Working on TrackMe again with new features ;)